Mohamed Kpaka, ****
Arklow Road, Charlotte NC ****
Cell Phone: 704/***-****
A Hard worker that has the ability to recognize and understand both design and manufacturing problems, seek out cost effective solutions and clearly communicate or implement ideas. My past employments and academic records indicates that, I have both the analytic ability and the integrity, to be an effective design, project or production engineer.
• Product development from specification or concept to functioning product
• Proposals, bid packages and submittals generation, project & contract management and documentation
• Capacity planning for manufacturing, Production and process control, machine processes & quality control
• CAD, FMEA, FEA, Statistical analysis, quality management and cost analysis
• Design validation for NSF, UL, NEC & CSA Standards & compliance, PID &schematic
• Drafting and detailing, ANSI Y14.5, GD&T tolerance analysis, AutoCad ,Inventor and Solidworks
BBSI Charlotte, NC 12/2009 --
• Convert manual drawings and 2D drawings into Autocad and, or 3D solid models for VT Leeboy
• Modified existing products to meet new specs, industrial standards and customer’s demands
• Re-designed Hydraulic systems to improve capacity and capability for off-road vehicles
Textron (Fluid Power Division ) Charlotte, NC 03/2008 – 09/2009
Design /Sales Engineer. Acquired customer’s specifications or needs, designed mostly rotational products to suit their needs. Installed products and trained their personnel on the functionality and maintenance of the product
• Tested hydraulic pumps and motors to generate pumps curves for various applications.
• Sized Vacuum pumps, gear pumps, and motors for various fluid power applications.
• Designed equipment arrangement, schematics, and support bases for pumps and motor units.
• Prepared Detailed fabrication drawing for various vendors.
• Analyzed the thermodynamics and the psychometrics of various pump applications and made recommendations.
• Ensured that installations of pump systems and piping are in accordance to ASME B16 and B31 standards
• Prepare quotes for various customers, answered technical questions and entered orders
Michelin Aircraft Tire Norwood , NC 09/2005-03/2008
Facility Mechanical Project Engineer, Was responsible for the justification and implementation of capital projects. Managed design projects and was the MMW(Michelin manufacturing way) leader for the facility
• Modified Existing tire building Machines to suit production, cost, space and safety needs
• Created detailed drawings of component parts for machining or fabrication by national & international vendors.
• Prepare proposals and bid Packages for international and national contractors and vendors.
• Managed contractors and outside vendors; performed capacity planning and plant layout
• Scheduled engineering & facility projects, ensured that cost, schedules & specifications requirements are met
• Commissioned new equipment. Developed and implemented tools, fixtures for tire production
• Managed design and drawing standards as required by MMW( Michelin Manufacturing Way) standards.
• Established baseline or stems from which all changes in production or process are monitored.
Brayton International High Point, NC 04/2004-08/2005
Special Project Engineer. I was responsible for research and development of new products. Also performed IE function that reduced cost, enhanced quality, improved productivity, made the company competitive.
• Performed capacity planning for the manufacturing and distribution of case goods.
• Prepared Project cost /benefit analysis & cash flow diagrams to justify new processes.
• Prepared & Scheduled time lines &monthly impact report on change & progress for managerial use.
• Evaluated and addressed supplier quality issues. Tested products to ensure that they meet industrial standards.
• Mapped production processes then generated methods for improvement using Six Sigma Methodologies.
• Developed an access Database to document and store production information.
• Re-designed plant layout and material handling systems to ease bottle neck , improve productivity and improve quality.
Decker Industries Lake Wylie, SC 11/2002– 03/2004
Project Manager (contract). Designed some aspect of bulk material handling conveyors, performed stress analysis on conveyor structures. Manage projects from concept to finish
• Prepared general arrangement drawing of bulk material handling equipment for the bi-products of power plants, mine and steel industries.
• Prepare proposals and bid Packages for contractors and vendors, Selected and managed vendors and contractors for most assigned projects.
• Reviewed and approved Engineering and QA documents. Trained and supervised technicians.
BF Goodrich Monroe, NC 04/1998– 05/2002
Mechanical Engineer/ QA manager Designed and developed fluid handling systems, later developed a quality control system that was used company wide
• Design and Develop component parts of Nozzles, Valves & pumps for general industrial use
• Generated BOM and worked with Purchasing department to acquire parts
• Redesigned the a Test stand and made capable of testing all aspects of quality and sizes of pumps
Quality Manager 02/2001-05/2002
• Prepared and documented quality control and ECN procedures for ISO certification
• Identified and established baseline or stems from which all changes in production or process are monitored.
• Provide metric for assessing and controlling risk and the subsequent cost-benefit analysis.
• Prepare and clearly presented monthly impact reports on process and projects for managerial use.
• Provided training for process end users, as needed clearly demonstrating the advantages and disadvantages of all the options. Use six sigma methodologies to perform various IE functions as needed by senior management
Star Linear Systems Charlotte, NC 02/1995-03/1998
Product Engineer. Liaison between design, production and customers. Offered technical support to ballscrew customers
• Designed and Drafted Ballscrew for various applications. Offered technical support to various customers Liaison between manufacturing and engineering. Prepared quotes for customers
Gaston College Gastonia, NC Spring , 1998-
• Instructed students in areas of SPC, AutoCAD & Project Management
MBA Business Management,: Due 2011; Pfeiffer University , Charlotte, NC
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1995; University of North Carolina At Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
• Design : Autocad 2009, Solid Works 2006, Inventor 2008, FEA, FMEA, ANSYS
• Administrative:: SAP, Oracle, MS office.
• Projects: MS project. Visio
HONOR & PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
• Former members of AISI and ASME
• Six Sigma Greenbelt certification