MUHAMMAD JAMIL K, P. Eng. Ontario.
Brampton, ON, L6R 2A5
Home :( 289)***-****
Dear Sir/ Madam
Position: Electrical Engineer
Please consider my application for the position of Electrical Engineer. My resume is enclosed for your perusal. I am a licensed professional engineer in Ontario.
I have extensive experience of 21 years at HYDRO ( BACK HOME) of designing of transmission, distribution, generation, protection as well as building illumination and fire protection system followed by national fire protection association.
I worked in load dispatch centre (SCADA) for five years to control the whole system including 25 grid stations and deals with 3000MW load. Also I have six years at Bombardier Aerospace, Design Engineer Experience in Toronto. I am a highly skilled and motivated individual who works with minimum technical supervision and a fast learner.
I feel confident that an interview with you would affirm that I would be an excellent electrical engineering team member.
Thank you for consideration.
M. Jamil Khan
MUHAMMAD JAMIL KHAN, P. Eng. ON
7 Anglers Catch Lane
Brampton, ON, L6R2A5
Seeking a position as ELECTRICAL ENGINEER that requires engineering knowledge in the area of electrical field
• Extensive design experience with load calculations, illumination, voltage drop, short circuit, grounding/lightning protection calculations and sizing of equipment (feeders/cables, circuit-breakers, transformers and generators
• Design, erection and commissioning of 220KV, 132KV & 66KV transmission line, sub-station and grid station. Lighting and fire protection design as per NFPA standard
• Knowledge of electrical design requirements for industrial, commercial, residential, health care, institutional/recreational/entertainment
• Electrical project evaluation, installation and maintenance for Grid/sub-station
• Load calculation, preparation of tender specification, implementation & commissioning
• Experienced in power electrical designing, transmission, distribution & sub-station
• Technical understanding, conceptual skills. Electrification of building follows the Canadian Electric Code
• Excellent time management and problem solving skills
Licensed Professional Engineer, Ontario 2009
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (Equivalent to Canadian Engineering
BOMBARDIER, AEROSPACE Electrical Engineer, Toronto,
• Six years of extensive experience working with BOMBARDIER Aerospace in engineering and design
• Prepare technical specification, proposals, bids and evaluation of bids, issue recommendation towards the contract: determine technical choices, conduct engineering studies and implementation of projects related to aerospace: collect data and develop scope for designing and engineering details for equipment and new installation
• Make engineering calculations in connection with field and office assignments
• Ensure compliance with safety requirements and standards procedures
• Perform highly specialized design, research, and analysis on a project-by-project basis and advise on code compliance: planning of projects, operation and maintenance, Quality control
HONEYWELL (Aerospace), Mississauga, Electronic Assembler, Contract 2004-2006
• Built & installed wire harness for secondary electrical power distribution panel
• Assembled electronic & electrical components to the standard shop procedure
• Familiar in using various pneumatic & mechanical tools
• Connected wires of various gauges & wire point to point
• Torque hardware according to specification
• Operates different types of laser machines
• Maintained safe work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations and codes
CELISTICA INC. Toronto Production Assistant, Contract, 2003-2004
• Carried out manual and mechanical assembly
• ICT testing of PCB board
• Operated electrical and pneumatic press machines & attached connectors for PCB.
• Carried out functional test and in circuit test & undertook re-work for PCB’s
HYDRO BACK HOME KARACHI 1981-2003
DEPUTY PROJECT MANAGER 2000-2003
• Design, Erection and Commissioning of 220KV/132KV overhead/underground trans mission line interconnected ring system of 11 grid stations
• The technical specification covers the survey, design, manufacture, factory testing
• Laying and installation, interfacing with the existing system, site testing, commissioning and final acceptance of single core 220/132 KV oil filled cable and optical fibre cable: de-sign of long span calculation
• Design consideration ambient temperature, relative humidity, soil thermal resistivity: warning tape must be laid over backfilling of sand
• The sealing end shall be insulated by SF6 switchgear or the transformer.
• Cable oil pressure maintained 200 psi and in the event of leak extra 50 litre oil must be kept as a surplus
EXECUTIVE ENGINEER Substation 1995-2000
• Designed 11KV/400V distribution network with ring main system
• Power distribution transformer selected was oil immersed, naturally cooled, 3 phase indoor type
• The transformers were 11/0.415KV, 50Hz of different ratings
• The incoming and outgoing circuit breakers were vacuum type with a rupturing capacity of 350 MVA 11 KV, 630 Amps
• Initial symmetrical short circuit current was calculated. Duration of the short circuit was taken as 1 second
EXECUTIVE ENGINEER LOAD DISPATCH CENTRE 1990-1995 (SCADA)
• Manage the whole system network comprising more than 55 grid stations and connected 20 power stations (hydro power, thermal power, and gas turbine and nuclear power sta-tions).
• The system voltage connected with ring main system of 500, 220, 132 and 66KV network
• Load calculation of different transmission lines and transformers either, power or distri-bution and manage it according to rating of conductor and transformers
EXECUTIVE ENGINEER DESIGN GRID PROJECTS 1986-1990
• Design, erection and commissioning of 132 KV turnkey grid stations
• 132 KV metal enclosure installed, SF6 insulated indoor type incorporated a double bus bar ring system
• Rated voltage 132KV, max: working voltage 145KV, rated frequency 50HZ, breaking current 31.5KV, rated bus bar current 2500A, impulse withstand voltage 650 KV
• The rated breaking current of the installation within a time of 200ms and that the total trip time of the first- stage protection is less than 150ms
• The CB must satisfy all aspects of IEC 56 and all other applicable regulations
• The total break time of the CB must not exceed 50msec with min. gas density and min. DC control voltage
• The minimum creep age distances phase-to-earth of bushing required according to the IEC 137 shall be increased by a factor of 1.5 i.e. 3.45 cm/KV
EXECTIVE ENGINEER PROTECTION 1981-1986
• The protective relays are to be divided into two groups such as group 2 for instance, represents the back up of group 1
• There are different types of protection such as over current, earth fault, differential protection, overload protection, earth leakage protection, buchholz protection (transformer tank & tap changer.
• Fault analysis as tripping of different types of relays; setting of the relays must be checked periodically as per stages of relays: stage 1 of low time setting as compared to stage 2
• During analysis of fault we can find out the impedance (distance relay) with respect to distance of the fault
• The grid stations shall be equipped with bus bar protection fulfilling the following require-ments
i) Discriminate against faults on either bus bar in double bus single breaker ar-rangement
ii) Isolate minimum section of the bus bar by taking into consideration the position of the coupler and the sectionalize isolators
• Instruments transformers CT’s and PT’s used for protection as well as metering purpose
• DC current 220V nickel-cadmium battery and 2 rectifiers: the battery comprising with 160-172 cells: the rectifiers are thirstier-controlled type for stand –by parallel operation with the associated battery
• Main connections 3x380V, 50HZ, 220V DC, 130A charging voltage 1.4Volts per cell
MS-office (word, excel, power point), Auto Cad, Internet
Operating Systems: Windows 98, 2000
Others: Various engineering software
REFERENCES WILL BE AVAILABE UPON REQUEST
Canada, Mississauga, ON - electrical engineer, engineer, sap, plant,...
Canada, ON - electrical engineer, kuwait, sales executive, abu,...
Canada, Toronto, ON - electrical engineer, petrochemical, refinery,...
Sales Representative Electrical Engineer
Canada, North York, ON - electrical engineer, caterpillar, troubleshooting,...
Electrical Engineer Maintenance
Canada, Toronto, ON - electrical engineer, maintenance engineer, plc,...
Canada, Richmond Hill, ON - electrical engineer, single, wiring, substation,...
Canada, Brampton, ON - electrical engineer, cloud, signal, engineer, wind,...