Clermont, FL 34714
Dependable, hardworking, detail oriented, organized individual able to work under strict deadline schedules. Over 15 years of experience in various aspects of the accounting field. A quick learner who produces high quality, accurate work. Always willing to accept new assignments and responsibilities.
City of Haines City, Haines City, FL August 2003 – Present
Responsible for the following aspects of City governmental accounting:
• Reconcile monthly bank statements, post cleared checks and distribute interest
• Prepare capital projects spreadsheet – copy backup related to each project or item
• Created an efficient system for coding, inputting and paying vendors accurately and in a timely manner
• Accurately and rapidly key all item requiring data entry skills including:
o Weekly customer water bill refunds
o Monthly insurance bills, public service and sales tax, bond transfers
o Weekly journal entries for payroll taxes, EFT government payments, etc
o Health payment spreadsheet for retired employees to aid Human Resources
• Train Accounts Payable clerk and perform the position now that the positions are combined
• Review and correct account payable batches – correct when necessary
• Sort and distribute daily mail to respective departments
• Review and reconcile daily cash sheets produced by Utility Billing Department
• Copy, code, and record incoming check payments for Section 8 and non EFT payments
• Order office supplies
Gail Shakotko Page 2
• Able to recall situations and details to quickly answer questions regarding all aspects of the finance department
• Excellent telephone etiquette with peers, superiors, and vendors
Crossroads Hospitality Company, Orlando, FL 1997 – 2003
Senior Banking Transaction Analyst
Responsible for reconciling monthly bank statements for 35 to 44 hotel properties throughout the United States
• Reconciled local bank deposits as well as 4 types of credit card deposits, GM checks, and checks written by centralized accounts payable department
• Reconciled 7 payroll concentrations consisting of 113 properties using Excel
• Used Excel pivot tables and spreadsheets to calculate the monthly net change between monthly deposits and disbursements for 55 properties in 5 separate concentration accounts
• Trained new hires and answered questions posed by supervisors
• Helped coworkers finish their assignments by the month end deadline
Accounts Payable Clerk (1997 Only)
Responsible for data entry of coded invoices sent by 25 to 35 assigned regions of owned/managed multi-location hotels
Nominated for Associate of the Year 2002, Outstanding Associate of the Month, and Commendation Report for excellent teamwork.
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, 1995
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, AS400, Windows XP and Windows 7, America Online, ADG FMS, ADG UBS
United States - human, resource, development, organizational,...
Customer Service Insurance
Glendale, AZ - insurance, coding, claims, edi, claim, mds,...
Project Manager Management
Coral Springs, FL - project manager, project management, scrum, scope,...
Springfield, VA - automotive, tooling, accounts receivable,...
West Chicago, IL - mall, maintenance, replacement, skilled, clean,...
India, New Delhi, DL - aircraft, indian, mechanical, kumar, aviation,...
food & beverage captain
Qatar, doha, JB - beverage, marriott, bartender, resort, waiter, el,...