Engineer Support Special / Technical Writer
***** *. ******* ***
Tucson, Arizona 85737
Engineering Support Specialist with over 25 years experience in both commercial and military applications in the aerospace/aviation industries.
•Created work instructions, route procedures, Bills of Materials (BOM’s) as well as prove-in of work instructions and tooling.
•Provided floor support to assemblers and interfaced with other departments relevant to work instructions such as tooling, production aids, shop floor control, and manufacturing procedures.
•Resolved Standard Missile manufacturing process issues to ensure hardware delivery schedules were met for Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA) and Engineering Level Assemblies.
•Developed rework/repair methodologies ensuring resolution to manufacturing nonconformance.
•Designed, developed and tested all mechanical components in heavy industrial equipment.
•Prepared special order drawings that met and exceeded customer specifications and requirements.
•Performed configuration control tasks to process engineering change proposals, drawings, specifications and technical manuals.
•Successfully performed weight calculations on aircraft engine components resulting in precise evaluation of engine mass and center of gravity requirements.
•Created and standardized proposal template to produce increased data accuracy, reduce preparation time and simplify proposal generation process.
•Analyzed technical data produced by team members to ensure accuracy and Quality Assurance acceptance.
•Developed parts list on various systems of the JSTARS aircraft, B2 Bomber and aircraft engines, based on assembly, detail and vendor drawings.
•Obtained DOD security clearance to produce technical manuals in accordance with military specifications.
•Trained engineering support specialist and vendors on configuration changes to increase efficiency and meet schedule milestones.
•Led Logistics Engineer Support team on the hardware/software upgrade of the System Maintenance Manual for the Air Traffic Controllers communication system resulting in successful revision to over 800 change pages.
Senior Technical Writer Securaplane Technologies Inc. 2005-Present
Senior Technical Writer Boeing Helicopter 2004 - 2005
Senior Technical Writer L-3 Communications 2002 - 2004
Senior Technical Writer Gulfstream Aerospace Corp 2001 - 2002
Manufacturing Engineer Raytheon Missile Systems 1999 - 2001
Logistics Engineer Harris Corporation 1997 - 1999
Senior Technical Writer Northrop Grumman / CDI 1994 - 1997
Engine Maintenance Specialist GE Aircraft Engines 1985 - 1994
Mass Properties Specialist Belcan Engineering Group Inc 1984 - 1985
Mechanical Draftsman Cincinnati Fan & Ventilator Co. 1981 - 1984
MS OFFICE CAD 1 & 2 Oracle Fortran SUN (Unix) Operating System DOD Security Clearance Technical Communication for the Professional Writer CFM56 Complete Engine Maintenance Writing for Effect Electrostatic Discharge Certification Communicating Effectively in the Workplace Total Quality Management (TQM) Orientation ISO 9000 Orientation
Earned credits towards Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, University of Cincinnati
Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering (GPA: 3.8), Cincinnati Technical College
Mechanical Drafting Certificate, Institute of Technical Careers
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
• Perfect Attendance Award, which shows dedication to the job and the company.
• Team Award for contributions in developing the SNECMA Wang IPC system.
• Team Award for effort on F118 program, which GE received an incentive award of 100%.
• Team Superior Award for creating a classified IPB manual using new and unique software.
• Team Special Achievement Award for success in process improvements in Service Bulletins.
• Certificate of Excellence for contribution to the Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
• Reach for the STARS Awards - Mentor and Excellence through Teamwork.
Similar ResumesSan Diego Engineer Customer Service Technician
San Diego, CA
- achievement, teradata, iphone, afb, warrant,...Systems Engineer/Analyst
San Diego, CA
- c4isr, chief engineer, network security, peo, nasa,...Project Manager Engineer Management Maintenance
- ipm, osp, yuma, marine corps, fs, noc, usmc,...Engineer Design Experience Designer Engineering
- writings, drafter, avionics, pcb, aerospace,...Oracle Marketing Designer Web Com Maintenance
Loma Linda, CA
- interests, demos, animator, sei, banglore,...Sr. QA/QC Engineer
- nqa, quality assurance supervisor,...RF Level III
- electronics engineering, sytem, cox, evdo,...Sr HW engineer
santa ,pmoca, CA
- verification engineer, electrical engineers, hfss,...Engineer Technician Electrical Engineering Manager
Woodland Hills, CA
- floors, performed, generators, catia,...Senior RF Engineer
- feb, secret clearance, transducer, varian,...