***** ******* **** ********** ** *0004
Home: (770) ***-**** | Cell: (404) ***-****
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am responding to your advertisement for a position with your company; please find enclosed my resume showing my experience, education, and background.
The qualifications and professional knowledge I can bring to your organization include:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for detail
• Extremely productive in a high volume, high stress, environment
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Self disciplined/starter with a can do attitude
• Exceptional telephone personality and interpersonal skills
• Adaptable to change in fast pace situations
• Highly organized and detailed oriented
In review of you company’s job descriptions and qualifications, I believe that my experience is in perfect line with your current needs. If your company is looking for a dependable, results-oriented professional with a solid performance track, I would be more than interested in speaking with you to discuss the value that my strengths and experience can bring to your team. I can be reached at the above telephone numbers or email address and I look forward to hearing from you.
13939 Sunfish Bend • Alpharetta, Georgia 30004 • email@example.com • 770.***.****
• More than six years of successful experience in customer service and support with recognized strengths in account maintenance, trouble shooting, sales staff support, and planning/implementing proactive procedures and systems to avoid problems.
• Ability to train, motivate, and supervise customer service employees.
• Talent for identifying customer needs and presenting appropriate company product and service offerings.
• Expertise in resolving escalated customer service issues.
• Secured numerous company achievement awards for delivery of exceptional customer service.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office System (including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Outlook), SAP experience and knowledge.
M.B.A, in Accounting/Finance (12/08) • NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY – Fort Lauderdale, FL
M.Ed., in Special Education (2002) • WILLIAM CAREY COLLEGE – Hattiesburg, MS
B.S., in Elementary Education (1996) • UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MS. – Hattiesburg, MS
Fulton County Schools – Atlanta, Georgia 2003-2008
Special Education Teacher (Mild/Moderate Disabilities, Primary Unit).
Responsibilities of the above position included instruction of mildly intellectual disabled students in a special education class with integration and moderately intellectual disabled students in a self-contained class. Assessed and evaluated the individual needs of students with learning, mental, and behavior disabilities. Designed and utilized Individual Educational Plan goals and objectives. Organized and implemented lessons in the four curricular domains with the main emphasis on concept development, language, communication, motor, and self-help skills. Worked with a special education team consisting of consultant, physical therapist, occupational therapist, and speech therapist.
Page 2 of 2
Professional Experience Continued
Kohl’s Department Store 3/2007-12/2007
Job responsibilities included assisting customers with cash transactions, answering and transferring calls to proper departments, posting payments to customer’s accounts, authorizing bank checks and voiding transactions within company guidelines. Other duties included Making change and performing cash pick-ups from registers, balancing all cash registers, filling and maintaining on-hand supplies of receipts, bags, applications brochures, etc. Opened and closed registers and recorded appropriate information on balance sheets to prevent cash losses, and notified management of supply needs.
Millcreek Schools– Magee, Mississippi 2002-2003
Special Education Teacher
Residential placement center for emotionally disturbed students ages 6 to 18. Responsibilities included teaching all curricular areas, interfacing with outside referral agencies on behalf of students, coordinating the instructional programs, developing appropriate Individual Educational Plans, and designing and monitoring specialized behavior management programs. Assisted psychologist in assessment of students with behavioral or emotional problems, and attended weekly staff meetings.
Puckett Laboratory– Hattiesburg, Mississippi 1997 to 2003
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Billing Specialist (1999-2003)
As a billing specialist I was responsible for processing bills to patients and third party reimbursement claims, maintaining supporting documentation files and current patient addresses, processing patient statements, keying data, posting transactions, and verifying accuracy of input to reports generated, My duties also included me researching and responding by telephone and in writing to patient inquiries regarding billing issues and problems, following up on submitted claims, monitoring unpaid claims, and initiating tracers. I resubmitted claims as necessary, received and receipted cash items and third party reimbursements, posted and reconciled payments to patient ledgers, and balanced daily batches and reports, and performed a variety of general clerical duties, including telephone reception, mail distribution, and other routine functions. Lastly I assist in preparing documentation and responses for legal inquiries, litigation, and court appearances, and ensured strict confidentiality of financial records
Customer Service Representative (1997-1999)
Using a computerized system, I responded to telephone inquires and complaints using standard scripts and procedures, gathered information researched/resolved inquiries and logged customer calls, communicated appropriate options for resolution in a timely manner, informed customers about services available and assessed their needs, and performed other related duties and assignments as required and as assigned. Prepared weekly reports for Customer Care Supervisor and received Customer Service Award for outstanding track record of positive customer feedback.
Page 3 of 3
Professional Experience Continued
Elementary Education Teacher – Hattiesburg, Mississippi 1996 to 2003
Designed curricular materials that reflected student-centered approaches, with many hands-on activities, incorporated cross-curricular components into lessons and units. Implemented positive classroom management strategies, motivated students through an active learning environment, participated actively in team instructional and co-curricular planning, and communicated and collaboratively worked with parents.
Magnolia Federal Bank– Hattiesburg, Mississippi 1992 to 1996
Worked with customers on a daily basis, meeting their banking needs and either answering or referring their financial questions to the appropriate supervisory individuals. Accepted and
processed customer deposits and loan payments. Maintained and balanced a cash drawer daily. Secured the financial institution nightly Responded to customer inquiries regarding account balances. Used 10 key to process monetary transactions.
References Available Upon Request
Similar ResumesCertified Nursing Assistant
- bulacan, neonatal, nurse, cna, tagalog, ambulance,...Business Analyst, Project manager
- data integration, sql database, teradata, ssis,...Sales High School Director Security Services Customer
- brooklyn ny, independent sales, salesperson, largo,...Customer Service
- yrs, mobility, agent, miami, hr, nc, spanish,...Occupational Therapist
- occupational therapist, therapist, doc,...shaka
- inspector, buyer, measuring, 9001, clothing,...Skills: Production,customer service,carpentry,safety practices
- fannie, freddie, ingredient, hayes, dialer, reo,...Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager
- sigma green belt, asq, six sigma green, green belt,...Past College Interest in Business Management: A Business Person
- marvin, beef, janitor, mcdonald, property manager,...Manager Customer Service Case Business Management
Fountain Valley, CA
- rachel, case manager, costa, deborah, adams, yr,...