Electrical Engineering Mechanical Sheet Metal
Post a job
|LOU BARRETO GLENDORA, CA. 626-***.****
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
My strengths lie in manufacturing or working for an electrical/mechanical contractor as a Buyer involved with procurement, sourcing vendors, vendor RFQ’s, vendor negotiations, planning, inventory control, expediting or resolving vendor issues, responding to production/engineering requests for material or parts on hand/on order.
Industrial electrical equipment, panel breakers/relays, magnetic starters, electrical/fiber-optic cable, electronic components digital & analog, 120/440v transformers, 120/440v ac motors, ac/dc power supplies, plc controllers, sensors, computer equipment, fiber optic equipment, conveyor belts, bearings, valves, air cylinders, pulleys, enclosures, rigid or emt conduit pipe with various fittings, schedule 20/40 piping; aluminum, stainless or galvanized steel sheets hot & cold roll, pickle & oil grades. Angle brackets, flat bars, I beams, H beams, round/square steel bars. Submitting prints for outside machining, metal fabrication, plating.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: (See Page 3, details)
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
Electrical & electronic schematics, ladder diagrams, bill of materials, planning assembly/console fabrication. Manufacturing software QAD, QuickBooks Pro Premier Mfg, Auto Cad.
Jan 1999-2000 Cal-Poly University, Pomona, CA
Business management and courses in MRP (APIC related)
Jan 1996/1998 Mount San Antonio College, Walnut, CA
Associate Arts degree in business
Jan 2009 Kingdom Come Publishers, Glendora, CA
To Present Operations/Purchasing -Marketing Adm.
• Directly involved with all Purchasing activities and submitting RFQ’s as well as negotiating pricing/terms with various outside vendors for graphic designer services, book printing services, audio CD services, website creation, manufacturing and distribution of non-fiction book and a CD album-including promotional services.
• Created www.kingdomcomeforever.com & www.kingdomcomeforever.ecrater.com
• Established purchase agreements with Kunaki Corporation, CD Baby Corporation, Ingram/Lightning Source Corporation via Barnes Noble and Amazon for outside manufacturing on demand, taking internet online orders, billing and collection of monies, shipping product to customers and distribution of revenues.
Dec 2005 North American Conveyor, Inc., Azusa, CA
Nov 2007 Purchasing/Inventory Mgr.
• Placing purchase orders daily with vendors for galvanized steel sheets- hot or cold roll, pickle and oil. Angle bars, channels, round/square/rectangular bars and other steel or piping requirements for in house metal fab shop.
• Placing purchase orders daily with vendors for electro-mechanical components and equipment, office supplies, paint/raw material-for production, engineering, maintenance, paint, and office departments.
• Placing purchase orders and submitting engineering drawings/prints to vendors for machining service, conventional or CNC….milling, boring, trepanning- including laser machining/cutting.
• Negotiating agreements for price, terms, first article inspection and availability of product.
• Working with engineering & production time schedules to maintain planned inventory levels.
• Qualifying vendors for outside services in machining, sheet metal fab, or assembly-partial or turnkey operation.
• Involved with vendor sourcing and securing vendor bids or RFQ documents-long term agreements/just in time.
• Responsible for entering and creating purchase orders.
• Resolving/expediting issues with vendors concerning open orders/past due dates, and accounts payables/receivables.
• Directly responsible for setting up, tracking, and managing the inventory system.
• Responsible for entering and creating new part numbers for inventory system-including BOM development from engineering assembly drawings and adding BOM entries into inventory module/software.
• Directly responsible for cycle or full inventory recounts and entering results into inventory software.
• Generating weekly or monthly reports for job cost, MRP re-order, open orders, inventory valuations, inventory items received, purchase orders received and shipping reports for accounting and operations managers.
Jan 2005 Volt Agency-Pentair Spa & Bath Pumps, El Monte, CA
Nov 2005 Electro-Mechanical Buyer
• Placing purchase orders daily with vendors for raw plastic polymers/resin materials, electro mechanical supply’s for various departments-injection molding, pump-motor assembly, maintenance, shipping, and office/accounting.
• Negotiating price, terms, & availability of product with vendors (USA or abroad China/Thailand/Italy/Canada).
• Submitting engineering prints to vendors for sheet metal fabrication, cable assemblies, chrome/nickel plating.
• Responsible for qualifying vendors for outside services in machining, sheet metal fabrication, or assembly.
• Involved with vendor sourcing, securing vendor bids/RFQ, and submitting engineering prints to vendors for quote.
• Working with engineering & production time schedules to maintain planned inventory levels concerning their requirements/requisitions for parts and availability. Using QAD Mfg. software for purchasing, inventory, and reviewing MRP reports.
• Generating purchase orders from requisitions, MRP re-order reports, and Kanban. Reviewing open orders.
• Resolving/expediting open orders, past due dates, accounts payable, and return merchandise with vendors.
Sept 2001 Alliance Communications Engineering Inc., Arcadia, CA
July 2003 Purchasing-Inventory Mgr.
• Directly responsible for placing purchase orders daily with vendors for electrical equipment, conduit and fittings, voice-video-data-fiber optic components & cable and equipment upgrade for Los Angeles School Projects.
• Negotiating with vendors for price, availability and terms with vendors.
• Directly involved with vendor sourcing, securing vendor bids or RFQ’s for test equipment, rentals, tools, materials, electrical cable, electrical wire, relays, breakers, switches, transformers, conduit pipe, fittings, enclosures, fiber optic components, fiber optic equipment, and fiber optic cable for engineering/field personnel involved with electrical, voice, video, data & fiber optic cable installation projects.
• Generating purchase orders from material requisitions and work orders from project managers or foremen.
• Involved with processing and receiving incoming items and match to purchase orders.
• Expediting and resolving vendor issues-accounts payable, past due dates/open orders, and return merchandise.
• Implementing and managing an orderly inventory and warehouse system.
• Directly involved with supervising, monitoring, and documenting the activities of other buyers.
• Working in conjunction with field managers concerning their material requirements.
June 1997 TPP Inc/TLC Communications, Hawthorne, CA
Sept 2001 Sr. Buyer, Scheduler, & Contract Admin.
• Placing orders with vendors for payphone communication equipment, enclosures, electrical wire and cable, conduit pipe and fittings, cable assemblies, light fixtures, circuit boards replacements, pedestal and stands, magnetic relays, transformers, solenoids, valves, and other electro-mechanical parts for production, facility, and outside commercial building installation projects.
• Negotiating price, terms, and availability of product with vendors for equipment, tools, material, and electronic mechanical components.
• Directly responsible for scheduling and planning equipment installation activities in conjunction with outside installers or contractors.
• Generating bill of material list and layout drawings for each installation job.
• Monitoring invoices and purchase orders as well as resolving accounting and receiving discrepancies.
• Involved with marketing and securing sale/leasing agreements to supply equipment and services for clients.
Prior to the above jobs, I was involved with J and R Fernandez Corporation in Pomona as a Facility Planner, Scheduler, & Contract administrator for payphone service at retail stores in California.
Also involve at Tustin Controls Incorporated in Tustin California for a Chevron Oil Project in Oklahoma as a Production Manager; planning, creating wiring diagrams, supervising the assembly of components and instrumentation equipment for control panel enclosures value at $500,000. There were about 30 console units completely install with various instrumentation equipment and each console was electrically tested with respect to electrical engineering design and point to point wiring diagram layout in conjunction with Chevron project engineers for shipping approval.
I was involved with Leach Corp in Buena Park California as an Electrical/Electronic Designer for a relay fault detector equipment and for Arrowhead Trepanning in Signal Hill California as an Electrical Control Designer for a hydraulic pipe alignment welding equipment for a client in Long Beach California.
Also involve at Arrowhead Trepanning in Signal Hill California, Aero-jet Corporation in Fullerton California, ITT Corporation in Glendale California, and Amtec Engineering/Aerospace firm in Wilmington California as a Maintenance Technician-troubleshooting/repairing electro-mechanical systems for trepanning, mill, and brake machine equipment.
Involve with Kimberly Clark’s construction division in Fullerton California as an Electrical Technician to install electrical components and cable wiring to various electrical control panels for a conveyor line project.
Similar ResumesAssistant Los Angeles Medical Experience New York
Los Angeles, CA
- compliance officer, orthopaedic, ophthalmology,...Property Management/ Manager Real Estate
Los Angerles, CA
- beach ca, vacancy, yardi, hoa, property manager,...Mental Health Therapist Services Specialist C
Bainbridge Island, WA
- family therapist, therapist, piano, social worker,...Management Business Chef Customer Experience Restaurant
- partie, sous, chef, thai, cuisine, chefs,...Mechanical Engineering Engineer Career Objective
Los Angeles, CA
- geometric, aerodynamic, nastran, abaqus, crash,...Manufacturing Engineer Real Estate Manager Technician
- universe, navision, new product, poly,...Customer Service Sales Manager Call Center Experience
Long Beach, CA
- citi, dawn, julie, mile, booking, salon, hsbc,...Los Angeles Designer Business Design Management
- hsc, reference, kind, insights, vadodara, covina,...Experience New York High School Medical Years
Los Angeles, CA
- purpose, universe, gifts, salvation, susan,...Experience Administrator Patient Care Quality
- carol, administrator, patient care, care, oh,...