Manager Operations Management Manufacturing Engineering
|MARTIN R. KVETKO
*** ********* **.
Mansfield TX 76063
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT / LEAN MANAGER
• Highly experienced Operations Management professional; recipient of numerous awards for quality and process innovation from one of America’s leading automotive manufacturers. Demonstrated expertise and success in numerous operational activities including production, plant quality and engineering, materials and receiving and facilities maintenance.
• Practiced in the formulation, administration and delivery of continuous improvement in Profit & Loss, Business Planning, Plant Reporting, and Performance to Budget Compliance and internal process controls.
• Certified Lean Sigma and Six Sigma Black Belt experienced in Safety, ISO 9002, ISO 14000, Lean Manufacturing, TPS, Poke-Yoke error proofing, Quality, SPC, PFMEA, 8-D, VRT Problem Solving, DOE, Warranty, Color Harmony, Launch Process, Project Management., Union Relations, Manufacturing Management. & Engineering.
Owens Corning - BMG, Waxahachie Plant & DC, Waxahachie, TX 2008 – Present
Owens Corning Waxahachie Plant was established in 1964 and is a part of the Building and Materials Group. The plant produces fiber glass products for the commercial construction, HVAC, and residential insulation markets. The manufacturing area consists of 750,000 sq. ft. with a through put capacity of over 375 million lbs per year. The ware house and distribution center consists of over 1million sq. ft. with 2 satellite locations.
As Continuous Improvement Leader for the Plant, the main focus is to apply lean processes while reducing waste in the operation. Teach, train and lead all aspects of Lean Sigma with in our organization and support our customers with events focused on customer needs. The application of the Kaizen Event is a primary tool used at Waxahachie. Each Kaizen Event consists of a charter, before and after data collection or measurable, stated deliverables and kaizen news papers to track follow-up actions not completed during the event. The first week is where the lean training takes place, time of discovery, changes are identified, action plans are developed, trialed and implemented and finally new standard work is created. The second week of the kaizen event is used to train all operators on the changes and new standard work. Another tool used is the Value Stream Analysis - VSA. A well executed VSA identifies bottle necks and waste through out the process. This tool is particularly useful in a business process improvement or in a working capital reduction event.
• Confirmed Savings:
o Finished Goods Inventory Reduction of $9.7m in working capital. Using demand segmentation to identify the correct inventory product mix, while reducing our customer order lead time down to 4 days.
o Therm-All Washington Customer Kaizen Event. Reduced customer order lead time from 14 to 8 days.
Actions taken to achieve savings:
Identified the Portland DC (2 day lead time) to hold safety stock of top 10 SKUs.
Switched to Santa Clara DC (2 day lead time) from Newark DC (12 day lead time).
Developed demand segmentation and stocking levels for to 10 SKUs.
Added benefit: Discovered product cost reduction opportunity and SKU reduction.
o Batch Materials Inventory Reduction of $150k in working capital. Developed a pull system using bin level min/max and Omar Vega radar to accurately manage inventory levels. Actions taken to achieve savings:
Single sourced our batch material transportation and inventory management with Modern Transportation.
Expanded our receiving days from 4.5 per week to 6 days per week - 5:00am to 10:00 pm.
Eliminated 12.0 hours of over time on Mondays & Fridays
o Spinner Inventory Reduction of $190k in working capital. Actions taken to achieve savings:
Kan Ban system for each spinner (4 total)
Spinner shop relieved inventory when each spinner was assembled – taken to point of use.
Relief of inventory created an automatic order point with our spinner supplier. 2 week lead time.
o Hot Glass Scrap Reduction of $315k in scrap product savings due to hot glass.
Actions taken to achieve savings:
Leveled & squared (8) fiberizer assemblies to bushing and glass stream.
Added benefit – increased our spinner life from 25 hours to 100 hours.
MARTIN R. KVETKO PAGE TWO
ANDROID INDUSTRIES, Arlington North Plant, Arlington, TX 2006 - 2008
Manufacturing & Engineering and Continuous Improvement Manager June 2007 to June 2008
Develop the Manufacturing & Engineering Department into an integrated service organization. Responsible for the sites continuous improvement & lean kaizen activities resulting in direct labor savings, indirect labor savings coupled with contract material handling equipment. Manage the engineering, planning & facilitate all new business activities for the Ai Arlington site. APQP, PFEMA, FMVSS compliance, quality & operating processes and engineering change.
Senior Operations Manager - North Plant, Feb 2006 – June 2007
Charged by management to turnaround an inefficient and unproductive operation that was in danger of losing its’ GM business. Selected by management as an integral part of an entirely new management team to deliver this turn around. Work in close collaboration with the plant’s general manager, engineering manager and materials director to establish quality processes, contain problems, conceive and deliver permanent corrective actions and identify potential problems to replicate a best practice.
Direct all plant operations and the activities of 400 employees at this site supporting 95% of the GM plant’s material handling requirements while controlling 80% of this Android Industries site’s resources, product and profit. Manage operational activities including production, plant quality, material and receiving activities.
Work in close collaboration with a senior leadership group comprised of a general manager, a senior operations manager, a materials director, controller and engineering manager to guide the operations of this plant. In conjunction with senior leadership provide advice regarding profit and loss, budget planning and performance to budget, impacting the operations of the overall site.
• Rescued the GM account and took the plant from a 2005 operating loss of $6M to a 2006 profit margin of $4.1M by developing team leaders, creating and enforcing work standards, providing operator instructions sheets, revamping the technology, increasing equipment reliability and educating employees in its use.
• Set new benchmarks for performance:
o Reduced North Plant labor force on rolls from more than 700 to 525 employees while cutting labor requirements from a 414 per day to 256 per day.
o Decreased North Plant External Quality DPPM from 74.3 down to 3.9 DPPM and Internal Quality DPPM from 257.3 down to 25.3 DPPM.
o Achieved a North Plant Safety OSHA Recordable Incident Rate from >28 to <10
o Promoted one junior operations manager, one production shift manager two quality and engineering coordinators, two materials and receiving shift managers and one materials and receiving coordinator.
FORD MOTOR COMPANY, Detroit, MI 1993 - 2006
MICHIGAN TRUCK PLANT, Wayne, MI
Paint Plant Manufacturing Planning Specialist & Six Sigma Black Belt May 2002 – February 2006
Directed the daily operations of this plant including quality, production, engineering and new model launch while guiding the activities of as many as 275 employees engaged in these functions.
Monitored periodic quality indicators and structured subsequent action matrices. Established performance criteria JPH, FTT, direct labor, indirect labor, indirect materials, OLOT, scrap & obsolete materials, bulk materials & FUFA. Directed quality, launch, lean manufacturing, I.E. & process engineering, and project management.. Orchestrated all new model & carry over launch activities from prototype to final production including plant budget, facility changes, layout, process, tooling and labor.
• Delivered more than $15M in confirmed savings on an annual basis since 2004 by guiding 14 Six Sigma Green Belts and 2 Six Sigma Black Belts in quality improvement initiatives.
Manufacturing Process Engineer Sr February 1995 – May 2002
Provided VPOS Reporting detailing performance to budget in aspects including direct labor, indirect labor, indirect materials, OLOT, purchase orders & credit card. Developed and implement labor cost reduction plans utilizing lean manufacturing. Formulated and delivered cost efficiencies in the use of bulk, direct, indirect, scrap and obsolete materials. Staffed the Industrial Engineering Department and identified labor cost efficiencies
• Delivered confirmed annual savings in excess of $10M utilizing Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
• Developed nearly $10M in new business by utilizing lean manufacturing techniques in the painting of prototype vehicles.
MARTIN R. KVETKO PAGE THREE
NORFOLK ASSEMBLY PLANT, Norfolk, VA?? August 1993 – February 1995:
Automation Engineer & Production Supervisor
Key player in the launch a new paint facility. Debugged automation, developed operational parameters for 14 colors, clear coat and 3 prime.
• Paint Launch Production Supervisor on the 1996 Ford Pick-up. Participant in the development of production tooling & processes.
EDUCATION & AWARDS
BBA, Tampa College, Tampa FL. Honor Graduate, October, 1990
Certified Lean, TBM, August 2009
Six Sigma Black Belt, May 2002
Certified Green Belt Trainer, October 2002
Henry Ford Technology Award, September 2002 – 2K Structural Foam System
Customer Driven Quality Award Finalist, April 1998 – Paint Reduction Project.
Customer Driven Quality Award Finalist, April 1997 – Brighton Seat Operation
Similar ResumesStess Analysis & Aircraft Structural Design Engineering
Fort Worth, TX
- engneer, proengineer, wireframe, enovia, airbus,...Account Manager
- repossession, collector, buyer, wendy, financials,...Manager Operations Management Manufacturing Engineering
- spinner, android, green belt, quality improvement,...Project MANAGER
- commissioning validation, piping design, bms,...Mechanical/Project Engineer
Mt. Prospect, IL
- draftsperson, plastic injection molding, titanium,...Office Manager, Administrative Assistant, Human Resources Assistant
Fort Worth, TX
- vacancy, gs, baggage, admin, recruiters, terry,....NET Developer
San Diego, CA
- android developer, android, spinner, ssrs, sdk,...FAR, CAS, DCAA
- dcaa, evms, federal government, aeronautical, cca,...Project Engineer / Project Manager/Designer/Drafter/Tooling
- brake press, plant engineer, cnc, heat transfer,...Customer Service Technician Engineer Business
Mount Pleasant, PA
- ricoh, end user, installs, several, vtc, hdd,...