*** **** *****, ************, ** ****0
(612) *** **** • email@example.com
SUPERINTENDENT / ESTIMATOR / CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Solutions-focused, motivated professional with a comprehensive background in construction management, estimating and building inspection, with experience in both the private and public sectors. Successfully manages and completes multi-million dollar commercial and residential projects on-time and under budget, while working under pressure in deadline-driven environments. Highly versatile; quickly masters new roles, responsibilities and situations. Reputation for integrity, dedication and work ethic. Built career steadily while learning all facets of construction business from ground up.
- CORE COMPETENCIES -
Cross-Functional Team Leadership • Carpentry • Estimating • Field Management • Best Practices
Budgeting • Client & Vendor Relations • Strategic Planning • Conflict Resolution • Staff Development
Cost-Saving Strategies • Safety • Negotiations • Property Inspections • Problem Solving • Remodeling & Repair
- KEY PROJECTS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS -
• Directed the on-time, under-budget construction of the 130,000 SF, $10 million Coon Rapids City Center Municipal Building, Coon Rapids, MN, which won the Minnesota Concrete & Masonry Contractors Association Award of Excellence.
• Successfully completed numerous projects, including a $4 million, 2nd floor addition on City Hall, Anoka, MN within 180-day deadline, as well as the 35,000 SF K-12 school $10,000 million project, Faribault, MN.
• Performed site operations from award phase through project completion, including the remodeling of a 3 story office building in Indianapolis, IN, including a four-stop elevator.
• Traveled to a diverse range of government subsidized housing to assess storm damage and develop estimates to repair and/or replace damage for areas hit by Katrina, Rita and Ike in Texas and Louisiana.
• Diligently completed phase one commercial and pre-purchase residential property inspections.
- CAREER BACKGROUND -
MD STRUM DEVELOPMENT GROUP OF INDIANA, LLC - Indianapolis, IN (2007-2010)
Senior Construction Manager
MD STRUM HOUSING SERVICES - Indianapolis, IN (2005-2007)
Hurricane Recovery Inspector / Estimator / Consultant
CITY OF BROOKLYN CENTER, MN (1999-2006)
Municipal Building Inspector
LOVELACE CONSTRUCTION, LLC - Minneapolis, MN (1997-2007)
General Contractor / Commercial and Residential Inspector
E & V CONSTRUCTION MANAGERS - Golden Valley, MN (1995-1997)
Construction Site Manager
- KEY SKILL AREAS -
• Directed a broad spectrum of management activities, including spec build estimating, scheduling, jobsite budgets, budget allocation and final job completion.
• Integrated extensive market research and competitor analyses to stay abreast of current industry conditions and negotiate effectively with vendors, subcontractors and general contractors.
• Consistently improved operational efficiency by applying extensive technical skills toward delivering superior troubleshooting and problem resolutions.
• Inspected various jobsites to ensure projects were moving forward, workers were timely, materials were proper grade, and that staff strictly complied with health and safety regulations.
• Recruited, trained and supervised support team members in order to timely complete daily projects.
• Monitored individual staff to ensure strict adherence to internal policies and procedures, as well as federal and state rules and regulations.
• Actively liaised between subcontractors, clients, vendors and general contractors to track project progress and keep projects within budget.
• Motivated team to work together efficiently while mitigating conflict on issues regarding estimating, scheduling, jobsite budgets, complete buyout, final job completion and close-out documents.
Scheduling & Logistics
• Performed extensive research and analysis regarding client goals, objectives and overall requirements including applying for and obtaining City and State permits.
• Monitored project progress in anticipation of completion dates and allocated resources by establishing project priorities, timelines and deliverables.
• Created and executed project work plans and revised as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Facilitated team and client meetings and updated project team members on project changes and problem resolutions.
- PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION & TRAINING -
Certified HUD/FHA Fee Inspector
Project Management – Indiana Vocational Technical College
Building Inspection Technology - Inver Hills Community College
Architectural Design Technology - Indiana Vocational Technical College
Construction Engineering Technology - Chattanooga State Technical Community College
Member, International Code Council
30 Hour OSHA Training
CPR / First Aid Certified
Similar ResumesConstruction Manager Data Entry Insurance Accounting
- stafford, cynthia, timberline, bookkeeper,...Construction Estimator
- construction estimator, sheldon, estimator, humble,...Construction Project Manager/Estimator 20+ years experience
- sushi, estimator, malls, quality improvement,...CAD Designer
- sheldon, draftsman, houston tx, acad, cnc,...Construction Manager, Superintendent, Project Manager
- construction superintendent, architect,...Estimator/Project Manager
- anr, senior estimator, estimator, estimators,...Construction Project Engineer Design Engineering
Canada, Vancouver, BC
- structural designer, stadium, substation,...Data Professional
St Louis, MO
- louis mo, batching, installers, ctr, st louis,...Design/Development Program Manager ▪ Construction/Project Manager
- mep coordinator, waterproofing, mep, fp, glazing,...Multifamily Estimator / Project Manager
- spec, dallas tx, estimator, houston tx, conroe,...