Gary M. Woodyard
Ability to install and configure Cisco IP Telephony gateways, Cisco CallManagers, routers and switches. Hands on experience and trained with Network General Sniffer. Experienced with Voice over IP utilizing Cisco Call Manager v4.1.3, VoIP analog dial gateways, and wireless VoIP phones. Ability to Install and configure network modules in Cisco routers and switches. Skilled in Network design utilizing TCP/IP, IPX, AppleTalk routed protocols. Experienced with wireless 802.11 network. Able to make copper and fiber connections to Cisco routers, and Catalyst 6500 switches. Setup and install Cisco CallManager, Windows NT and test server components.
NETWORK OPERATING SYSTEMS:
Cisco IOS 9.1 – 12.2.8T, Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, NT v3.51-v4.0 Workstation & Server, Novell NetWare v3.11-v4.01
WIDE AREA NETWORKING EXPERIENCE:
Network protocols: TCP/IP, IPX, AppleTalk, and DEC NET. Bridgeable protocols and routable protocols. Networks frame types - 802.3, 802.5, 802.2, Ethernet SNAP, Ethernet II. Ability to install and configure Cisco routers and switches out of box- ability to Telnet into and make configuration changes. Ability to create access lists for Cisco routers. Familiar with Voice over IP/Voice over Frame utilizing Cisco voice enabled routers. Create TCP/IP addressing scheme and subnet masks. Experienced with media types 10 base 2, 10 base 5, 10 base T, and 10 base F, FDDI, 100 base-TX, 1000 base-X. Familiar with media distance limitations. Network topologies - Star or Bus. Ability to install, configure, and connect cables to Cisco routers, and Hubs. Fiber optic cable connections and patching using ST/SC type cables. Experienced with Encryptors, DSU, CSU, LDM, and SHM. HDLC, RS232 and V.35 cabling standards. Concepts of DCE / DTE.
Cisco 7206vxr, 3845, 3825, 2801 VPN remote access, 2811 terminal server,VG200, 6608 – 8 port T1, 6624 – 24 port FXS, 2600 w/nm-2v FXS/FXO/DID, Cisco ASA5540 w/VPN, Pix 515E w/VPN, 525, 535 &520, Cisco routers/switches (Catalyst 6513 w/ SUP720 MSFC3, 6509, 5500, 1900, 2924 & 3524), AS5200, 2650, 1601, 3640, 3620, 7513, 7000, 7010, 4000, 4500, 3000, AGS+ ), Cisco VPN (3002, 3005, 3030), Cisco NetRanger, Hubs utilizing Ethernet. Strong knowledge of PCs. Ability to troubleshoot IRQ and port address configuration conflicts between network interface cards, serial, and parallel ports.
Cisco CallManager v2.4, 3.1-4.1.3, Cisco Unity Unified Messaging v4.0.5, Cisco Secure TACACS server, ISS Real Secure, NAI / Network General Sniffer, MRTG, What's Up Gold, Cisco Works 2000 LMS. Ability to install and troubleshoot software for PCs, DOS 3.1 through DOS 6.22, Microsoft Windows V3.0-V3.1, Windows 95, 98, Windows NT v3.51-v4.0, and Windows 2000.
CCDP – Cisco Certified Design Professional
CCIE LAB training - TCY Technologies Network General Sniffer 1 and Sniffer 2 - Network General (TC101, & TC102)
Cisco IP Telephony (CIPT) Global Knowledge Network Analysis & Troubleshooting with Novell NetWare - Network General (TC106)
UCSAE – Cisco Unified Communications System Administration/Engineer – Global Knowledge # 5630 Hands-on Internetworking with TCP/IP
BGP – Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers - Global Knowledge # 5976 Novell NetWare version 3 to 4 Update (0526)- Westcon
Advanced Cisco Router Configuration (ACRC) Novell NetWare 4 Advanced Administration (0525) – Westcon
Cisco Router Software Configuration – Cisco Quality Customer Service Skills – Learning International
Cisco Inter-network Troubleshooting Technical Leadership – Learning International
Introduction to Cisco Router Configuration (ICRC) NetVision Phone Technical Training (AU-NVPhone) – Symbol Technologies
Gary M. Woodyard
Aug 2004 to Present Willkie Farr & Gallagher, New York, N.Y.
Sr. Network Architect / IP Telephony Engineer
• Designed and implemented a voice toll-bypass utilizing H.323 to remote offices using Cisco 3745/25 routers
• Configured all dial-peers for toll-bypass
• Configured QOS for LLQ on WAN routers
• Implemented Cisco CallManager cluster and Cisco Unity Unified Messaging
• Extended Active Directory Schema to support Unified Messaging
• Built new Unified Communications CallManager v6.1 cluster
• Perform all CallManager administration of phones, and gateways
• Configure all route patterns, partitions, Calling Search Spaces, IP Phone services
• Build Windows Web servers to support IP Phone services
• Manage and configure voice gateways utilizing Q.Sig protocol to Nortel phone switch
• Designed and implemented US Data center LAN/WAN infrastructure including Cisco 6513s, CGESM, 7206vxr, 2801 vpn, ASA5540, ACNS, and WAAS
• Manage Cisco Catalyst 6513 switch infrastructure
• Implement network monitoring systems such as MRTG, Whats Up Gold, StatSeeker
• Built Cisco Callmanager 4.1.3 and applied monthly software patches
• Imported all phones via BAT and Excel worksheet by laser scanning MAC address from phones
• Configured all Cisco IP phones 7971,7961,7905, 7920, IP Communicator
• Configured voice gateway with MGCP
• Created Voice Vlans on switches
• Created all DHCP scopes for voice vlans on MSFCs
• Enabled QOS on LAN switches
• Created all Partitions and Route Partitions
• Created all Calling Search Spaces
• Configure Wireless WiFi Cisco 1232 WLAN with multiple SSID to support Cisco wireless phones
• Configure all 6500 switch ports to support IP Phones
• Upgraded IOS on voice gateways, switches, wan routers
• Troubleshoot voice gateways with debug
• Integrated CallManager with Nortel Option 81 & 61
• Built Cisco Unity 4.0.5 and integrated with CallManager v4.1.3
• Upgraded TSP for Unity to work with CallManager
• Configured Unity with Unified Messaging on Microsoft Exchange
• Configured voice mail ports in CallManager for Unity
• Configured Active Directory for Unity with Unified messaging
• Designed MPLS network with Verizon Business for redundant POP, PE router, and CE router
• Migrated from multipoint VPN to new Verizon MPLS PIP Network remotely in European offices
• Configured BGP for Verizon Business MPLS network and managed all MPLS CE routers
• Configured BGP for redundant 100 mb Time Warner Internet in US Data center with full BGP routing table
Oct 2003 to July 2004 Manchester Technologies, Hauppauge, N.Y.
IP Telephony Architect / Pre Sales Design Engineer
• Met with customers in a consultative and “trusted advisor” roll.
• Analyzed customer needs.
• Proposed designs for Cisco IP Telephony including Wireless, LAN/WAN, and Security solutions.
• Prepared Bill of Materials for Cisco designs utilizing Cisco’s configurator.
• Prepared Visio diagrams for proposed designs.
• Prepared Statement of Work for customers.
• Met with customers to review Statement of Work.
Gary M. Woodyard
May 2002 to Dec 2002 ShoreGroup, Inc. New York, N.Y.
Senior Cisco Engineer / IP Telephony Engineer
Worked on Projects for: Verizon Wireless, City University of NY, Hunter College, Brewster School District, Horrace Mann School, Lufthansa Airlines, Mercedes Benz, Mizuho Bank, Stanfield Capital, ADP and Optimum Media Direction
• Designed and implemented Cisco AVVID IP telephony solutions.
• Designed and implemented large Cisco switched infrastructures.
• Perform on site surveys to generate design proposal for IPT solutions.
• Created Visio diagrams and incorporated into proposals and finalized customer documentation.
• Wrote proposals in response to customer requests.
• Configured IP Telephony solutions for deployment in field.
• Implemented and Integrated Cisco Catalyst 6513 w/MSFC2, 6509, 4006-s2/s3 with IPT solutions.
• Configured Cisco CallManager and Voice gateways such as PRI, T1 CAS, FXO, FXS, DID, 6608, 6624, VG200, 2600 & NM-2V.
• Configured voice routers for VOIP toll-bypass.
• Configured PIX firewalls at customer’s sites.
• Configured Cisco VPN gateways 3002 and 3005.
• Configured PIX VPN gateway on 515E with VPN Accelerator card (VAC).
• Coordinated with Project Management for project time lines.
1995 to 2004 GMW Consulting Inc., Holbrook, N.Y.
Senior Cisco Network Engineering Consultant
St. Johns University, American Express, 1-800-Flowers.com, Symbol Technologies Inc, Reuters, Donaldson, Lufkin, and Jenrette, Inc., Wasserstein Parella & Co., Thompson Financial Media, Louis Vuitton, Euro Brokers, Kirshenbaum Bond and Partners, FAA, Rudin Management, and Audrey Cohen College.
• Implemented a large Cisco Wireless network at St. Johns.
• Wrote scripts to reconfigure Wireless Access Points for power and channel settings.
• Troubleshooted channel overlap and RF power problems with new Wireless network.
• Analyzed existing customer network infrastructure.
• Architected and designed new Cisco network solutions in response to RFP’s.
• Perform consultative services to customers.
• Configure Cisco equipment at customer’s site.
• Configured Cisco Pix firewall for in house Web hosting.
• Configured Cisco NetRanger Intrusion Detection System.
• Configured WAN Frame-relay network and disaster recovery Frame-relay network.
• Redesigned network core and frame relay network.
• Re-addressed IP and IPX network.
• Addressed zero CIR issues with frame relay network.
• Setup and Configured Cisco Selsius Call Manager v2.4 to establish H.323 Voice over IP sessions.
• Installed Cisco Selsius Analog dial gateways for Voice over IP conversations.
• Installed and configured Spectrum 24 wireless 802.11 network for use with wireless VoIP phones.
• Installed and configured Cisco Secure for NT for use with Access Server and routers.
• Configured routers and switches with TACACS+.
• Performed IOS upgrades on Cisco routers via TFTP server.
• Troubleshoot and Verified network issues with Network General Sniffer.
• Diagnosed network related problems with Novell servers and NT 3.51-4.0 workstations.
• Configured and integrated existing customer networks with new routing/switching environment.
• Installed Cisco Catalyst 6500, 6000, 4000, 3524, 2924.
• Installed Cisco 1600, 3600, 7200, Pix 520 Fail-over.
• Set up and configured Cisco Works 2000 LMS, and Cisco Secure.
• Architected and redesigned customer networks.
Gary M. Woodyard
1996 to 1998 Government Securities Clearing Corporation, New York, N.Y.
LAN Manager / Senior Network Engineer
• Built and configured Windows NT 4.0 servers on Alpha and Intel based platforms.
• Troubleshot issues with NT 4.0 Workstations/Servers and Windows 95.
• Performed hardware and software upgrades on servers and workstations.
1991 to 1995 Citibank, N.A., New York, N.Y.
Senior Systems Officer / Manager LAN Operations
• Connected and configured Cisco routers with T1 WAN and Ethernet connections.
• Installed redundant Cisco 7000 routers and connected all Ethernet connections via fiber.
• Installed file servers in multiple cities.
• Managed multiple file servers through extensive wide area network (Global Router Network).
• Connected Cisco Routers with T1/T3 WAN connections.
• Interconnected multiple floors from Cabletron hubs via fiber optic cables to company routers.
• Responded to Help Desk calls for over 1000 users (12 floors of 50 story building).
• Administered 25 Novell Servers including Netware system administration. Created new user accounts and managed existing users, creating and updating system and login scripts.
• Upgraded systems for new LAN projects including all aspects of hardware and software for individual PCs and networks.
1990 to 1991 Independent Consultant
• Designed, installed and supported point-of-sale systems utilizing Novell Netware 286 v2.15c. Provided customized software and training.
1983 to 1990 MicroAge, Merrick, N.Y.
Systems Engineer / LAN Support Services
• Repaired IBM PCs and laser printers.
• Repaired Apple MACs and Apple II PCs.
• Implemented Apple LocalTalk LANs.
Nassau Community College, Garden City, N.Y.
Associate of Science - Computer Science, 1984