Software Engineer Project Manager Sales Development
|George Stepanenko PMP
**** ********* ******, *********, ** 33020
305-***-**** Home, 214-***-**** Cell
Certification: PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP)
10/06 – Present Consultant/Project Manager
Flextronics/Solectron/SRI PD FlexMedical, 600 Shiloh Road, Plano, TX 75074
- Responsible for project management of medical device development projects.
- Managing a wide variety of projects.
- Projects involving design, testing and documentation.
04/06 – 10/06 Director of Engineering Verification
Emageon, 900 Walnut Ridge Drive, Hartland, WI 53029
- Responsible for setting up the Verification group.
- Responsible for Verification activities for all product lines: radiology, cardiology, clinical work-flow, enterprise platform etc.
- Responsible for process improvements.
- Responsible for automation of the testing process.
04/05 – 04/06 Director of Software Engineering and Quality Assurance
Stinger Medical, 1152 Park Ave., Murfreesboro, TN 37128
- Responsible for establishing software development process
- Responsible for establishing Quality Assurance System for the whole company for the ISO 13485:2003 (medical) certification
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of software
- Responsible for redesigning the software using C#, .NET. Originally done in Delphi.
01/03 - 05/05 Math Teacher
CFBISD, 1445 North Perry Road, Carrollton, Texas 75006
- This was a temporary job while tying to find a more appropriate opportunity that matched my skills. This was a temporary job while tying to find software engineering opportunity
4/2001 – 8/2002 Sr. Firmware Engineer
AVO International, Inc., 4271 Bronze Way, Dallas, TX 75237
- Responsibilities include:
- Established SW group of 5 engineers for newly formed LAN testing equipment group.
- Recruiting and hiring of the Software engineers.
- Responsible for the researching competitive products.
- Responsible for the high level design.
- Responsible for the Software schedule.
1997 – 2000 Clinical Chemistry Software/V&V Manager
ABBOTT LABORATORIES, 1921 Hurd Drive Irving, TX 75038
- Responsible for establishing SW department for Clinical Chemistry department. Current annual budget $3.2M.
- Projects scheduled for release were on time and within budget.
- Established design and development procedures and methods compliant with ISO 9000 and FDA standards.
- Managed the group consists of 7 V&V Engineers 19 SW engineers (4 in France) and 1 SW Technician.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, performance reviews of the Software and Verification & Validation engineers.
- Managing hardware/software co-development with Toshiba Corp. (Nasu, Japan) and Alcyon (France).
- Co-developing with Toshiba mid range chemistry analyzer that uses PC Workstation based on Windows NT. Co-development with Alcyon is feasibility for a new tabletop chemistry analyzer using Windows CE and maintenance of an existing analyzer.
- Responsible for development of Sample Handler, real-time embedded software, using Object-Time CASE tool.
- Responsible for PC hardware selection, qualification, including EMC testing.
- Track used for sample transport is developed using Object-Time, a real-time development CASE tool.
- Successfully launched three chemistry products.
- Established development process that’s 50 % faster and 50% less expensive than current process in Immuno Assay division.
- Grew department from one engineer to 35-member cross-functional development team with a $6 million annual budget.
- Established laboratory facilities for product V&V testing,
- Responsible for subcontract management.
- Responsible for vendor selection and qualification.
- Responsible for international technical sales/marketing presentations and support.
1988 – 1997 Software/V&V Manager
Coulter Corporation, Miami, FL
- Successfully managed the largest software team in the company: 25 software engineers, 12 V&V engineers, 8 software consultants, 4 technical writers and 9 technicians.
- Annual budget of $5M.
- Totally responsible for the Gen*S (Hematology analyzer) software and PC workstation hardware. Gen*S is the top of the line automated hematology analyzer consisting of Analytical station, PC workstation, slide maker and slide stainer. PC workstation is based on 200 MHz Pentium with 128 Meg RAM running Windows NT. The rest of the system is embedded, based on 186, ***, **** and 8085 Intel CPUs.
- Successfully launched three generations of Large hematology instruments STKR, STKS and Gen*S. Total sales generated with products over a billion dollars per year.
- Acting as liaison between engineering and other departments such as marketing, sales, service and evaluators.
- In addition to above managed the V&V group, for a period of one year. V&V consisted of 6 software engineers and 6 technicians.
- Successfully handled the transition from DOS to Windows NT/SQL/MFC/RAS environment for the Gen*S workstation.
1987 – 1988 Owner/Partner
Micro Interfaces Corp., Miami, FL
- Started a software company specializing in operating system interfaces with one partner.
- First product ran ISIS (Intel OS) software on IBM PC DOS systems.
- Company was in business for 4 years, peaking with 12 employees grossing $1M per year.
- After initial product added 16-bit RUN for ISIS and RUN-CPM.
- Later added a backup utility for DOS called Back-it.
- Organized and ran the day-to-day operations, including development, shipping, receiving, marketing, sales.
1982 - 1987 Software Manager
Coulter Corporation, Hialeah, FL
- Started on a proposed hematology analyzer, project which was canceled after three months.
- Switched to a new project, a hematology instrument diluter controller. Real-time embedded system based on 8085 CPU. Supervised 5 engineers and 1 consultant.
- Initial release took two years, followed by many subsequent releases. This product was the first automated hematology analyzer on the market.
- Totally responsible for design and implementation of software.
1980 - 1982 Software Engineer
IDS IDAB, Hialeah Gardens, FL
- Real-time embedded system to control newspaper stacker based on 8085 CPU. This was the first newspaper stacker to be fully computerized. Completed the two-year project on time.
1979 – 1980 Software Engineer
Fidelity Electronics, Miami, FL
- Designed and coded embedded diagnostic functions for a chess game, based on 8048 CPU. Started desktop notepad/calendar product based on Z80 CPU.
1977 – 1979 Cyclotron Operator/ Computer Specialist
Mt. Sinai Hospital, Miami Beach, FL
- Operated 27 MeV cyclotron.
- Worked on computerizing the cyclotron operation.
Florida International University, Miami, FL
BS – Physics 1978
Similar ResumesIT Infrastructure Architect
Fort Lauderdale, FL - engineer, vmware, architect, citrix, sql, emc,...Senior Construction Manager / Estimator
United States - estimator, hvac, inspector, army, project manager,...Project Manager Development Software Management
Round Rock, TX - data processing, senior manager, bios, apollo,...Project Manager Management Business Supply Chain
Frisco, TX - business model, it security, life cycle,...Program/Project Manager MBA PMP
Plano, TX - raytheon, mechanical engineer, engineer,...Project Manager Engineer Electrical Design Management
Miami, FL - engineer electrical, curtain, surge,...inside sales
Dania, FL - army, registered, naval, infantry, recruiter,...Director, Marketing
Dania Beach, FL - designer, graphic, graphic designer, lauderdale,...QE Manager
Hollywood, FL - sample, examples, embedded, engineer, csharp,...Finance Manager/Controller
Hollywood, FL - armenian, lear, php, mca, iran, tandem, embassy,...