Carl James Blowers
Conway SC 29526
Over 25 years of management experience in -Warehousing/Distribution/Manufacturing/Transportation/Materials Management/Logistics/Operations/Customer Service/Safety/Quality/Inventory Control/P&L/Employee Management/H –R.
5/2011 to 12/2011 WEST LOGISTICS – Durham North Carolina (Third Party Warehouse)
Oversee intensive multi- client warehouse/distribution operations (4 warehouses). Responsible for directing the daily activities of all warehouses, including labor scheduling, transportation, inventory control , supervision, and proper utilization of space and equipment, grounds and maintenance and ecommerce fulfillment operations.. Communicate with all accounts (customers) to ensure stable and consistent communications.
Track all metrics of customer’s inventory, shipping accuracy, material damage, inbound / outbound activity. Order fulfillment was increased from 79% to 99% and inventory accuracy went from 93% to 99.5%.
• Plan and schedule all warehouse services including receiving, inventories, storing, shipping, handling, returned/damaged goods, maintenance and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements are met.
• Direct and oversee Customer Service Reps (CSR’s).
• Responsible for budget preparation, financial and account analyses.
• Developed and implemented an effective receiving operation that minimizes costs and ensures receiving paperwork is processed accurately and promptly.
1/2007 – 12/2010 COTY INC. (manufacturer of beauty supplies) – Wilmington/Leland North Carolina
• Oversee all facets of finished goods inventories, shipping scheduling, export shipments, transportation, all related paperwork and records, managing leased equipment (Over $350 million in sales annually) and distribution P & L.
• Implemented plan to improve daily inventories and to improve all customer shipments (in bound and out bound) – Inventory accuracy from 95.4% to 99.1%. Increased complete and on time deliveries from 87% to 96.5%.
• Manage staff training issues and continue to motivate team members.
• Worked closely with freight forwarders and all logistics providers to optimize delivery of products to all states and exports.
• Met or exceeded monthly distribution sales goals 17 out of 18 months.
• From 1/2009 thru 12/2010 – Managed two fast paced Third party warehouses for COTY, INC.
3/2002 –9/2006 McCall Farms - Effingham, SC (manufacturer of fresh fruits and vegetables)
Warehouse/Inventory Manager 2/2004 thru 9/2006
• Responsible for daily shipping and receiving functions, labeling department, Inventory Control, procurement of materials, cold storage, hourly and salaried employees at two shift facility.
• With shipments of finished product increasing 38 percent in past 12 months - Order fulfillment (complete and on time), increased from 72 percent to 97.5 percent. 100 percent projected for F/Y 2006.
• Ensure compliance to all audit standards and inventory procedures.
• Facilitate WMS system (radio frequency/bar code).
• Oversee private fleet and its equipment (10 over the road units).
• Develop annual department business plan and supporting budgets. Oversee P & L.
2nd Shift Production Manager 3/2002 thru 2/2004
• Oversee all phases of manufacturing of fresh fruits and vegetables during 2nd shift including cold storage.
• Responsible for production, shipping, receiving, maintenance, sanitation, waste water, security, quality control, safety, warehousing, inventory control systems (WMS) and planning.
• Monitor daily FDA and USDA reports along with preparing all DHEC waste water and air quality reports.
• Oversee HACCP program; maintain Sop’s and GMP’s, AIB inspections, and thermal cook and its records.
12/2000 – 1/2002 Owner/Operator Main Street Furniture – Rushville, NY
1/2000 – 11/ 2000 Kennedy Furniture – Canandaigua, NY (Furniture Distribution Center)
• Manage all inbound and outbound shipments.
1984- 1999 Constellation Brands, Inc. Canandaigua, NY (manufacturer of wines and champagnes)
• Oversaw the following departments along with its managers and supervisors -
Scheduling, planning, warehousing, purchasing, inventory control and systems.
• Oversee MAPICS-BPICS-MRP inventory programs, Transportation and private fleet.
• Overall responsibility and management for all buyers within Constellation Brands by application of all applicable corporate materials management policies.
• Negotiate contracts with all major suppliers and distributors.
• Developed and maintained F/Y department budgets (1.8 million).
• Manager of East Coast planning and purchasing departments (3 facilities).
• Improved Order Fulfillment (complete and on time) by 40%.Decreased on hand materials by 37 percent.
• Oversaw production of wines and champagnes.
• Responsible for all production P & L.
• Supervised production lines and maintenance departments (3 shifts)..
Graduated High School Hammondsport, NY
BOCES (Vocation) – Mechanics – Corning NY
COMPUTER/ GENERAL SKILLS
Lotus, Excel, Power point,Word/Works,Outlook,BPICS,MAPICS,MAN-FACT,ACCPAC/WMS,AS400,DOS,Crystal,RF Scanning, ASN, AIB, OSHA, USDA, FDA, BATF, SOP’s, GMP’s, KPI’s, Time Management, Full P&L, Metrics, HAZMAT Certified , Fork Lift Certified, Certified Safety Coordinator.
Conway, SC - maintenance engineer, power plant, hvac, machinist,...
Manager Quality Assurance
Conway, SC - extrusion, plastics, high speed, three, history,...
Manager Quality Control
Conway, SC - content, print, cms, magazine, media, seo,...
Conway, SC - sales executive, results, salesman, regional,...
Administrative Assistant Accounts Payable
Conway, SC - epic, cruise, bachelor, multi, programs, arts,...
Electrical High School
Conway, SC - machinist, welding, todd, electrical, kevin,...
Conway, SC - power plant, mechanic, turbine, boiler,...