|Kuljit S Khunkhun
**** ****** *****, *******, ** 94536
Tel: Home (510)***-**** Cell: (510)***-****
Area of experience: 10+ yrs of working experience as Supplier Quality/ Manufacturing/ NPI engineering in system integration, for, EMS, Electro-mechanical assemblies, Storage Media, and instrumentation and Medical Equipment industry. Experience in implementing and supporting, GMP, FDA QSR, ISO, IPC, J, RoHS compliance standards etc.
Education /Work status: MS-Industrial/System Eng- San Jose State/ US citizen.
1) Lean Six sigma Black belt at Villanova university
2) Mastering in project management at Villanova University
Software Skills –
Applicable knowledge of SAP, BRIO, Solid-Works, Valor, IFS, Agile, Oracle ECO and BOM, Data Sweep, Mentor graphics, Allegro, GC preview, Cam Cad, PDM, Flow chart, Uni-cam, Pro-model, VSS, SPC 3D, Minitab 10, JMP & Auto-cad, Microsoft Project, MS office etc.
Carrier Highlights and Achievements:
• Performed periodic suppler process quality audits for sheet metal forming, metal and plastic machining, plastic molding, PCBA, and wire cabling.
• Presented and reported results to management and maintained quality metrics.
• Participated in supplier selection team meeting to provide valuable input and preliminary audit results to the managements.
• Generated quality plans for different products based on quality manual, quality standard and product requirements and implemented at supplier sites.
• Participated in contract negotiation and evaluated engineer capabilities and production capacity to the suppliers.
• Served as a technical contact between customer, supplier, manufacturing and other inter-company departments.
• Provided component-engineering support to NPI, manufacturing and suppliers.
• Maintained supplier score and provided supplier satisfaction report based upon Quality, delivery, and performance.
• Generated/modified mechanical, PBA Assembly, cable and harness assembly drawings, assembly instructions for in-house production team and suppliers.
• Qualified first article and issued approval certificates.
• Provided day-to-day engineering support to resolve manufacturing and test issues to meet production and quality goals and traveled to supplier sites to train employees for NPI assembly quality and test processes.
• Reviewed product requirements and provided DFM feedback to engineering/customer/ supplier.
• Analyzed Gerber and board files (Mentor & Allegro) and provide a pre and post assembly DFM and DFT feedback to the customer and suppliers.
• Represented as a senior member of manufacturing and quality in the NPI gate reviews and provide DFM and DFT reports on proto and pilot runs.
• Chaired NPI and built readiness meetings with production to determine the requirements to start new PCBAs assembly on schedule.
• Presented Quality trend analysis DPM reports, corrective actions and process improvements implemented in the Quarterly Business Review meetings (QBR) to suppliers and internal plus external customers.
• Setup and chaired MRB meetings and resolved material production issues by coordinating efforts among procurement, manufacturing and suppliers.
• Introduced new cost effective and safer packaging materials, and reduced shipping defects by 75%.
• Transferred prototype products, processes, BOM and documentation from gateway to worldwide mass production sites and supported products through production environment between geographical locations.
• Re-designed the ECO process and forms and implemented lean manufacturing principles.
• Chaired ECN reviews MRB reviews, root cause and failure analysis FMEA, and implemented corrective actions to resolve internal, supplier and customer issues.
• Managed projects with Test lab, UL and suppliers in qualifying new components and power supplies according to safety ratings requirements.
• Requested Failure Analysis from the manufacturer and independent labs and insured corrective action implementation.
• Supervised and supported ICT in-circuit and Functional tests and created DFM and DFT reports for new and existing assemblies.
• Set-up and managed new RMA process for field returns. Provided repair cost to the Program Management and customer.
• Perform DOE analysis and Cpk studies to set control limits and maintain and improved process Cp and Cpk.
• Lead a project team implementing 6 Sigma and Lean manufacturing and Kaizen Principles and successfully improved productivity by 25% and maintained high quality.
• Implemented 5S program, trained assemblers, reduced injuries and improved efficiency by 20%.
• Successfully implemented defect data collection and corrective action system which improved the quality by 32%.
• Qualifying and purchasing solder pastes, fluxes, SMT and wave solder equipment.
• Introduced new technologies to the manufacturing floor and trained engineers and techs to install new packages BGA, FBGA, COB, QFNs micro BGAs, Flex circuits, fine passive components on advanced multilayer PCBs.
• Generated BOM for new products, maintained the rev control for the proto, pilot and production phase and implemented ECO changes to BOMs on existing product.
• Created manufacturing/product/process/tooling and equipment instructions including visual aid and conduct training in implementing lean production.
• Managed cost reduction efforts by reducing cycle time, defects reduction at automated and manual assembly process successfully reduced rework cost by 15%.
10/06-6/20/08 Supplier Quality /Manufacturing Engineer
Clear-Com Communication (Vitec Group)
Product and Services: Communication solutions for broadcast, live performance, military, government and commercial markets using Voice over IP, and wireless technologies.
9/04 – 10/06 Sr. Process engineer / In Process Quality engineer
ZF Array Technology San Jose, CA
Product and Services: Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider for test and measurement, audio and video, simulation and satellite communication devices.
08/01- 04/04, Process and Quality engineering
LeeMAH Electronic Inc., Fremont, CA
Product and Services: Global electronics manufacturing service company, provides complete manufacturing and test solutions for automotive, medical, audio, semiconductor equipments assembly.
12/98- 7/01 Manufacturing and Quality engineering
Celestica, San Jose, CA
Product and Services: A global electronics manufacturing service company provides manufacturing solutions communication, routers, modems, mainframe computers, and servers’ assemblies.
12/96 - 12/98 Sr. Process Characterization & Control Engineer
Read Rite Corp, Fremont, CA.
Product and Services: One of the world’s largest independent suppliers of magnetic recording heads for the hard disk drive (HDD) and tape drive markets. At Read Rite I was responsible is performing Statistical analysis SPC, DOE, regression studies, Hypothesis testing on semiconductor process such as semiconductor thin-film, Photo-lithographic, chemical etching and CMP processes.
7/93 - 12/96 Quality Engineer /Manufacturing process
Solectron, Milpitas, CA.
Products and Services: A leading electronics manufacturing services (EMS) provider for delivering complete design, engineering and manufacturing services on OEM products like automotive, computing, consumer digital, industrial, infrastructure, medical, Hearing aids, pace maker, iv pump, ink and laser jet printer and mobile OEMs.
REFERENCES: Furnished upon request.
Similar ResumesSupplier Quality Engineer
- subaru, 70k, greer, 8d, supplier quality, 16949,...Project Manager / Engineer
- zuken, eletrical, ucm, pcb designer, powerplant,...I have 10 years of successful customer Engineering services experience
- handling experience, r12, mm, documentum, admin,...Contract Recruiter
Foster City, CA
- datawarehousing, 1yr, cto, oracle financials,...Supplier Quality Engineer
- six sigma green, sigma green, sqa, 8d,...
Mountain View, CA
- mountain, ca, view, us,...Thin film process engineer
- photolithography, pvd, process control,...Sales Manager Engineer Software Marketing Information Technology
- usb, finance accounting, sourcer, assemblers,...Procurement, Strategic Sourcing and Supply Chain Professional
- srm, biotech, medi, commodity, cement, sap,...supplier Quality engineer
Elk Grove Village, IL
- jyoti, asq, acc, forging, resins, foundry,...