Chris Grimes** ******* ***
• Howell, NJ *****(732) ***-****
PROFILE OF QUALIFICATIONS
Quality-focused Operations Manager specializing in Sales Management, Profit & Loss, Strategic Planning, New Product Development, and Supply Chains eager to offer experience toward maximizing an employer’s bottom-line results. Top-performer with the ability to make decisions which reflect positively on business productivity and corporate well-being. Excellent communicator who can handle multiple assignments within deadline-driven environments. Ambitious self-starter who demonstrates superior attention-to-detail and sharp decision-making talents. Journeyman Tool & Die Maker / Die Design. Certified Green Belt Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing, Lockheed Martin.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Facility Management International Supplier Negotiations Sales Forecasting Market Analysis
Automatic Packaging CNC Layout & Design Automatic Screw Machines Injection Molding
Extrusion Die Casting Metal Stamping Lean Manufacturing
AutoCAD ISO 9001:2008 Microsoft Office Suite
• Successfully consolidated 3 manufacturing facilities into 1 to include implementing cost reductions on redundant expenses at all sites.
• Designed and installed 5 innovative tubing extrusion lines in less than 3 years for increased efficiency and productivity.
• Spearheaded efforts for the company to become ISO 9001:2000 registered in July 2004.
• Increased on-time performance by redesigning packaging and shipping department layouts for improved efficiency.
• Reduced inventory 12% over previous year while increasing turns and customer service to 98% on-time delivery rates by initiating lean manufacturing throughout the plant.
• Steered Green Effort initiatives to install new plant lighting which improved light by 50% and saved $33,000 annually in energy costs.
• Decreased set-up times for multi-spindle machines by adding 3 new CNC machines for short-run intricate work.
• Initiated, recommended, and provided key justifications for the purchase of capital equipment.
• Served as Project Design Engineer for Silver Stamping Operations for Tiffany & Company (Morristown, NJ).
• Contributed to double-digit growth as an active chairperson for the company’s New Product Development Committee.
• Successfully led all phases of the acquisition for EMC, Inc. (Omaha, NE) in May 2008.
• Applied dynamic leadership talents toward directing comprehensive business operations to include supervising multidepartment efforts relating to production, cost, and quality of product schedules and delivery dates.
• Strategically planned and delegated employee assignments to optimize use of resources and meet production needs.
• Provided quality team building that encouraged low turnover rates, high levels of company loyalty, and continued operations success.
Strategic Planning / Process Improvement
• Demonstrated sharp analytical skills toward forecasting labor requirements, recommending equipment / layout adjustments, and initiating improved production methods and material handling procedures.
• Spearheaded best practice methodologies and continuous improvement programs to attain strategic alignment with corporate goals.
Sales / Marketing
• Collaborated with cross-functional Sales, Planning, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Accounting departments to optimize overall company performance in achieving critical objectives.
• Led the formulation of strategic business decisions based on analysis of regular sales summaries, along with defining and executing targeted marketing plans to cultivate a strong brand image and develop a new / existing client base.
GAL Elevator Manufacturing
$225 million global elevator component manufacturer
Quality Assurance Manager June 2009- Present
Manage all Issues of Improvements and Quality
Quality Assurance Manager
Walking into this facility was going into a time warp into the 1960s. As an operations manager from a company that I recently transformed I remembered where I was and the challenges ahead.
I established TQM thorough out plant, First piece inspection, work instructions and visual plant.
Management took notice and gave me my first project. Layout work cells and assembly lines.
My first project was a total success.
They moved and packaged their products in heavy wooden crates anywhere 250 to 300 lbs.
on carts throughout the plant which grew organically and had no value stream.
The crates are 15”x 8” x96” long very wielding.
Prior to this new line I designed there were 8 Men filling 60 crates per day and moving them manually on weeled carts.
After re designing the value stream established 3 men 100 crates per day with automatic weighing and installed inline auto strapping and barcode tracking.
Door Operator Line:
Operator line was antiquated and not very worker functional. Tools all over the place not neat or organized. Re designed the line, implemented 5S and reduced line personnel from 16 to 9 and increased productivity from 60 units per day to 100.
SVP. General Manager
Coilhose Pneumatics 2000 - Nov.2008
Responsibilities: Day to day operations, new product development, ISO 9001-2000 Manufactures Rep, P/L Responsibilities and Strategic Planning. Direct reports were: Engineering, Director of Materials Management, Shipping Manager and Plant Manager. Sales for two divisions 50M. 225 Employees.
COILHOSE PNEUMATICS 1995 - 2000
Vice President Manufacturing / Plant Manager
All day to day plant management responsibilities. Initiated lean manufacturing throughout plant & implemented Five S processes and cell structure. Reduced inventory by 12% over last year and increased customer service level to 98% on time delivery
Coilhose Pneumatics 1989 – 1995
Technical Services Manager / Tool Maker
Assisted with design and engineer of all in house assembly machines, fixtures and tooling.
Allied Tool & Stamping 1985 –1989
Tool and Die maker
Die desin, build, repair and set up presses
Almac Plastics 1983 - 1985
Tool & Die Maker
James Madison High School
Certified Green Belt Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing
Additional Professional Roles Held Prior to 1983