|SHAHNAWAZ ALI KHAN Cell:, +************, +********2130Email: firstname.lastname@example.org://www.linkedin.com/in/shahnawazali
Career Interests: To pursue as a RF Engineer with a Cellular Organization in the field of radio network Planning and Optimization which provide an opportunity to work with upcoming technologies utilizing my knowledge current experience, and abilities of analysis and project management, enthusiastic, eager to learn and willing to prove to be a valuable resource for any team.
• Mobile Network Services [MNS]
Currently working on contract for Western Region of UAE, responsible for BSS network operations in
collaboration with Optimization and Cell planning for maintaining network KPIs and quality standards.
CONSISTEL Pakistan [WARIDTEL IBS Project]
January 2008 – February 2010
Worked as a RF Engineer, responsible for planning, designing, optimizing in-building GSM cell sites for Warid Telecom, and optimizing the IBS using Ericsson 2308/2111 BTS to meet the KPIs as required.
• Pakistan Mobile Communications Limited [MOBILINK] [An ORASCOM Telecom Company.]
April 2005 – January 2008
Worked as a Senior BSS Optimization Engineer providing level II BSS support, responsible for Monitoring KPIs and QOS by Maintaining Alcatel BSS GSM 900 / DCS 1800 network of entire regional network of 67 BSC’s and 1500 cell sites.
Radio Design Skills:
• Conducting walk test/drive test for data collection using TEMS Investigation 8.03, post Processing of log files after DT/Walk test and report generation and benchmarking.
• CW testing using Nokia Nemo Test Transmitter for verifying coverage prediction.
• Knowledge of NEMO Analyzer to check and improve the performance
• Conducting initial RF/TSS/LOS surveys survey and preparing SSR and TSSR.
• Preparing RF Technical Design Proposal for In-Building Solutions.
• Preparing the nominal cell plan for IBS.
• Calculating the Link Budget/EIRP table and designing of the schematic diagram for IBS solutions and deciding the cable routing and backbone designing.
• in depth understanding of Ericsson’s R10 GSM Radio Network Parameters and Cell Design Data
• Experience of passive and active DAS (Distributed Antenna System), Hybrid Active DAS, repeaters for In-Building Coverage solutions.
• Improving QOS issues & Network audits
• Rectification of service degradation and fault rectification for implemented on-aired sites.
• Removing of hardware faults effecting KPIs
• Providing second line support for network problems
• In depth knowledge of GSM900/GSM1800/UMTS Systems, their features, signaling and network architecture.
• Understanding of UMTS Radio features of Eb/No, Ec/Io, CPICH, Pilot pollution.
• Understanding of UMTS noise effects, power control and cell breathing
• In-depth Knowledge of different IBS design strategies for various requirements.
• Experienced of all In-Building Planning procedures and process flow, traffic dimensioning and link budget for Active and Passive DAS, Free space loss.
• Network Health check and KPIs monitoring
• Developing SOPs for Engineering procedures
• OMC/OSS utilization for maintenance of network on radio level, cell level activities.
• Involved in working for the improvement of RF KPIs on cell level [TCH congestion, CDR, CSSR, HSR, SD Blocking], Adjustments of idle mode boundaries by tweaking ACCMIN, C1, C2, LevThr, LayerHyst.
Parameter adjustment for urgency condition, locating, HCS, Assignment, Intra cell Handovers
• Performing hardware calibration for the improvement of problems causing handover failures, and external internal interference.
• Thorough understanding of call setup and termination procedures and handover sequences.
• Knowledge of cellular architecture and different cell structure of Macro, Micro, Pico cells and their design considerations for coverage and capacity enhancements.
• Fair understanding of capacity dimensioning and RF design for optimized link budgets, Capacity dimensioning, frequency planning and fine-tuning.
• Understanding of advanced wireless technology of Wimax, 3G, UMTS, CDMA networks.
NOC & BSS Experience
Experience with the following Vendors systems:
1. Ericsson RBS 2308, RBS 2111
2. Motorola BSS, BTS , Horizon Macro, Horizon II Macro, HorizonMicro2, BSC, XCDR.
3. Motorola OMC-R, Alarm Monitoring and Network Supervision
4. Alcatel Evolium BTS A9100, BSC A9120/A9130, TC A9125
5. Alcatel-Lucent A1353 OMCR Network Supervision and Configuration Management
6. Huawei 3G DBS 3800, 3900, BTS 3812E
Have extensive experience of Base Station Subsystem with various vendors, with understanding of day-to-day network operations and routine network monitoring and maintenance.
Strong knowledge of cellular/wireless systems, in-depth knowledge of network operations, monitoring and troubleshooting
Fault management and configuration management skills
New Site creation and modification of database.
Migration and re-parenting activities of sites from one BSC to another.
handling software updates and do basic equipment, software and port configurations.
Have understanding of defined policies and procedures for all the preventive and corrective maintenance.
Experience of documentation, such as survey reports, acceptance reports etc, (before, during and after installation) for official records and inventory.
Liaison with internal departments and external companies and vendors to obtain successful completion of work orders.
Troubleshooting of Equipment based faults and configuration issues for network entities.
Handling and resolving QOS KPIs related issues to keep the network in optimum condition
Escalating and troubleshooting problems causing call drops, handover failures, interference, call setup failures and low CSSR.
Identifying monitoring and signaling link of X.25, OML, N7, XBL, GBL, and GDS failures for improving KPI.
Understanding of OMC R connectivity with BSC, XCDR, MFS and PCU.
Expereince of Installation, commissioning, maintenance and fault diagnosis of BTS, both 2G and 3G, Microwave radios/network, with rectification of faults within stringent SLA's.
Understand the measures for quality of installation of equipment as per quality standards
responsible for activities on non-core network elements and systems as directed by Work Orders issued from the dispatch function
Alcatel-Lucent EVOLIUM BSC/TC B10 training from ETISALAT Academy.
CBT training UMTS Air interface Fundamentals by Award solutions Inc.
Project Management Training, with PMP exam preparation at Sir Syed University of Engineering & Tech.
Alcatel-Lucent A1353 OMCR Network Supervision and Configuration Management
at Alcatel University, Smart Village Cairo Egypt 2006.
CBT training of Introduction to Digital Cellular by Motorola Inc.
Cisco Certified Network Associate [CCNA].
• Good understanding the working MapInfo 6.0 and TEMS 5.1,TEMS 8.03,NEMO handy, working Knowledge of AutoCAD, iBwave & ASSET.
• Good working knowledge of several word processing packages including Microsoft Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint, Windows98 and Windows XP, Linux.
• Data Communication between LAN, WAN with different network Topologies.
English Language competency:
International English Language Testing System [IELTS] score 7 Band
• Bachelors of Electronic Engineering [BS(EE)],
With First Division from Sir Syed University of Engineering & Tech Karachi-Pakistan,
• Intermediate (Pre - Engineering) with First Division,
From Adamjee Govt. Science College, Karachi – Pakistan.
• Matriculation (Science) with First Division from Board of Secondary Education, Karachi.
Shmen Public School, Karachi.
Valid UAE International Driving License
Similar ResumesRF IBS/DAS Engineer
Hyderabad sindh - optical fiber, riser, atp, drive test, ibs, huawei,...Stephen M. Hengy
Lewisville, TX - sap, es, bw, abap, oracle, sap basis,...QA Analyst
The Colony, TX - qc, tester, qa, etl, siebel, informatica, offshore,...Management Business Project Engineer Sql Server
Plano, TX - qa, sql, engineer, tester, j2ee, csharp, massage,....NET Developer
Mesquite, TX - csharp, developer, aspnet, programmer,...PHP
irving, TX - developer, php, business analyst, linux,...Senior Project Manager
Murrieta, CA - osp, rf, land, project manager, construction,...Project Manager Engineer Management Construction
Upper Marlboro, MD - power plant, engineer, rf, fiber, dcs,...Sales Engineer Network Business Development Technical
United States - engineer, rf, uae, 3g, ios, saudi, india, telecom,...Harikrishnan-Resume
Arlington, TX - csharp, php, engineer, download, india, aspnet,...