Crescent Place Tel: (416) ***-****
Toronto ON M4C 5L8 Cell: (647) ***-****
Juannita J Walters
A goal oriented Administrative Professional with extensive experience providing administrative support to senior managers, managing events and handling complex administrative responsibilities. An effective problem solver, I have demonstrated the ability to create strong working relationships and I have developed creative organizational skills while working consistently and accurately under pressure. A detail oriented team-player, my professionalism and calm manner, combined with my strong communication skills, make me an excellent candidate for any organization with a focus on efficiency and strong customer relations.
• Totally committed to ‘100% customer satisfaction’.
• Self-motivated and goal oriented.
• Highly focused, efficient and accurate.
• Able to meet difficult deadlines and easily adapt to rapidly changing situations.
• Methodical and professional attitude.
• Easily multi-tasks projects without losing focus.
• Highly developed administrative and problem-solving skills.
• Congenial personality. Positive disposition.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Performs equally well autonomously or within a team environment.
• Fully computer literate in most popular office, and financial software applications including: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel , Outlook, MS Access, MS Project, Visio, Lotus Notes, Corel Draw, Simply Accounting, Oracle, QuickBooks
• Event Coordination • Project Coordination • Professional / Discrete
• Building Relationships • Multi-tasking • Coordinating Presentations
• Organizing / Scheduling • Sense of Urgency • Bookkeeping / Expense Control
TD BANK FINANCIAL GROUP, Toronto ON
Administrative Assistant – BCM Group August 2010 – October 2011
• Managed four AVP’s calendar on a day to day basis by coordinating, and collaborating with various departments. Scheduling recurring weekly, monthly bi-annual, quarterly meetings.
• Successfully created the 2010 ON-Call Schedule for the BCM Group Risk Managers.
• Completed on-time, various projects for Operation Risk Department and BCM Group such as; assisting in the coordination of the Operational Risk Management Conference, BCAW Open House, various training sessions for Risk Management training US DG Counsel Meetings.
• Revised and updated administrative processes for 2010.
• Successfully coordinated lost key project for Operational Risk/BCM Group.
• Maintained Operational Risk Organization Charts.
• Coordinated ECT (Executive Crisis Team) New Member indoctrination.
• Reviewed, revised, re-stocked, maintained emergency paperwork/supplies, etc.
• Coordinated all Health & Safety issues for the Evacuation Wardens Team and the floor.
• Was coordinator and member of the TD Recognition Committee for Risk Management.
• Coordinated new employee indoctrination.
CONTRACT - AEROTEK / AEGON CANADA Inc., North York ON
Project Coordinator July 2010 – August 2010
• Assisted Project Manager by coordinating all project updates – gathering information and researching data via Sharepoint, inviting guest speakers, preparing pre-mails, etc .
OFFICE TEAM / AVIVA CANADA Inc., Toronto ON
Administrative Assistant/Project Coordinator to AVP Risk Management
April 2008 – April 2009
• Managed AVP’s calendar by coordinating, and collaborating with various departments.
• Independently organized 15-20 Risk Management Workshops for executive personnel.
• Synchronized on-time renewal of various corporate insurance policies for two cycles.
• Coordinated Risk Management Policy Project semi-annual updates.
• Handled sensitive and confidential matters relating to the daily activity of the department.
• Centralized corporate policy information by downloading/scanning documents to the shared drives and backed up all details with hard copies for the legal library.
• Completed on-time, various projects for the Corporate department such as; researching and recording corporate organization charts for the UK, USA, and Canada; researching and tracking down corporate and legal documents, and policy owner details for various company policies; researching info on committee ownership, members, ToR’s, etc.
ROGERS CABLE COMMUNICATIONS Inc., Toronto ON
Executive Assistant to VP, National Operations: (250 employees) 1999 – 2008
• Managed VP’s calendar, coordinating, and collaborating with Sr. VP’s and CEO administrators. This also included coordinating four Director and twenty Manger calendars for weekly, monthly, bi-annual meetings, workshops, integrated business plan meetings, coordinating agendas, presentations, materials and distribution to interested parties for same, etc.
• Profitably coordinated and combined the various departmental service award celebrations into a once a year event. These celebrations included celebratory DVD’s with interviews, photo shoots, etc. This event became so successful that the SVP of Engineering & Network Operations implemented the program across the four engineering departments. The following year the event was implemented across two additional sister companies. By combining these celebrations, I reduced costs to the company by 75%.
• Reduced administrative costs for the department (supplies, cell phone/ pager costs), etc. by 50%, by being part of a team effort, which led to further savings (total of 10%)
• Coordinated several BBQ’s, Golf Tournaments, picnics, various other employee celebrations. My success led to these responsibilities eventually becoming part of my job description.
• Assisted VP by coordinating performance appraisals/salary increases (Directors & Managers).
CONTRACT WORK, Toronto ON
IBM 1999 – 1999
BDO Financial 1998 – 1999
AJILON 1995 – 1998
TEPERMAN & Sons Inc., Toronto ON
Executive Assistant to the President 1991 – 1995
Education & Specialized Training:
ICS Diploma, Interior Decorating
SSFC (Sir Sanford Fleming College), Administrative Program
7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI)
References provided upon request