• Ten years of accounting experience including five years of managerial-level experience.
• Experienced in the manufacturing, medical device, financial service, telecommunications and consumer good industries.
Teleflex Inc., Limerick, PA May 2010 – Present
Manager, Internal Audit
Teleflex is a global, diversified company distinguished by its significant presence in medical device technologies. Teleflex operates in 28 countries and generates revenues in excess of $2.4 billion.
• Completed process reviews of operational and financial processes and was responsible for planning, scoping, and independent completion of all phases of the project including documentation, control analysis and development of actionable recommendations with senior management.
• Responsible for SOX project management including scoping, work paper review, external auditor correspondence and overall progress monitoring. I reduced the required level of effort for SOX compliance by over 20% while maintaining the highest quality work output.
• Established and led the use of ACL by the audit team to perform data analysis for testing, FCPA compliance, and management oversight.
• Partnered with the Senior Director of Audit in establishing FCPA risk assessment and testing procedures for certain foreign subsidiaries.
• Assisted in the development of the annual internal audit plan, including determination of proposed audits, scope, and budgeted hours.
• Established time tracking template for use by internal audit to track scheduling and efficiency.
• Performed business ethics investigations for hotline submittals.
Protiviti Inc., Seoul, Korea November 2005 – December 2009
Manager – Internal Audit Services
Experienced servicing multi-national public companies in the manufacturing, financial service, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries. In this role I:
• Managed multiple projects simultaneously to ensure timely completion and top quality work product.
• Conducted operational audits with the focus of driving process and control improvements, achieving cost cutting measures and mitigating key risks.
• Lead numerous SOX compliance and internal audit engagements (including FCPA reviews) across a wide range of industries and company sizes.
• Experience with managing and performing IT Audits including system and security review, specializing in SAP.
• Performed in a supervisory role for four years and was selected as a formal career mentor by numerous staff and senior auditors.
Verizon Communications Inc., Philadelphia, PA August 2003 – October 2005
Specialist – Internal Audit
• Review moderately to very complex business processes in Corporate Finance, Domestic Telecom, and Human Resources
• Identify peripheral risks/key controls, and complete/evaluate process documentation as required by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the process to be audited, and use business knowledge, analytical skills and experience in identifying control strengths/weaknesses, and efficiencies
• Develop and present clear and concise written recommendations, and resolve issues with management
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP., Philadelphia, PA May 2000 – August 2003
Senior – Financial Audit Services
• Executed annual financial statement audits for regional, national and multi-national corporations primarily in the consumer products, services, and higher education industries for both public and non-public companies and not-for profit organizations.
• Evaluate and document internal controls, develop testing strategies, and suggest methods for improved controls for the following accounting systems: sales; accounts receivable/cash receipts; accounts payable/cash disbursements; inventory; and payroll.
• Supervise and coach staff on several engagements to facilitate timely completion, monitor job economics, and promote peer development.
• Actively involved in handling Teaming issues by participating in the Scheduling and budgeting
Fluent in writing and speaking in Korean
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA May 2000
Bachelor of Science Degree - Major: Accounting
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
United States - medical device, nurse, device, security guard,...
Medical Device Quality Control
United States - medical device, maharashtra, fda, tata, registered,...
Sales Representative Medical Device
United States - medical device, recruiters, device,...
Customer Service Medical Device
United States - medical device, responsibilities, room, device,...
Medical Device Mechanical
United States - medical device, device, assembler, sterile, room,...
United States - medical device, pharmacy technician, qa, device,...
Quality Assurance Medical Device
United States - medical device, management software, device,...