• Solid background in data analysis and modeling
• Significant skill and experience manipulating large datasets with SAS, SAS/SQL, SAS/Macro
• Strong analytic ability with attention to quality of data and correctness of reports
• Proficient oral & written communication skills
• Self-motivated, result-oriented and desire for constant learning
• Strong commitment to teamwork and quality
Master in Statistics expected 03/2012
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Ph.D. in Biological Science 07/ 2001
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Bachelor of Science in Automation 07/1995
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
• SAS Certified Advance Programmer for SAS 9 09/30/2010
• SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9 09/21/2010
• Proficient in SAS base, SAS Macro, SAS/SQL, ODS
• Proficient in R, Excel including Pivot table
• Working knowledge: Microsoft Office, Illustrator
• Familiar with Mac OSX system, Linux shell scripts, HTML, Perl
Research Assistant 05/2010~present
NORC(National Opinion Research Center) at University of Chicago (http://www.norc.org)
Project: National Immunization Survey-Teen (NIS-Teen) 2009 annual data delivery
• Manipulate and categorize the NIS-Teen 2009 national survey data
• 5827 respondents’ records were analyzed
• Calculate the estimate coverage of vaccination with survey stratum/sampling weight
• Construct the graphs profiles for the analysis with EXCEL
• Generate delivery files to CDC.
Project: National Longitudinal Surveys (NLS) data dissemination
• Build recoding algorithms for harmonization
• Determine and extract the appropriate set of variables from six NLS Cohorts
• Harmonize and integrate the longitudinal data across all cohorts and time-frames
• Generate translation tables for recoding the original NLS variables into normalized values.
• Perform appropriate statistical analysis
• Total 6 cohorts, 42,171 respondents and over 100 variables were analyzed
Project: NLSY1997 college transcript pre-proposal study
• Determine the appropriate event history variables from NLSY97 cohort
• Extract, transform and load the event history monthly data from 1997 to 2010
• Manipulate and integrate variables across 13 data collection rounds
• Construct analytic variables that trace particular events across time
• Perform statistics analysis with demographic parameters
• Generate logistic model for college attainments
• Provide detailed chronological information about students’ enrollment patterns across post-secondary institutions
• Prepare scientific documentation of variable construction
• Total 8985 respondents and 640 history event variables were analyzed
Project: Follow-up study of the High School and Beyond respondents
• Compile information from different electronic files, including cross-walk files and different locating files
• Extract the names, address, social security number information from locating file for 14,825 sophomores and 11,995 seniors’ respondents.
• Preparation of initial locating request
• Draw random samples stratified on sex, educational level and status
Used technologies: SAS Base, SAS SQL, SAS MACRO, EXCEL
Research Assistant/Associate 02/2002~present
Ben May Department for Cancer Research, University of Chicago
• Design and perform biological experiments
• Analyze the data and write the reports to supervisor
• Write papers and proposals
• Present and discuss the result in the lab/department meeting and conference
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUIRES
Arlington, VA - sas, programmer, python, php, base, statistical,...
Durham, NC - sas, map, sas programmer, programmer, mp, base, ts,...
Durham, NC - sas, programmer, scripting, reactor,...
Quality Control Data
Rockville, MD - sas, python, data analysis, programmer,...
Data Quality Control
Chapel Hill, NC - sas, pharmacist, data analysis, programmer, base,...
Arlington, VA - sas, data analyst, programmer, sas programmer,...
India - sas, programmer, result, data analysis, micro,...