To gain the position of Administrative Assistant/Receptionist.
• Ability to organize a collection according to patron needs
• Knowledge of basic computer applications
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with managing a small library
• Ability to self-start and work independently or in teams
Elementary School Volunteer Librarian 2011-current
PS 110 Florence Nightingale, New York, NY
• Operated and supervised the school library’s collection of over 17,000 materials.
• Instilled a love of reading, learning, and researching in all students.
• Assisted teachers in the selection of books and other instructional materials.
• Maintained a comprehensive and efficient system for cataloging all library
materials, and instructed teachers and students on use of the system.
• Introduced a new and creative program to reintroduce the students to the library after a long absence of a librarian. I modeled my program after the popular Harry Potter series. The students were able to gain "House Points" (named after the 4 houses of Hogwarts which is the school Harry Potter attends) by using the library properly, displaying knowledge on the organization of the library, and making book recommendations to their peers.
Summer Camp Counselor 2008-2011
• Improved, revised, and created lessons as well as activities that corresponded with the weekly theme of the camp.
• Personally assisted the manager with the running of the summer camp program.
• Prepared children for entrance into Kindergarten, providing them with the right social and learning skills.
• Proposed changes in daily routine to maximize efficiency and safety for the campers.
• Helped train new counselors in effective classroom management techniques.
• Won Counselor of the Summer award.
Master’s Degree in Library Science Fall 2011-current
Pratt Institute, New York, NY GPA:4.0
Bachelor’s Degree in English
Hardin-Simmons University, Abilene, TX GPA: 3.3 2007-2011
Principal, New York Public School 110- Florence Nightingale212-***-****