• Knowledge of basic draping, pattern-making, and sewing techniques.
• Awareness of fashion history and industry including brands, houses, designers, stylists, photographers, editors, and icons.
• Experience in forecasting fashion through styling, trend-spotting and collective research.
• Proficient in writing and editing features, blogs, biographies, and other fashion and art related topics
• Excellent communication skills through the exchange of ideas and opinions.
• Proficient in Mac photoshop, illustrator, and image-maker as well as word, excel, outlook, and powerpoint programs
Davis College - Toledo, OH: May 2008 - AAS Fashion Merchandising
Parsons New School for Design - New York, NY - Anticipated Graduation: May 2010
Degree: AAS Fashion Design – September 2008 – December 2008
Degree: AAS Fashion Marketing – January 2009 – Currently enrolled in online classes
Macys’s Inc - Visual Assistant - Septempber 2009 - Currently
1441 Metropolitan Ave. Bronx. NY
• Creating and building concepts, sets, displays, and window treatments according to standard to merchandising guidelines .
• Styling of mannequins including women’s, men’s and kids.
• Building image of private label brands by sourcing trends and bringing in new merchandising concepts
Amber Stolec - Stylist Assistant - March 2009 - Currently Assisting
253 Powers St.. Brooklyn, NY - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Organization and prep of shoot sets and presentation of wardrobe
• Assisting with photo-shoot reference research
• Communicating with PR agencies and showroom with pulls and returns
• Attended industry market appointments and press reviews
• Worked with photographers in producing editorial test to send to magazines
• Name is link to online portfolio
WGSN - Worth Global Style Network - Content Intern - May 2009 - August 2009
130 5th Ave. 7th Floor, New York, NY - Villisalva Petrova - email@example.com
• Trend research on designers, artist, musicians, entertainers and retail developments as well as emerging trends in society “Creative Intelligence”
• Searched the street and internet for emerging social signs that could effect the fashion industry.
• Assisted in building in depth trend reports on retail visual merchandising and street style evolution.
• Produced written features on shops, designers, artists, and other fashion, retail, and design related industries.
• Attended industry events that have specific point of views relating to design and fashion industries.
Built NY, Inc. - Wardrobe Stylist - April 2009
520 Broadway 4th Fl. - Deanna Spence - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Styled wardrobe for their fall 2009 look-book.
• Sorted and choose options for look-book.
• Prepped and dressed and mantained images of models on set.
Gilt Groupe - Styling Intern – October 2008 – March 2009
20th W. 40th St. 6th Fl New York, NY – Ruby Vizcarra – email@example.com
• Unpacking and packing as well as steaming and prepping of garments and accessories used for photo shoots.
• Assisting various art directors, photographers and, stylists in building looks and concepts for commercial and editorial styling.for 45 looks a day, most days.
• Worked with buying team in ensuring photographs used were consistent to the collection sold
• Researching Style.com daily to enhance styling of collections.
• Soft styled accessories and clothing for email campaigns.
• Planned and attended inspirational outings to bring in new concepts and styling ideas.
• Upkeep of styling library.
• Check the days images for imperfections before uploading onto hard drives.
• Created shot list as well as maintained inventory during photo shoots.
• Produced written features, biographies, and blog post that represent different designers and ideas on website.
• Created excel spreadsheets to document styling characteristics of successful and unsuccessful sales.
Equinox Gym Apparel Shops - District Visual Merchandiser – September 2008
897 Broadway, New York, NY - Brooke Carpin - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Monitored the formation of window and interior displays for ten apparel shops across Manhattan.
• Matched image of shop locale with the in-store merchandising concepts
• Insuring placement of product flowed with store traffic and trends of the season
• Providing feedback to Merchandise Manager pertaining to buying habits and seasonal stock
• Worked with sales staff in training of product knowledge and getting feedback on store atmosphere
Junior Interior Designer
East Meadow, NY - interior, furniture, fabric, designer, cynthia,...
Customer Service Design
West Babylon, NY - interior, art, design, drafting, heat, fashion,...
Great Neck, NY - window, jeffrey, event, dining, great, middle,...
Project Manager Design
Bronx, NY - interior, interior design, furniture, allen, lisa,...
Mt Vernon, NY - forms, commissioned, mainframe, companies, sales,...
Customer Service Sales
New York, NY - concept, interior, clothing, total, commerce,...
Daylor E. Thompson
Springville, UT - programmer, software, cobol, systems, system, dec,...