FARAHNAZ SAYANI(678) ***-****
Budgeting & Forecasting ~ Financial Reporting & Analysis ~ Financial Systems ~ Process Management ~ Project Management
• Proactive & solutions-focused with proven experience in budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting & analysis
• Detail-oriented with excellent communication & organization skills managing multiple projects with varying priorities
• Manage & influence others by providing coaching, motivation, professional development & growth plans
• Build rapport & relationships with key stakeholders in designing solutions to meet business needs
• Worked with Senior Management in prioritizing the work efforts that best aligns with organizational strategic goals
McKesson, ALPHARETTA, GA July 2011 – Present
Corporate Procurement (Contractor)
Provide financial support to the IT Corporate Procurement & Product Management teams.
• Perform vendor analysis, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis, demand & spend forecast, & cost/benefit analysis
• Gather business requirements with Stakeholders
• Facilitate and provide project management support to the RFX process
• Participate in the development of sourcing strategies and business cases
• Drive process improvements to existing processes of data management & analysis to improve sourcing efficiency
• Conduct internal customer satisfaction, vendor performance surveys and vendor score-carding process
MARKETSOURCE LLC, ALPHARETTA, GA Nov 2005 – May 2010
Finance Project Manager/ Business Process Owner – Back Office, 2007 – 2010
Lead corporate wide projects, working with the VP of Sales & Operations and CFO, in establishing operational rhythm of key repeatable business strategic projects. Work in an environment where business processes were either ad-hoc or non-existent and buy-in were difficult to achieve.
• Lead & collaborate with the Finance Operations Team, Sales and Business Units to develop & report on the business strategy, 3 year strategic plan, annual budget process & the rolling forecast
Create templates, analytical tools, communication plan & reports
Drive continuous improvement to reflect feedback from the business partners
Hands on approach in consolidating & reporting of the business strategy as well as budget at the company level as well as at BU level by type of growth, by verticals & by market segment
Analyze the strategic plan & budgets through financial analysis: scenario, profitability, NPV and other analysis
• Analyze market, economic & competitive information along with the growth targets from the parent company (Allegis Group) to plan customer strategies and evaluate new business opportunities.
• Use process mapping & analytical tools (Visio & AllFusion Process Modeler) to understand and streamline back office processes as part of back office redesign. This also entails re-implementation of PeopleSoft modules: Project Costing & Contracts, GL, AP, AR, Payroll, & HR and integration with other business applications, like in-house time collection tool, and implementation of web-based applications: expense & recruiting tools (Concur & Silk Road).
• Manage the organization wide Prioritization Process & Program Management activities that involve processes that collects, prioritize resource, track, communicate and implement MarketSource strategic projects & initiatives
Maintain and track company scorecard for KPI’s as well as execution & performance of key projects
Partner with Project Sponsors to prepare business cases and evaluate projects & initiatives that enter the demand funnel for alignment with organization strategic goals and to identify resources for the approved initiatives
Support VP of Sales & Operations facilitate the prioritization process with the executive team and document final decisions on the projects/ initiatives to be implemented
Conduct meetings with primary stakeholders to discuss possible solutions, to promote buy-in and to ensure visibility around Project/ Initiative portfolio and portfolio lifecycle.
Manage the overall change management process to ensure initiative scope is tightly adhered to and that the alignment & coordination exists between interdependent projects
Finance Manager / Sr. Financial Analyst, 2005 – 2007
Provided Financial Support for the sales outsourcing program - supporting Program Directors & Segment VP’s - encompassing about 65% of company’s revenue and 18 sales outsourcing programs worth $65 million. Finance department had the need of improving accuracy of their P&L statements and building trust & confidence with their business partners.
• Served as a business partner to Segment VP’s by identifying risks & opportunities within the programs in their respective segments and by defining, analyzing and communicating key cost drivers.
• Provided timely & accurate P&L support & management: focused on budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis, contract review and analysis, pricing & AR management to client and front office stakeholders.
• Provide leadership in developing Executive Summary Reports which entailed development of metrics and reports, quantitative views, and analyses. Created and implemented reporting process that enabled executives to view various cuts of the reports at the company & the Business Unit level.
• Collaborated with accounting function to create tools & templates to ensure smooth close process with minimal errors in the accounting entries. Extensive use of PeopleSoft Applications: GL, AP, AR, Payroll & HR Modules
• Created & delivered presentations to senior management on financial performance, trend analysis & projections
CARDINAL HEALTH, CHICAGO, IL 2004 - 2005
Sr. Financial Operations Analyst, 2004 – 2005
Lead a team of three individuals in a dynamic environment with changing priorities. Refine business processes for managing projects with IT & business units. Extensive hands on learning of the financial systems: Business Objects, SAP & Hyperion.
• Analyzed and interpreted complex business issues and systems capabilities (e.g., functional and technical requirements, business processes) by conducting information-gathering sessions with business stakeholders
• Business liaison with IT involving prioritizing & managing status on all the open IT related projects
• Applied principles and techniques of systems implementation, including conversion, data reconciliation, user training, and documentation, of new version of SAP & business objects to end-users
• Developed & Maintained Business Case Analysis & product evaluation to support purchasing decisions
BAXTER INTERNATIONAL, INC., CHICAGO, IL 2000 – 2003
Finance Consultant, 2003
Information Management Center (IMC) had a need to understand how to organize & communicate business intelligence on the competitors to & from the various stakeholders in the business.
• Managed the Competitive Assessment Process,
• Created the assessment document from Knowledge Management perspective
• Interviewed stakeholders across all business units & regions at all management levels
• Summarized & analyzed responses along with the recommendations for changes in the business practices
Sr. Financial Analyst – Corporate Strategy & Business Development, 2000 – 2002
Worked with the VP of strategy & business development to refine & manage the strategic planning process. Applied analytical & project management skills for cross-functional interaction, communication & creation of processes, tools & templates to support the process across 5 business units and their respective Strategic Business Units.
• Created Presentation on Baxter’s strategic plan for the executive team which included Portfolio View Analysis of Baxter’s key projects as well as business strategy
• Performed analysis of Baxter’s top projects: ratio analysis, trend analysis, financial gap analysis, budget and variance analysis, competitive assessment, product pipeline assessment, pipeline productivity assessment and risk return analysis
• Managed the reporting on the KPI’s and balance score card
• Researched and generated quarterly reports on venture capital activities, market trends and competitor landscape
• Lead the assessment of Baxter’s Competitive Management capabilities
SHELL ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC, Karachi Pakistan 1996 – 2000
Capital Budgeting Accountant (Shell Pakistan LTD), 1999 – 2000
Marketing & Business Development did not perceive Finance as their business partner and had disagreements over the accuracy of management reports. Established effective relationships with the key stakeholders and worked diligently in building their trust to ensure positive outcomes. Lead a team of 2 individuals.
• Managed the preparation & presentation of company’s annual capital budget (Rs. 1 billion/ $16.6 mil.)
• Performed financial review & approval of capital expenditure proposals ensuring conformity with approved budgets
• Used Management Information Reports on capital expenditure & capital work in progress using JD Edwards
• Maintained the integrity of Fixed Assets Register by ensuring compliance to GAAP
Head of Cash & Banking (Shell Pakistan LTD), 1996 – 1999
Lead a team of 11 individuals in a business environment where the business controls for cash management & accounting related activities were rated poor by the internal audit with insufficient tools to manage company’s daily cash position effectively.
• Developed and operated cost effective bank relationships to ensure smooth day-to-day fund management, prompt payments, smooth collections and better rates & reports for bank service: borrowing & savings rates and bank charges
• Created a cross functional forum with marketing & operation functions to produce meaningful periodic cash forecast
• Worked with business process automation teams to implement AP Module of JD Edwards & Electronic Banking System
• Improved overall rating of cash office’s business control from poor to fair by creating tools and business processes & by increasing team accountability to support business process changes
The Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Graduated with Bachelor of Science in Economics, May 1995
Concentration in Finance and Strategic Management