Financial Services Consultant - AML/BSA; Compliance; Risk Management;
|JOHN M. BOWLES
**** ******* **., ******, ** *****
803-***-**** - cell • firstname.lastname@example.org
Dynamic, personable regulatory and project leader with over 20 years diverse experience delivering superior performance with the FDIC and as a Project Leader employed as an independent financial services consultant. Trusted to carry out major initiatives, reliably managing multiple projects, organizational change, and key bank liquidation and receivership processes. Recognized as Subject Matter Expert [SME] in BSA/AML/CIP in compliance matters. Strong ability to interpret and apply laws and regulations in fluid, challenging environments. Communicates equally well with management and team members from diverse backgrounds and experience levels. Proven ability to lead large, cross-functional teams and working directly in the Division of Resolution and Receivership and RTC matters for FDIC. Available for domestic or international projects as needed.
FDIC Regulations • Bank/Financial Operations • Corporate Compliance • Bank Examinations
Asset Management & Liquidation • Strategic Planning • Corporate Governance • Due Diligence
Collections • Project Management • Problem Bank Management • New Business Development
BSA / AML / CIP Compliance • Risk Management • Forensic Investigations • Loan Sales •
Operational Analysis & Streamlining • Presentations • Mentoring • Team Building & Leadership Skill
BOWLES CONSULTING, Racine, Wisconsin • 2008 – Present
Lead Contract Investigator
Lead FDIC investigations review team in failed banks nationwide, until assignment completion. Review loan documents for fraudulent activity. Evaluate legal claims and litigation potential. Coordinate and draft post-closing reports. Assist Legal in preparing Bond and D&O insurance claims while directing assigned work activities of field staff.
MONROE COUNTY BANK, Forsyth, Georgia • 2008
Vice President – Risk Management
Assessed all operational, deposit, lending and IT risk. Assisted in the development of written risk policies for senior management. Drafted responses to audit exceptions, and regulatory examination findings. Involved in developing the bank’s continuity plan.
BOWLES CONSULTING, Yatesville, Georgia • 2005 - 2008
Launched successful financial services consultancy. Developed new client base. Led Monetary Instruments, OFAC and Due Diligence projects. Provided insider’s understanding of Federal, state and local financial services rules and regulations.
Wachovia Bank (2007)
• Spearheaded consolidation of corporate information streams into searchable database for $150B bank.
• Recruited and hired 12 employees, trained and managed a total of 17 people.
• Led resolution of 400 daily and 50,000+ backlogged financial information transactions.
JOHN M. BOWLES • Page 2 • email@example.com
First Tennessee Bank (2005 to 2006)
• Supported automation of OFAC and Enhanced Due Diligence [EDD] information collection project for $30B international bank.
• Delivered timely, accurate Bank Secrecy Act [BSA], Anti-Money Laundering [AML], Know Your Customer [KYC], and US Patriot Act advice to operations teams.
• Fostered User Acceptance tests, and information validation procedure development.
FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORPORATION, Washington D.C. • 1985 - 2005
Associate Examiner (1999 to 2005)
Performed scheduled bank examinations. Evaluated overall bank operations, including credit scores, financial statements, loan administration and risk management. Conducted credit analysis on consumer, commercial and real estate loans. Organized and conducted Safety and Soundness reviews. Conducted independent BSA examinations of FDIC banks in North Carolina and South Carolina .
• Served as Examiner-In-Charge in performing bank examinations. Timely, accurate reports had to be completed to meet scheduling requirements.
• Performed 10 independent examinations, including state and non-member banks, preparing and presenting findings to bank’s Board of Directors.
• Recognized as FDIC BSA, AML, and Customer Identification Program Subject Matter Expert.
• Conducted key BSA research cited in regional interoffice FDIC newsletter.
• Placed 2 banks under MOU for non-compliance of BSA Rules and Regulations.
Section Chief / Customer Service Manager (1997 to 1999)
Managed mortgage, automobile and other chattel collateral release requests from multiple failed banks and savings and loans in New England region. Supervised professional staff of eight.
• Significantly streamlined the collateral discharge process to adhere to Washington’s requirements for timely responses.
• Supervised a team of 5, reviewing completed work prior to mailing back to requestor.
• Honored with 5 separate Special Achievement Awards for exemplary productivity.
Supervisory Liquidation Specialist (1984 to 1997)
Promoted to Resolution Trust Corporation during the 1989 Savings and Loan crisis. Managed failed financial institutions and loan portfolio disposition throughout the Mid-West and Southwest. Liquidated consumer, commercial, oil and gas, and real estate loans. Negotiated full and partial loan settlements on problem credits. Served as “Managing Agent” for 2 failed financial institutions simultaneously. Drafted business plans for both institutions. Maintained institutional deposit base through Conservatorship phase to Receivership.
• Authorized to approve loans, settle debts for less than full payment, incur legal expenses, purchase and sell securities, and make pre-trial appearances for Savings & Loans.
• Progressed from a grade 5 to a grade 13 in three and a half years.
• Named Department Head of $5.5B FDIC internal review department.
• Reported directly to Managing Liquidator with written reports and summaries of findings.
• Assigned to Washington for 90 days to rewrite portions of Training Manuals.
• JOHN M. BOWLES • Page 3 • firstname.lastname@example.org
• Prepared OIG and GAO responses from audits of Franklin Consolidated Office.
• Supervised up to 100 people on bank closings.
• Interviewed and hired Internal Review staff, organized schedules, established areas to be reviewed, developed and implemented automated tracking tools and worked with IG, and GAO in answering questions concerning the site operations.
• Responsible for completing all of Management’s written responses to IG and GOA audits.
• Adjusted and completed, in a timely manner, all required reporting of RTC information to the Regional office in response to Upper Management or Congressional Inquiries.
• Acted as Managing Agent on two institutions simultaneously in Hutchinson, KS, bringing both through Conservatorship to Receivership successfully.
• Scheduled and participated in pre-trial settlement conference and successfully resolved the dispute without having to go to trial.
• Participated in multiple bank closing activities, as Liquidator-In-Charge and other assigned roles.
• Participated in loan evaluations for FDIC performing Mark-to-Market evaluation of a large Texas bank.
• Served successfully in a variety of FDIC functions and roles as assigned.
• Participated in other Federal Agency closing of 130 farm credit banks in the southeast United States.
* Additional professional experience available upon request. Duties and experience include prior Branch Management experience as an Officer/Manager Trainee in Arkansas in charge of developing new branch location and serving as Branch manager handling all functional aspects of branch banking, including sales, lending, customer development and knowledge of Federal and State regulatory compliance issues.
Bachelor of Science – Recreation & Parks / Business Administration
Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, Arkansas
(ROTC, Student Senate Vice President)
Omega’s Commercial Loans to Business and Financial Analysis programs
Management Excellence Program – Core Team Leader
EEO for Supervisors – Art of Negotiations
Multiple other training classes
Life Insurance License
Similar ResumesManager Assistant Medical Sales Quality Control
Delray Beach, FL - www, http, teacher, karen, manager assistant,...Shipping Receiving, Material Handler
Washington D.C., DC - attendants, architect, summer internship, gilbert,...RN/Manager/Director
Chicago, IL - puppet, r.n., nurse, dishwasher, artist,...Award Winning Manager
Vacaville, CA - sales, banking, manager, robert,...Professional Banking Executive
Chesapeake, WV - wv, loan, steven, steve, banking, affairs, officer,...Teacher
Los Angeles, CA - portland, esl, teacher, oregon, french, recreation,...Customer Service New York Experience High School
Brooklyn, NY - nyc, recruiters, brooklyn, girls, counselor,...Manager Assistant Java Engineering Technical Experience
Sachse, TX - waiter, johnny, java, adviser, game, elderly, c++,...Team Lead Sports
Orangeburg, SC - usc, cardiac, treating, butler, walker,...Customer Service Call Center Sales Construction
Garland, TX - description, call center, memphis, dallas,...