|CHARRISE M. WHITE
***** ******** *****
Westfield, IN 46074
Home: (317) ***-**** Cell: (317) ***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineer professional with experience in project management/controls responsible for coordinating construction/mechanical plan development, purchasing equipment, estimating project costs and serving as an intermediary between sales and field operations. A team builder capable of leading teams in achieving company quality and profitability objectives and exceeding customers’ major utility company (Duke Energy), expectations for major real estate firms (Jones Lang LaSalle-JLL & Duke Realty,), a nationwide grocery (Kroger’s) and a specialty contractor (Edwards Electrical & Mechanical). Proactive manager possessing excellent planning, organizing, leadership, problem solving and communication skills.
Areas of Expertise:
• Cost Management/Budget Control • OSHA Certification
• Construction Inspection • PMP
• Construction Documentation/Specs • LEED – working on certification
• Management AutoCAD / M.S. • Subcontractor Negotiating
• Primavera 6 Web-PM • T&D Line and Substation PM
• Developed and administered JLL’s capital/expense projects ranging from $10 thousand to $2 million. Projects included new construction, office remodeling, parking lots, mechanical system replacement and new roof installations.
• Served as JLL’s project manager on multiple projects simultaneously; full knowledgeable in all aspects of construction. Provided input on master plan (Microsoft Project and OVP). Projects ranged up to $1 million.
• Supported Edwards Electric and Mechanical sales and estimating team in landing projects valued at $3 million.
• Managed the construction of six new Kroger 64,000 sq ft stores and seven expansions on existing operating stores, on time and within the $15 million budgets.
• Initiated savings program that reduced Kroger stores’ utility usage by 6%.
Duke Energy – Project Controls Analysis 2011 – Present
• Develops plans, schedules and reports for the Power Delivery T&D line and substation major capital projects.
• Communicates with various project teams and other internal work groups for scheduling outages, equipment, work activities, labor hours, labor cost and material cost for both internal and contract resources coordinating the services of the project team to meet construction deadlines.
• Monitors and facilitates the scheduling process from both long and short term perspective to assure that capital project portfolio goals are met.
• Provides reports, research, and problem solving skills for various groups on multiple projects.
• Provides analytical insight into project risks, risk thresholds, labor requirements, and financial targets.
• Provides direct support to Project Managers and department heads with information obtained from schedule updates and financial data.
• Advises Project Manager of schedule conflicts, outage limitations and associated risks.
• Manages scope, cost, and schedules by participating as an active project team member, developing project
CHARRISE M. WHITE, Page 2
schedules, developing project cash flow, reviewing project cost estimates, developing project management plans, entering project budgeting information, and coordinating project funding updates and budget transfers with finance staff
• Reports on status and financial matters by developing and updating project reports detaining status, cost, and schedule, assisting project managers by providing up to date project cost and forecast information, and assisting division staff with reports and information as necessary.
JONES LANG LASALLE, Indianapolis, Indiana 2007-November, 2010
Project Manger/Site Planner
Worked as part of a site team providing production planning, efficiency studies, workflow analysis, operational improvements, space planning, production reporting and quality audits. Possess the ability to undertake a variety of duties while maintaining a strong working relationship with facilities’ staff/customers.
• Full-service facilities planner on site with corporate client. Fully experienced in project management from initial strategic planning to design and construction to move-in.
• Collaborated with campus team to implement strategic facility management solutions based on clients evolving business demands.
• Provided client with creative ideas for building improvements, construction projects and maintenance issues. Finalized selections of new building finishes, furniture, artwork and signage for facility projects to incorporate and improve company standards.
• Coordinated and managed off site facility moves. Experience working within the guidelines of multiple facility management groups, property leases and company real estate. Projects include relocating other sites.
• Managed cost savings decisions for company assets. Effectively control furniture and inventories, overseeing project development, liquidate assets, and coordinate consignments move process.
• Certified with National Wildlife, for 250 acre park at the Eli Lilly site. Participated on team that maintained records and assisted with wildlife projects.
DUKE REALTY CORPORATION, Indianapolis, Indiana 2005-2007
Project Manager Tenant Finish
Managed shell and tenant finish projects at industrial sites and office buildings. Work with leasing agents and property managers at new and existing properties, established drawings, estimated project costs, prepared budgets and scheduled construction.
• Served as project manager for tenant finish and completed seventy-five projects within the given time frame and budget.
• Supervised construction remodeling project involving mechanical system replacement, redesigning parking lots and customer relations. Reviewed product cut sheets, shop drawings, and other submittals to assure material and installation standards were being met.
• Maintained open communications with the tenant to review field changes with a rapid response on cost, time and completion of changes. Facilitated design meetings, assuring Duke Budget requirements and design criteria were adhered to, coordinated multiple engineering disciplines.
• Analyzed proposals, conducted post-bid conferences, and drafted performance-based subcontracts.
• Developed project budgets from estimates provided by bidding team. Provided value engineering with tenants to reduce project cost.
• Monitored and updated project budgets with real costs, identified and tracked variances, and projected final costs.
• Prepared monthly detailed budget reports for upper management, reporting expense and revenue, forecasting future line item costs and projecting final profit (surplus).
• Analyzed and extracted information from project schedule and project budget to create project cost flow reports.
• Reconciled Construction budget with Accounting budget, assured bottom lines matched despite difference in formats and levels of detail between two budgeting systems.
• Partnered with field superintendent to schedule subcontractor start dates, coordinate work among different trades on site, and inspect work in place for quality.
• Monitored construction means and methods to assure design documents were adhered to, provided clarification on design documents when required.
CHARRISE M. WHITE, Page 3
NORESCO LLC – EQUITABLE RESOURCES, Indianapolis, Indiana 2003-2005
Managed subcontractors’ progress and performance, reviewed payment applications, submitted RFIs to the architect on behalf of the customer and assured material quality. Responsible for submittals and RFIs, and reviewing shop drawings. Maintained and adjusted construction schedule.
• Managed the Kennedy Center exterior/interior renovation (mechanical systems, access road, bike path, fountain repairs).
• Developed a recovery schedule presented to the Corp of Engineers with 4000 activities for the Kennedy Center project.
• Served on contingency planning team (Kennedy project) that developed plans for recovering time lost in construction delays. Contingency plans allowed for the Kennedy Center to remain operational.
• Coordinated with The National Park Associations for road closures, obtained permits, reviewed work installation for marble replacement over Rock Creek Parkway.
• Consulted with design team on replacement of marble panels without any lane closures. Utilized a cantilever scaffolding system that provided secure working environment without lane closure of a major Washington D.C. roadway.
• Wrote change orders to the Corps of Engineers. Reviewed payment applications and changes orders that were approved by the customer.
• Assumed responsibility of two subcontractors. Maintained contractors’ schedules and worked on proposed changes, RFIs, submittals, and shop drawings.
EDWARDS ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL, INC., 2002-2003
Part of the pre-construction mechanical sales estimating team with responsibility for projects including sales, estimating, bidding, and negotiating, managing and scheduling projects, billing projects, reviewing field changes and managing project costs. Oversaw commercial, prison, school and retail projects.
• Evaluated and re-structured company’s mechanical team using seminars, schools, and certification courses.
• Coordinated education and training programs to certify existing team members in CPC controls, Novar Controls, refrigeration installation, refrigeration troubleshooting, and leadership.
THE KROGER COMPANY, Indianapolis, Indiana 1994-2002
Oversaw construction projects and renovation throughout Indiana and Illinois including responsibility for site, reviewing, architectural and design plans, monitoring costs, change orders, field schedules, punch lists, equipment installations and site inspections and approving requests for payment. Managed capital budgets for small projects, equipment and repairs for 163 stores.
• Facilitated the development of phasing/scheduling document that led to better communication between departments.
• Implemented and facilitated utility reduction plan on monthly usage for the divisional stores, up to a 4% reduction success.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BS Construction Engineering Technology,
AAS Civil Engineering Technology
American Management Associations – Building Better Work Relations
Husmann Corporation – Refrigeration and Application Engineering
University of Illinois - Commercial Refrigeration Applications
Professional Women – Women in Management
FMI Energy – Reduction and Energy Savings
BBBS – Big Brother and Big Sisters
Similar ResumesLand Development/Site Construction Project Manager
MA - land, engineer, field engineer, surveyor,...Construction Project Manager
United States - texas, michael, estate, project manager,...REO Asset Manager Available!
dallas, TX - mortgage, underwriter, recruiter, loan, texas,...Manager Real Estate Project Management Construction
Sunnyvale, CA - estate, cisco, real estate, construction, real,...Construction Project Manager
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX - engineer, developer, civil, design engineer,...Customer Service Manager Assistant Laboratory Scientist
Costa Mesa, CA - drugs, detector, laboratory scientist, dsa,...Sales Business Management Financial Real Estate
Boston, MA - ma, boston, accountant, analyst, mortgage, estate,...Real Estate Sales Quality Assurance Management
Clearwater, FL - attorney, tower, civil, land, estate, tampa,...Project Analyst Security Curriculum Vitae Management
India, Mumbai, MH - mumbai, curriculum vitae, vitae, pvt ltd, analyst,...Property Manager, Real Estate Specialist
United States - property manager, san diego, diego, cam, estate,...