Career Blazers Learning Center Melville, New York
Help Desk Support Professional Program 1998
Pratt Institute Brooklyn, New York
BFA, Fine Art Photography/Minor: Photochemical Analysis 1976 –1981
Currently I have been working numerous short-term contracts for various agencies in the New York City area. In the last year, I have worked 13 such contracts that range from simple roll-outs to POS installations.
June 2010-August 2010
While working at New York Life, I was tasked with providing general Helpdesk duties for the thousands of nation-wide agents. This includes virus removal, configuration issues, and connectivity problems, configuration of Blackberry devices for receipt of email, software installations/upgrades and registry corrections. All assistance was accomplished either over the telephone or by using Go-To-Assistance peer-to-peer connections. Meticulous documentation was maintained using Remedy ticketing software. All inter-office communication was accomplished using Lotus Notes. Also performed wipe and Enterprise activations on Blackberry devices.
August 2009 –October 2009
At Fordham University, using Lotus and the Magic ticketing system I provided telephone support for logon issues, OS problems, email account resets and certain proprietary software updates. I was tasked with helping callers obtain necessary software to access the Universities’ wireless network as well as helping the users to clean their systems of spyware/malware.
April 2008 –July 2008
Acting as temporary Help Desk support at Winthrop University Hospital in which I perform printer repairs on Lexmark T642’s, Hp thin clients support and imaging on new computers (using Altiris deployment software) as well as installations and de-installations. I also perform inventory maintenance of various computer stores.
November 2007 –June 2009
In this position I have been deployed as temporary Help Desk support for Continuum Health Partners at both Beth Israel and Roosevelt Hospitals. When working for Continuum, I perform computer hardware inventories as well as unit-wide software deployments. I was often required to interface with dozens of medical personnel on a face to face basis. Many of the projects I have done for Continuum have had direct on the hospital’s ability to service their patients.
March 2007 –Present
Currently working temporary short-term jobs for Smartsource-inc.com that require either new installation, a de-installation and/or a re-installation. I have also been asked to upgrade hardware on various Dell configurations to allow multiple monitor support.
October 2006 –March 2007
At Pfizer Inc., I assisted end users with connectivity issues; configured DSL and cable routers using Telnet. I also maintained customer and cable routers using the BBSS tracking system. I was often required to call Internet Service Providers to modify or modify or create accounts for the end users. I provisioned new accounts with various nationwide providers. I also advised end users in ways to rid their systems of viruses, adware and malware.
September 2003 –October 2005
Level 3 Desktop Support Technician
Time Warner Cable I was responsible for assisting subscribers with configuration of personal computers for Broadband internet connections via telephone conversations via telephone conversations. Configured firewalls, TCP protocols, reset passwords, created email accounts. I also performed diagnostics on Bandwidth. I Served as Escalation technician for persistent subscribers’ problems. I was also tasked with dispatching technicians to the end-users locations when physical repairs were required.
May 2001 –August 2002
At New York Institute of Technologies, I maintained and repaired various networked and stand alone computer systems. Installed and configured new software and updates. I assisted students in configured new software and updates. I assisted students in configuring their personal computers to function on the campus’s T1 network. Also maintained and repaired various audio/visual systems. I also provided photographic services and graphical support.
Hue Vision Corporation 1987-1997
Operated and maintained Blazer and Metalux micro-thin film vacuum coating machines. Oversaw Quality Control of produced coatings. Was responsible for the maintenance and upgrades of seven stand-alone computer workstations.
1981 – 1987
In the United States Navy I achieved the rank of Photographer’s Mate 2nd Class. Developed and employed skills in Photographic Chemical Analysis and Quality Assurance. I served as a member of a SAR (Search and Rescue) team. Was Production Petty Officer for the Photographic Division Aboard the USS Kitty Hawk. I also served as the Public Affairs photographer for the NYC Command based at the Brooklyn Navy Yard. I was also responsible for maintaining division records on the Intel 8086 computers.
• Installed and configured IDE and SCSI hard drives, SATA drives and USB components
• Installed memory modules and Peripheral components
• Completely assembled and disassembled 8076, 286, 386, 486, Pentium 1-4 and AMD Dual Core Systems
• Extensive work trouble-shooting Lexmark T624 printer
• Proficient in setting up both wired as well as wire-less routers
• Installed and upgraded operating systems DOS 3 through Windows XP and Windows 7.
• Used Telnet to reconfigure programmable routers
• Installed and removed applications of all types including antivirus and spyware
• Troubleshooting applications of all types
• Computer Proficiencies in: Microsoft Office (97’,2000, XP), Photoshop (3.5, 5.0, 6.0), PageMaker 6, Internet Explorer (3-Present), Netscape Navigator (2.0-Present), Track-It!, WordPerfect 8, Quark Express 4.0, Remedy, Magic, ACSR, Altiris, Acronis True Image, VMware, Office 2007 and 2010.
• Operating Environments in: DOS 4-6.22, Windows 95/98, PCDOS 7, Windows NT4, Windows 3.1, Windows ME, Mac OS8-10, Windows 2000/XP & Vista, as well as Windows 7.
• A + Certification; MCP
Similar ResumesCustomer Service
- everett, cash handling, cypress, urdu, graphic,...IT Analyst/Engineer
- altiris, frameworks, vmware, rainbow, tracer,...IT Manager/ Network Engineer/ System Administrator
New York, NY
- microstrategy, juniper, netbackup, bit, sas,...PhD, Research Scientist, biochemist, expertise in protein purification
- biochemist, research scientist, melanie,...Network Engineer/ NEtwork Administrator
Staten Island, NY
- microstrategy, juniper, netbackup, bit, sas,...Java Developer /Software Engineer
- fatwire, android, hibernate, jsf, jquery, ocp,...Sr. Java J2EE Developer/Architect
- facade, atg, homepage, fresher, aig, android,...Sr. Desktop Support
- firmware, vmware, smtp, citrix, helpdesk, techs,...Administrative Assistant
- shopper, aba, cpc, environmental compliance,...Sales Customer Service Manager Management Business
Las Vegas, NV
- salesperson, jewelry, henderson, ruth, boutique,...