David P. McClain
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Career and Leadership Achievements:
Established a documented in house supply chain procedure that cut requirement failures. Trained outside vendors in the same procedure. Procedure was designed to pinpoint what caused a failure to allow quick corrective action.
Designed automated evaluation system. This system provided supervisors the ability to know which team members were the highest achievers and reduced paperwork in order to meet deadlines.
It took weeks to receive a reply from the F.B.I. when performing a criminal history check on perspective teachers. After researching “Live Scan” we instituted that type of fingerprinting which allowed a criminal history reply within 24 hours. This allowed the school system to immediately remove teachers from the classroom when it took weeks before.
Florida automated toll taking by implementing “SunPass” automatic toll system. I was the training manager for south Florida and my region was chosen as the first region to go “live” with SunPass. The technology was learned, training developed and given to personnel from toll takers, toll plaza supervisors, managers and accountants. The south Florida region was prepared when the conversion took place. There was not one failure in the conversion.
The police department I was a member of did not have anyone trained in commercial vehicle enforcement and inspection. If we had a commercial vehicle crash one had to call the State Police for assistance in inspecting the commercial vehicle. If the State Police was not available, one did without the commercial vehicle inspection in the crash investigation. I took it upon myself to receive the D.O.T. certifications necessary and train my peers. Obtaining these skills eliminated the need to rely upon another department’s availability when investigating/reconstructing commercial vehicle crashes.
2011-Present Polk State College Polk Co., FL
Adjunct Faculty – Corporate College (part time position)
• Adjunct faculty in the Supply Chain Management Institute.
2008-2011 Oakley Transport, Inc. Polk Co., FL
Quality Assurance Manager
• Maintain safety and training records for several hundred over the road and local drivers. Prepare and provide both new driver and in service training. This training is in various platforms; however, PowerPoint, video and on-line courses meet a majority of our instructional needs. I am the author and prepare most of the training platforms. Investigated various events involving drivers to determine responsibility and DOT mandates. Delved into the root cause on why drivers were seeking to separate themselves from the company. By analyzing their reasons using the “Five Why” technique I was often able to find a settlement for their grievance and save an employee. Work with our customers on any compliance issue. Maintain corporation security and C-TPAT certification. Am certified Food Defense Coordinator, HAACP Manager and trained in Food Plant GMP/Sanitation Manager. Also is liaison with Polk State College Supply Chain Institute for Oakley Transport.
2004-2008 Polk County School Board Polk Co., FL
• Provided addiction education for students who violate the code of conduct with mood altering substances, prior to being allowed back into a mainstream school. Worked with secondary school students providing the necessary training, skills and knowledge to make proper choices in the future. My primary duty was the day-to-day administrative work necessary to keep the school functioning. I was also our facilities network manager. I have also been the head coach for a high school athletic team.
2002-2004 Clerk of the Court Polk Co., FL
• Supervised approximately 35 Deputy Clerks by maintaining a work schedule, budgeting, evaluating and overseeing the duties of the various deputy clerks. The clerks are responsible for issuing arrest capiases, various court orders, liens and other orders issued by the Circuit Court. They also maintain the integrity of the system with the proper data entry into the various records management systems.
1999–2002 State of Florida S. Florida Region
Pretrial Assessment Officer & Training Manager
• I served the 16th Judicial Circuit assessing the bond status of arrestees and inmates. I work for three judges preparing both written and oral communications advising them as to one’s flight and safety risk to both themselves and the general public.
• Provided service to the upper and middle keys courts offices assisting in various personal computer related problems and prepare presentations for the staff.
• Managed training for the Department of Transportation in the S. Broward and Dade County regions. My transfer to the judiciary was at my request due to the location and my inherent job skills.
1992–1997 Henrico Co. Public Schools Richmond, VA
Teacher/Human Resources Technician
• Implemented, planned and taught a college level half-day course to high school juniors and seniors. If they received a B or above they also earned college credits in the Va. State College System.
• Second half of the day worked in Human Resources performing criminal history background investigations on perspective employees.
• Major accomplishment was coaching two students to win the Virginia State championship in the Vocational Industrial Clubs of America competition in the field of Law Enforcement (one student placed second nationally).
1980–1992 Accident Reconstruction & Richmond, VA
Cause Analysis Services
Accident Reconstruction Expert
• I conceived and operated this business as part-time employment while working as a police officer. During my 12 years in business I employed 4 part time employees and worked for clients throughout the east coast of the United States.
• Performed technical examinations on physical evidence left at the scene of traffic crashes and prepared oral and written communications to the various clients.
• Have testified as an expert in various local, state and federal courts. I also supervised the preparation and presentation of demonstrative evidence in various civil and criminal prosecutions.
1971–1989 Henrico County Division of Police Henrico, VA
• Served in various facets of a medium sized police department that serves a community of approximately 250,000.
• In communications worked as both a front end and radio operator. Our communications section was responsible for the dispatch of fire, rescue and police personnel. Worked with transition team as CAD communications was developed and implemented. Trained new personnel.
• Was street officer in uniform operations. Patrolled an assigned sector, answered calls for service, arrested violators conducted criminal investigations and any other duty that was called for (i.e. delivered babies). Also wrote the policy for police, fire and rescue personnel on response to high-risk situations and assisted in policy preparation for response to domestic violence situations as Virginia’s laws evolved.
• Assigned to police academy as Training Coordinator. Prepared curriculum, scheduled instructors, taught classes, prepared budget, etc. for both academy and in-service training.
• Served 9 years as a “traffic homicide” investigator”. I had a 100% conviction rate in my homicide cases. Also authored program for the Division on inspection of commercial vehicles.
• During my career was also lead instructor for Division’s Emergency Medical training, assigned to accreditation committee, prepared budget for special operations section and received numerous citations, commendations and Division’s highest award, the “Medal of Valor”.
2010 (September) Tropical Shipping, USA Riviera Beach, FL
• Completed the requirements for Transportation of Hazardous Materials DOT/IMDG Compliance
2010 (May) University of Florida Citrus Center Lake Alfred, FL
• Completed training HACCP for Juice Processors
2009 (November) AIB International Miami, FL
• Has completed the requirements and is certified a Food Defense Coordinator
2009 (June) U. S. Transportation Security Administration Tampa, FL
• Completion of the TSA’s Security Action Item Training
2009 (May) AIB International Nashville, TN
• Completed the requirements prescribed to be granted certification in Food Plant GMP/Sanitation Workshop
2009 (February) NSF International (Prometric, Inc.) Knoxville, TX
• Have met all training and testing requirements certifying as HAACP Manager
1985-1998 Virginia Commonwealth Richmond, VA
• Traffic Crash Investigation
1981-1985 Northwestern University Evanston, IL
• “Technical” Motor Vehicle Traffic Accident Investigation
• Traffic Crash Reconstruction
• Investigation of Motorcycle Crashes
1983-1987 University of North Florida Jacksonville, FL
• Traffic Crash Reconstruction
• North American Standard Driver Vehicle Inspection, was Federal DOT certified
• Inspection of Commercial Vehicles in Crashes
• Investigation of Commercial Vehicle Accidents
• Police Traffic Radar Instructor Training
1970’s – 80’s Various U. S. Department of Justice & Treasury Agencies and Law Enforcement Agencies in Virginia
• Organized Crime Investigation
• Investigation of Sex Crimes
• Interviews and Interrogations
• Hazardous Materials
• Search and Seizure
• Internal Investigation procedures
Certified as an instructor by the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services, The American Heart Association, American Red Cross, Henrico County Public Schools and Florida Department of Transportation.
Family activities, water sports and SCUBA diving (divemaster), golf, technology and photography.
Available upon request
Retired Police Officer / Program Manager
Lakewood Township, NJ - police, investigation, grad, commissioned,...
Law Enforcement Officer
Polk County, FL - enforcement, police, law enforcement, 1989,...
Philadelphia, PA - police, room, leadership, reports, meter,...
High School Security
FL - enforcement, 1989, officer, jacksonville, security,...
Customer Service Law Enforcement
Broomfield, CO - police, enforcement, law enforcement, instructor,...
Houston, TX - police, criminal, investigation, unit,...
Bethany, CT - police, traffic, officers, william, .net,...