Marlon Alvendia* ******** **. *** *********
, CA 94112(650) ***-****
To obtain an Attendant-Concierge position that will allow me to utilize my education and work experience.
Sales Associate, Baby Gap, Burlingame, CA (October 2011 – January 2012)
• Worked as a logistics associate and visuals coordinator to process shipment.
• Drove daily sales by engaging customers and replenishing sales floor.
• Handled register transactions.
Administrative Assistant, UCSF, San Francisco, CA (August 2008 – January 2009)
• Researched medical records in UCSF database.
• Entered patient data and information into Excel Spreadsheets to track patients’ clinical attendance.
• Filed and mailed confidential patient records.
• Called patients to confirm appointments and properly explain medical procedures.
• Created charts for new patients.
• Interacted with patients daily to ensure they were directed to the correct physician.
• Ensured all physicians’ mail were received and properly distributed.
Transportation Security Officer, Covenant Aviation, South San Francisco, CA (August 2007 – December 2007)
• Screened passengers for prohibited items using a metal detector. Conducted body pats for additional screening.
• Operated machines such as x-ray and explosive detectors to locate possible IEDs, excess liquids and weapons.
• Verified passenger flight tickets and passports using devices to detect fraudulent documents.
• Secured exit points by monitoring incoming and outgoing flow of people.
• Knowledge of security codes to verify security personnel such as I.C.E, Air Marshals, Pilots and local San Francisco airport police.
Sales Associate, Old Navy, Colma, CA (December 1999 – July 2007)
• Participated in training new employees. Made sure they were properly trained in operating cash registers, recovering the floor and executing outstanding customer service.
• Performed temporary supervisor roles during shipment processing. Made sure other employees were working efficiently and accurately in a timely manner.
• Handled high priority projects that oversaw department blueprints and implemented structural changes.
• Coordinated daily shipment to ensure all stands, fixtures and tables were adequately filled with store merchandise.
• Responsible for cash flow in all registers. Ensured all registers were adequately supplied with sufficient amount of cash.
• Helped maintain store’s safety compliance for inspection readiness.
• Engaged in daily customer service such as answering phone calls, handling transactions and constant interactions with customers on the sales floor
Bachelor of Science, Sociology
San Francisco State University, 2010
Dean’s List, Spring 2009
Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, IDX database