*** ***** *****, ***** ****, Ontario, M2J 2W9
Tel: (416)***-****, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; http://ca.linkedin.com/in/austinamitchell
HIGHLIGHT OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Bachelor in Polymer Engineering with honours
• 4 years of experience in tire and rubber industry, process improvement and trouble shooting
• Knowledge of using P& IDs , PFDs and standard codes such as ASME, API, ASTM and ISO
• Over 3 years of experience in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) with extensive experience in Newtonian fluids
• Over one year of experience in AUTOCAD, SOLIDWORKS and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of the model
• Skilled at working in a team or independent based environment, works well under pressure with a positive attitude
• Eligible for Professional Engineers of Ontario membership (application in progress)
Project Engineer, Ryerson University, Toronto 2012-Present
• Design modification of an organic matter digester
• Design modification of the pulper machine
• Design of an augur system to elevate pulp to the bioreactor
• Design of a pulp spreader
• Design of a moving arm
• Act of liaison between Ryerson University and CSR plus Industries
Project Engineer, Consultant, Toronto 2010-2012
• Feasibility study of tire recycling in Ontario
• Reduced capital investment by 50%
• Researched and reported all applicable government subsidy programs
• Provided an estimation for equipment delivery and setup cost
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Expert, University of Toronto, Toronto 2009-2010
• Increased understanding control and stability of CANDU Moderator Test Facility heat transfer by modeling and simulation using CFD software such as AUTOCAD,GAMBIT, FLUENT and TECPLOT
• Conducted a volumetric heat source method in order to apply the resulting data to CANDU
• Collaborated with the process engineers in order to validate the developed model
Polymer Engineer, Quality Assurance - Investigations and Audits, Barz Tires, Tehran 2001-2005
• Developed and initiated a company return policy that resulted in a 5% increase in market share
• Improved post production quality control, especially in the area of tire defects and/or blowouts causing accidents
• Implemented audit program of corporate clients with respect to tire defect analysis and response
• Introduced reporting system of the daily tire claims to the factory resulting in better monitoring and quality control
• Liaised with external auto manufacturing clients ensuring a clear understanding of required technical improvements
• Completed truck/bus radial tire training at Continental’s training center, Hanover, Germany
• Proficient in numerical and CFD Analysis and modeling - commercial software namely FLUENT and COMSOL
• Experienced in computer programming - C++ and MATLAB
• Experienced in computer aided programs such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks
• Expert in Microsoft Office suite 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access, Adobe Acrobat Professional and operating systems like Windows and Linux
Master of Applied Science in Chemical Engineering, Ryerson University, Toronto, ON 2009
Cumulative GPA: 3.5
• Relevant Courses included: Computational Fluid Dynamics, Modeling and Simulation of Chemical Processes, Heat Transfer, Transport Phenomena, Rheology, Reaction Kinetics and Catalytic Reactions, Advanced Numerical Methods and Finite Element Analysis FEA, Design of Experiment and Model Validation, and Water & Waste Water Treatment.
• Conducted numerical and experimental studies on the transport phenomena on solid-liquid mixing in mixing tanks.
• Completed a case study on non-Newtonian fluids with yield stress such as xanthan gum
Master of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Mazandaran, Babol, Mazandaran 2000
Cumulative GPA: 3.9
• Relevant Courses included: Advanced Heat Transfer, Advanced Numerical Math in Engineering, Advanced Reactor Design, Liquid-liquid Extraction, and Transport Phenomena
• Master`s thesis: Developed a model and the procedure for a special small tank rubber lining
Bachelor of Polymer Engineering and Design, Petroleum University of Technology, Abadan, Khuzestan 1997
Cumulative GPA: 3.5
• Relevant Courses included: fundamental courses of chemical engineering as well as Polymer Chemistry, Plastic and Rubber Processing, Polymer Material Properties, Rheology of Polymers including viscoelastic polymers
• Study of Solid-Liquid Mixing in Agitated Tanks through Computational Fluid Dynamics Modeling Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2010, Volume 49, Page 4426-4435
• Study of Solid-Liquid Mixing in Agitated Tanks through Electrical Resistance Tomography Chemical Engineering Science 2010, Volume 65, Page 1374-1384
• Computational Fluid Dynamics Modeling of Solid-liquid Mixing in a Stirred Tank, 58th Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference, October 2008
• Study the Rheological Behavior of the Mixture of NR and SBR Latices, 6th Iranian Chemical Engineering Conference, May 2001
• The effect of accelerators and sulfur content of compounds on the mechanical properties of the films made of NR/SBR latex mixture, 6th Iranian Chemical Engineering Conference, May 2001
Awards and affiliation:
• Ryerson Graduate Award, RGA,RGS 2006-2008
• Ryerson Best Graduate Assistant Award 2007
• Member of Canadian Society for Chemical Engineers (CSChE) 2008-2012
• Member of American Chemical Society (ACS) 2 2008-2012
References available upon request
General Manager Engineering
Canada, Toronto, ON - coating, welder, chemical engineering,...
Canada, Toronto, ON - polymer, textile, sem, extrusion, pulp,...
Canada, Toronto, ON - diesel, summer, result, chemical engineering, oil,...
Canada, Toronto, ON - chemical engineering, chemical, api, stevens,...
Canada, Toronto, ON - mandarin, montreal, accounting,...
R&D Process Engineer
Canada, Toronto, ON - fiber, process engineer, polymer, engineer, steven,...
Canada, Toronto, ON - cover letter, reactor, chemical, pharmaceutical,...