Randal A. LeMay**** *** ********* **
Rushville, OH 43150
Home Phone: (336) ***-****
Cell Phone: (704) ***-****
Facility Maintenance Manager, PVH Corp, Jonesville, NC.
June 2008 – April 2012
• Responsible for efficient operation of an automated 855,000 square foot multi-shift distribution center.
• Responsible for turning ideas into completed projects on time and on budget.
• Manage multiple projects, some occurring concurrently.
• Completed expansion of building along with the installation of additional systems and equipment (i.e. conveyor system, HVAC units, fire suppression system, security systems, etc.) in the expansion.
• Completed Arc Flash Analysis on electrical equipment, completed mediation, and implemented NFPA 70E for Jonesville facility. These procedures were then rolled-out to all other PVH facilities.
• Managed upgrade of server room back-up power generator and HVAC on budget and on time.
• Managed upgrade of HVAC system for corporate personnel floor in Jonesville facility.
• Manage CMMS (MP2), modifications, upgrades, and tasking.
• Continuous updating and improving Preventive and Predictive maintenance procedures.
• Responsible for facility, security, life-safety, housekeeping, and grounds.
• Responsible for creating and updating CAD drawings.
• Prepare and manage annual capital and expense budgets.
• Responsible for acquiring capital appropriation to fund projects.
• Manage security systems, upgrades, and modifications.
• Direct activities of maintenance staff of 27.
• Responsible for negotiating most vendor contracts and monitoring vendor performance.
• Responsible for fire safety, additions/modifications, compliance, and insurance carrier recommendations.
Facility Maintenance Manager, Build-A-Bear Workshop (BABW), Groveport, OH.
July 2006 – June 2008
• Responsible for start-up and commissioning a 350,000 square foot automated Distribution Center.
• Prepared (In-House) 150,000 square foot mezzanine area with electrical, data, phone, and compressed air infrastructure to support BABW web store equipment prior to relocating web store to the Groveport DC mezzanine from St. Louis, MO.
• Developed equipment and process to streamline web store activity that reduced man hours by more than 40%.
• Reduced recommended equipment spare part inventory by $100K, while having correct parts and quantities to keep equipment maintained at 100% availability.
• Represented the company's position and interest in dealing with outside contractors, vendors, and engineering consultants.
• Responsible for facility, systems, maintenance activities, security, housekeeping, and grounds.
• Supported production efforts by ensuring all equipment was functioning as designed and performing in a cost effective manner.
• Initiated and carried out projects to improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
• Assisted Director with planning capital improvements. Project Manager for capital projects.
• Responsible for plant fire and life safety including arranging and coordinating fire safety inspections with local fire department, arranging and coordinating internal safety inspections and implementing solutions to identified safety deficiencies.
• Conducted safety meetings and worked with associates to resolve concerns and improve safety of facility.
• Trained maintenance staff in key areas: PLC’s, electromechanical devices, controls, conveyor, and general building systems.
• Developed preventive maintenance programs using a combination of both hours of use and calendar to achieve nearly 100%. availability.
• Continuously monitored operation of plant equipment to minimize unplanned downtime and to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Trained powered lift equipment operators and provided refresher training as needed (Train the Trainer Program provided by OKI- Crown).
Maintenance Supervisor, Kmart Distribution, Groveport, OH.
October 1999 – 2006
• Responsible for overseeing and implementing improvement projects, manage methods and facility layout enhancement for a 565,000 square foot PkMS driven distribution center.
• Coordinate and prioritized union organized maintenance and housekeeping activities for a three-shift operation.
• Managed preventive maintenance program (AMH Parts Plus System) and procedures.
• Maintained parts/material inventory and quantities. Adjusted as needed.
• Direct supervision of 8 maintenance mechanics and 5 housekeeping associates.
• Conducted food safety inspections, participated in accident review board and OSHA related issues.
• Coached associates on technical devices and controls such as PLC’s, frequency drive motors, etc.
• Trained/tested maintenance associates on powered lift equipment and Lock-Out-Tag-Out program.
Maintenance Foreman/Mechanic/ Mechanic Helper, Kmart Distribution, Groveport, OH.
September 1985 – October 1999
• Coordinated activities for a staff of 12 union maintenance mechanics during multi shift operation.
• Worked closely with Maintenance Manager to analyze facility mechanical upgrades and electrical modifications to increase productivity.
• Responsible for trouble shooting PLC’s (Modicon & Allen Bradley), programming and control circuit design of PLC’s.
• Conducted preventive maintenance on conveyor systems, forklifts, HVAC units, fire system, etc.
Owner, Integrity Technologies.
May 1997 – December 2001
• Layout, installation, certification, and trouble shooting of computer and telephone system structured cabling systems.
• Upgraded data and telephone systems and station cabling, backbone, installed fiber, and made adds, moves, and changes.
• VAR cabling system partner with Leviton Telcom.
DeVry Institute of Technology, Columbus, OH. Bachelor of Science, Electronic Engineering Technology, June 1999.
Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH. Associate of Applied Science, Electronics Engineering, May 1985.
Buckeye Joint Vocational School, New Philadelphia, OH. Vocational Certificate, Industrial Electricity, May 1983.