ED NACHEL*** ******** *****, ********* ** *****
~ Senior-Level Applications Engineer / Product Manager eager to contribute extensive talents toward supporting a dynamic industrial controls company in optimizing bottom-line performance. ~
• Technically astute with considerable strengths in control system design, safety systems, power distribution, and remote I/O.
• Substantial experience in capital equipment application, sales and installation, field service, field applications (CNC/PLC), SCADA software, HMI technology, vision systems & RFID / Laser sensors.
• Significant manufacturing and distribution knowledge with proven success in a broad scope of markets spanning metal working, machine tools, robotics, food processing, and packaging.
• Outstanding critical thinking, research, problem solving and relationship-building skills.
• Excel in applying safety, PLC, and industrial control systems to a diverse customer base.
• Confident, poised and able to deliver presentations to upper management and large groups.
Darby & Associates, Tampa, FL, Present
Authorized Factory Representative
• Local factory representative for such product lines as Crouzet, IPS Switchgear (turnkey control panel and switchgear equipment), Joslyn Clark motor control, Sprecher & Schuh motor starters & relays, Vacon AC , HVAC, industrial and marine drives.
• Calling on such companies as Harris, Rockwell Collins, Northrup Grumman, etc.
• Successful in field applications, engineering and sales into major manufacturers and municipalities.
Wieland Electric, Chicago, IL, 2006 to late 2009
North American Safety Products Applications Engineer
Product Manager for Remote I/O, Safety & Distributed Power Systems
• Spearheaded applications services and marketing operations for safety and power distribution products throughout North America.
• Administered training and product knowledge for direct sales force, distributors, and customers.
• Provided service & applied product knowledge into such companies as Hartness International, ITW Hi Cone, Abbott Labs, Baxter Healthcare, GM, Ford, Chrysler, BMW, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Formax, TetraPak, etc.
SMC Corp, Aurora, IL, 2004 to 2006
Applications / Sales Representative
• Efficiently navigated the complete sales cycle to secure new accounts and expand revenues from existing accounts for pneumatic products.
• Leveraged solid application engineering expertise to provide customer education and support.
• Direct distributor management of Motion Industries branches.
E.A.N. & Associates, Woodstock, IL, 2001 to 2004
Project Engineer / Consulting Engineer / Director
• Cultivated, nurtured and maintained strong relationships with OEMs encompassing food products, packaging and pharmaceuticals by providing VAR turnkey systems and solutions.
• Planned, designed, installed and tested state-of-the-art safety, vision, & RFID systems.
• Facilitated in-depth customer training on all types of CNC / PLC and hybrid controllers.
• Resourcefully performed retrofitting of existing equipment to enhance functionality and exercised strong troubleshooting abilities to service all types of equipment.
Power/mation, Division, Inc. Wood Dale, IL 1996 to 2001
Advanced Product Specialist
• Exhibited proficiency in installing Euchner, Jacob & Banner safety interlock and anti-tie-down switches and relays, servicing GE products inclusive of PLCs, Cimplicity software, CNC, HMI and drives, and commissioning PLCs and drives.
• Authored and administered 200+ training classes, and actively supported 25 outside sales representatives.
Applications Director, MacGregor & Co., Glendale Heights, IL
Senior CNC / PLC Applications / Service, Allen Bradley, Westmont, IL
Senior CNC Applications / Service, Warner & Swasey and Mazak Machine
Senior Applications / PLC Engineer, Cutler Hammer, Des Plaines, IL
Communications: N-Tron, Netgear, Wago, Phoenix Contact, Mencom:, Ethernet switches, routers, media converters, bridges.
Machine Tools: Warner & Swasey, Mazak, Browne & Sharp, Hardinge, Pfauter, South Bend Lathe, etc.
Safety Products: Euchner, STI, Jacob, Banner, Pilz light curtains and safety switches, Wieland safety relays, modular safety & safety PLC.
PLCs / CNC / Drives: Siemens, Allen Bradley, Cutler Hammer, Fanuc, General Electric, Mazak, Mitsubishi, Idec, Omron, Westinghouse, etc.
Robotics: ABB, Fanuc, Adept, Panasonic, and Warner & Swasey
Controls / Software: Siemens, Allen Bradley, Cutler Hammer, Reliance, GE, Omron, Idec, Fanuc, Electrocam, Red Lion, DVT, Acuity, Synergetics, Cimplicity data acquisition and PCIM software.
HMI: Xycom, Nematron, T.C.P., A.F.E., G.E., Uticor, KEP, etc.
Sensors: PPT Vision, Balogh RFID sensor, Banner, Turck, Cutler Hammer, Omron, Micro Switch, Idec, G.E., Sentrol, Euchner, STI.
Motors / Controls: Hydraulic, Fractional Horse Power, DC brush & brush less, AC, variable adjustable speed (manual and computer), vector, linear actuators, etc.
Mechanical: Hydraulic transmissions, Pneumatic actuators & motion, Bayside, IDC, Marathon, various gear boxes and gear motors
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
B.S.E.E. Degree, University of IL through Navy NESEP program, A.S.E.T. DeVry Institute
Safety training, OSHA
Certified Fluid Power Specialist
Certified Communications Engineer
Class A & C schools Electronic Countermeasures, Radar, High Frequency, 6 Years U.S. Navy
Extensive industrial training: Allen Bradley, Siemens, G.E., Cutler Hammer, Mitsubishi, Idec, etc. controls, CNC and PLCs.
Senior Member, Instrument Society of America; Robotics International division of SME.
Attend all safety conferences conducted by OSHA, UL and CSA
Outstanding Public Service Award, Local School Board.