PRASHANT DUBEY*** ****** ***, *** #*
, Auburn, AL 36830 • Cell: 334- ***-****
Ambition to become a part of world class team of professionals, utilizing my Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering skills to develop cutting edge technology solutions to manufacture the best products in the market by working in a team with passion and sincerity.
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama, December 2011
Current G.P.A - 3.30/4.0
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal (M.P), INDIA, May 2007
Undergraduate G.P.A - 3.83/4.0
Packages: CATIA V5 R19, Pro-E (Wildfire) 4.0, AutoCAD 2002-2011, Solid works, MS office.
Programming: SAS 9.2, Mat lab, C & C++
Web Tools: PHP, HTML.
Hanil E Hwa Co.Ltd., La Grange, Georgia (March 2011- Present)
Product Development Engineer
• Worked on product development of automotive interior and exterior systems. More specifically, Door Trims, Front End Module, Radiator Grilles, Back Panel, Side Luggage, Front & Rear Bumpers and other injection molding parts supplied to KIA Motors, GA and Hyundai Motors, AL.
• Responsible for developing & maintaining Master Schedules for monitoring project progress with deadlines.
• Managing most of the development activities during the launch of new project in trial phases. like mold production , check fixture production , color matching process , assembly line set up , all tool & full tool conditions.
• Regular check for the design and modification of assembly and individual parts using Auto CAD, CATIA V5.
• Managing sub-suppliers, clients & customers. Responsible for checking and managing sub-suppliers development during each step of product development phase.
• Responsible for designing and modifying packaging designs. Developing packaging plan as per customer requirements.
• Developing annual business budget plan, KPI by targeting & achieving annual goals.
• Developing FMEA, PFMEA, DFMEA, control plan for launching new project before the SOP.
• Actively involved in weekly managers meetings, presentations held in the company.
• Developed innovative methods and procedure during manufacturing and assembly processes to minimize overall costs.
• Implementing engineering changes to control overall product development in terms of dimensional stability and assembly issues.
• Working experience on vehicle launch of KIA OPTIMA & currently working on Hyundai Santa Fe new version.
• Knowledge of automotive design/launch process. Including working knowledge of program management process.
• Ensuring the quality of product by total quality management system & reduction of issues up to 95% encountered during development stage.
• Responsible for Making APQP, ISIR, IPW, AAR, RMR.
• Developing new techniques and solutions for the issues on mold check fixtures, assembly of parts, color harmony during & after trial phase of development.
• Had experience of reworking & repairing thousands of automotive parts in case of urgent situations to fulfill customer's demand at time.
• Checking the quality of color on basis of Orange peel, Sparkle contents, Gloss etc. using BYK instruments & Visual perception technique (Color harmony Process).
Monnet Steel & Energy Limited, Raipur, India (July 2007- March 2008)
• Ensure the quality control at each level of steel making process by using total quality system for better shape of steel products under ISO-9001:2000 standards.
• From material selection of steel making the process parameter were controlled by checking all parameters starting from casting, reheating & rolling processes.
• Monitoring of heating/reheating parameters, cast identity maintenance at each level of steel making process.
• Using Non-destructive techniques including ultrasonic, visual inspections were carried to check the surface & internal quality of the products.
• Close dimensional tolerances of finished steel products were carried & chemical analysis of steel in liquid stage, hot metal & finished products.
• Worked on Hot rolling mills, Cold rolling mills, plate mills were high pressure & good tensile quality products were produced as per the ASME, ASTM Standards.
• Worked on various lathes machines, milling machines, drilling machines, shapers machines, turning machines, broaching machines of low, medium & large production capabilities. Used single point, multi cutting tools for some operations.
Auburn University, Auburn, AL, U.S (August 2008- March 2011)
Graduate Research Assistant
Research in Development of Automotive tires
• Prognostics & diagnostics of tire failure modes using pressure gauges, strain gauges, temperature sensors with data loggers & transmitters for wireless analysis of the system.
• Implementation of process, systems/equipments to improve reliability, safety, durability of tires & overall project management for proper analysis.
• Responsible for support & Development of the process & failure modes for the testing along with the research team.
• Assisted in collecting Data through data loggers and analyzing it using developing tools/software.
• Discussed data, process, and development of the projects during the weekly presentations with whole team.
Research in Development of non conjugated conducting polymers & grid cells
• Determining the electrical & optical properties of novel non-conjugated polymer like poly beta pinene, Trans poly isoprene, cis poly isoprene etc. with help of iodine doping.
• Worked as team leader for detail experimental preparations, Data sampling, results analysis using MATLAB, MS Office excel. This also includes working in lab for long time.
• Use of wave scanner , lasers (tsunami) , programmable electrometer , source meter, lock-in amplifiers, uniphase , bi-phase lasers.
• Analyzing the coefficient of absorption, refractive indices, and molecular structures of polymers to more effectively determine the conductive behavior of non conjugated polymers with or without doping.
Bhilai Steel Plant (S.A.I.L), Steel Authority of India Ltd., Bhilai, India (June 2005 – August 2005)
• Trainee in Steel Melting Shop of which had convertor shop & continuous castings shop of 4 slab, 1 bloom caster, and combi caster.
• Monitored the complete steel production system in blast furnace of approximately 1000-2400 Cu m capacities.
• Pragmatically analyzed the working of various rolling mills like merchant mill, rail & structural mill, bloom & billet mill, wire road mill, plate mill right from process initialization to process end for steel manufacturing of steel plates , high pressure vessels, ship building plates.
GRADUATE PROJECTS, UNITED STATES
Finite Element Analysis
• Developed software codes using Mat lab software that evaluate the element stiffness matrix for a nine node quadrilateral plane stress element.
• Element which includes sub categories of physical natural coordinates, shape functions, jacobian matrix , inverse Jacobian matrix, strain Displacement matrix.
Non destructive Evaluation
• In this project testing of electronic circuit boards were carried by Infrared thermography though a set of experiments.
• Thermal imaging of the electronic circuit boards was carried out under the application of artificial load for capturing the thermal images of the specimen during impact load. The images were captured using thermal imaging camera. The recording and processing of images was done through an image processing S/W connected to the infrared camera.
• Won SEC Cricket championship held at Fort Lauderdale, Florida in November 2010 representing Auburn University cricket club.
• Played National/ international level Prestigious American college cricket championship representing Auburn University Cricket Club at Fort Lauderdale, Florida in March 2010.
• Won State level cricket tournament at M.S.U, representing Auburn University Cricket Club in July 2009.
• Executive Member of Auburn University Cricket Club presently.