Experienced graduate for public relations position
firstname.lastname@example.org, (509) ***-****
Personal Web site: www.alyseclacy.com
Highlight of Qualifications:
•Media relations expertise, campaign development, and proficient in Associated Press style.
•Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with InDesign.
Western Washington University
•BA Journalism-Public Relations, Spring 2008
•Magna Cum Lade
Klipsun Magazine Editor Bellingham, WA
Story Editor Fall 2007
•Managed 21 writers, edited copy,and applied Associated Press style.
•Formulated story ideas and assisted in story selection and magazine layout.
The Spokane Symphony Spokane, WA
Public Relations Summer 2007
and Marketing Intern
•Copy writer for symphony’s Backstage newspaper that has circulation of 22,000, edited press releases and proposals, and developed donor relationships.
•Generated $100,000 in ad sales for season program book as part of a two-person team. Researched and implemented promotion strategies for group ticket sales.
•Developed tourism outreach program by forming partnerships with area hotels and restaurants. Designed tourism information page on Web site.
Shriners Hospital for Children Spokane, WA
Public Relations Intern Summer 2006
•Planned and directed hospital’s
involvement in the community outreach event known as Kid’s Day in the Park. Coordinated group of 15 volunteers for event.
•Coordinated and publicized employee education seminar for hospital staff.
•Wrote and distributed press releases for hospital fundraising events, wrote feature stories for the Web site and newsletter, and represented hospital in the community.
Northwest Ballet Theatre Bellingham,WA
Assistant Director, 2006-Present
Board Member, Teacher, Choreographer
•Advised public relations decisions on the Board of Directors.
•Conducted media relations, press release writing and distribution, media research, fundraising, and generated marketing strategies.
Public Relations Campaign Development:
Advanced Public Relations Course Fall 2007
•Led a five-person team to develop
awareness campaign for the Whatcom
•Worked in team to research new target audiences, develop goals, tactics, and evaluative methods, compile budget and timeline, and create campaign materials, such as press releases, brochures, and social networking tools.
Awards and Activities:
•Selected to present three pieces of work for WWU Scholar’s Week, Spring 2008
•Reporter for Klipsun Magazine and the Western Front, Spring and Winter 2006
•Recipient of the David McInnis/PR Web scholarship, 2006-2007
•Recipient of the Spokane Public Relations Council internship scholarship, Summer 2006
•Chosen speaker for scholarship recipients in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, 2007
•Featured student chosen to represent the journalism department in Western brochure, Winter 2008
•Recipient of the Journalism Department Tuition Waiver Scholarship, 2007-2008
Similar ResumesIT Manager, Project Manager., Coordination Manager, Business Analyst
- ebusiness, top secret, j2ee, qa tester, hoa, scrum,...Project Manager, IT Manager, Business Analyst, Coordinator
- ebusiness, j2ee, top secret, qa tester, hoa, scrum,...Senior Recruiter (contract positions only)
- sourcer, cerner, it recruiter, j2ee, dice,...Financial Analyst
- essbase, hyperion, jesus, careers, sap, writer,...James Hamlett
- bothell, cover letter, as9100, redmond,...Biologist
- oiler, biologist, tm, developer, ecology, phd,...Hospitality/Tourism Professional Seeking Rewarding Career Opportunity
- busser, aquatics, detailer, rv, tunnel, olive,...SQL SSRS Report Developer
- teradata, ssrs, reporting services, tsql, cubes,...Management Manager Medical Health Operations Emergency
- proposal writer, assistive, firefighter, ngo,...IT Manager / Director
- hl7, dicom, radiologist, epic, pacs, ris,...