• Over **
years of experience as a VMS Systems Administrator
• Over 6 years of hands-on UNIX Administrator experience
• Openvms and AIX Installations, Upgrades, and Migrations
• Server Configuration for Network Protocols
• Openvms and AIX system monitoring and management
• Customer and development support for both Openvms and AIX systems
• Experienced with both standalone and clustered VMS systems
• Cluster load balancing
• Automated backup procedures
• Provided 24/7 On Call and after hours support
Able Force / Credco-Corelogic, San Diego CA 2010 - 2011
• Graves NOC Operator during migration of data center to Santa Ana
• Monitor network and server performance, AIX and Windows
• Escalate issues and monitor alerts to appropriate support groups
• Process daily TSM backup tapes from Iron Mountain
Environment: AIX, Windows, BMC Patrol, TSM, Iron Mountain, NOC, Hostmon
Scripps Health, San Diego, CA 2004 – 2010
ECP Systems Administrator
• Monitored and provided hands-on assistance for mid frame computer system performance.
• Resolved critical production issues and provided backup support across multiple operating systems.
• Primarily responsible for the clustered Openvms and various UNIX mid frame servers.
• Installed, patched and upgraded servers as required.
• Worked closely with senior managers, technical staff, and directly with clients to develop effective planning and operational processes, procedures and methodologies.
Environment: OpenVMS, AIX, HP UX, HP Nonstop, OS390, Tru-64, Alpha Servers ES47 & ES40, IBM P5, P6, and HMC, EMC DMX, HP TCPIP, DCL, DECNET Phase IV & V, Shell scripting, Smit, SAM, Load balancing, Disk Shadowing
Innovative Technologies / Science Applications International Corporation 2002 – 2004
VMS Systems Administrator
• Completed migration of production and test standalone Openvms alpha servers.
• Project included testing and modifying startup command procedures for both in-house and layered applications.
• Developed backup and restoration procedures for transferring data to east coast sites.
• Built out both Disaster Recovery and development nodes.
• Provided daily system monitoring and help desk support
Environment: OpenVMS, Alpha Servers DS20 and DS10, IBM Mainframe DCL, SNA,
AUTOGEN, DEC TCPIP, DECNET IV & V, SYSMAN, SYSGEN
Kelly-Moore Paint Company, San Carlos, CA, 1999 – 2002
VMS Systems Consultant
• Provided VMS support for upgrading VAX production servers for Y2K efforts at two manufacturing plants.
• Project Lead for VAX to Alpha migration. Installed, configured and tested production applications on new hardware.
• Coordinated programming support for software migration and testing phases.
• Provided on call and production support for processing, backups, batch procedures, new accounts, and printer support.
Environment: OpenVMS, Vax VMS, Alpha Server 500, VAX 3800, Compaq TCPIP, DCL,
Lockheed Martin, Enterprise Information Systems (EIS), Sunnyvale, CA 1999 – 2001
Computer Systems Analyst
• VMS System Administrator for multiple VMS platforms (VAX and Alpha) supporting a classified development test facility for the MILSTAR satellite program.
• Major projects included converting VMS system network configurations from MULTINET to Compaq TCP/IP (UCX) and DECNET Phase IV to V.
• Upgraded operating systems with applicable patches.
• Provided daily customer support, application troubleshooting, and system maintenance.
• Created new accounts, monitored system access and automated backup procedures.
• Provided remote system management for the EIS Denver Data Center and supported their system consolidation, Y2K, and legacy software reduction efforts.
Environment: OpenVMS, Vax VMS, Alpha Server 500, Compaq TCPIP, DCL, Tru64 Unix, Multinet, DECnet Phase IV & V
Open Node Management I & II
Openvms System & Network Node Management III
Openvms DCL Scripting
Configuring and Managing Complex VMS Clusters
Managing Complex HP Openvms Systems
HP UNIX System and Networking Administration I & II
Windows 2000 MSCE Coursework
Linux Self Studies for Red Hat and Ubuntu
DOD Interim Secret granted 5 December 2000, Lockheed Martin MILSTAR program, not active