|R. SCOTT SPRINGHORN
*** *** ****** • Hackensack, NJ • 201.***-**** (H) 201-***-****(C)
OPERATIONS MANAGER • WAREHOUSE MANAGER
Accomplished, innovative, and engaged leader with strong record of generating superior productivity and cost-savings results while directing warehousing and distribution operations for diverse companies. Dynamic personnel trainer and mentor, reputable for guiding teams to optimal levels of achievement. Creative problem solver Confident and compelling communicator, adept at engendering trust-based rapport with clients while delivering customer-centric service.
Summary of Qualification
Strong Management background with Storage, Logistics, Distribution, Shipping and Receiving, and Inventory.
Demonstrated ability to control and ship goods in a timely fashion along with increased productivity and profitability.
Adept at multi-tasking with excellent ability to organize and motivate staff to obtain goals.
Understanding client business goals and objectives in order to provide solutions that meet or exceed client expectations.
Fabrite Laminating Corp., Woodridge, NJ, May 1990 – October 2010
Privately held $14 million textile laminator operating in the US with business ventures in the Americas and Europe.
Responsible for overall management of 178,000 square foot distribution center and operations, including distribution standard operating procedures, production, warehousing, maintenance, returns, hiring, quality assurance and inventory control.
• Developed a new operational system for controlling all functions and departments within the warehouse.
• Organized system of tracking documentation from sales order to shipment using AS 400.
• Created an inventory control system to track goods from receipt through the production process to shipment.
• Hired, trained and supervised staff: shipping, receiving, operations, production, customer service and company fleet personnel.
• Guided staff through mandatory training in safety procedures, OSHA training, forklift operation and hazardous waste handling and shipment procedures.
• Prepared daily manifest of orders forwarded to production.
• Distributed staff assignments for production according to production schedule allowing flexibility to handle time sensitive shipments.
• Supervised staff production on finished goods for pre arranged shipment; i.e., LTL, UPS, Fedex.
• Originated customer service department to assist sales in handling customer issues.
• Instituted hiring, training and best practices for customer service.
• Hired and trained lead representative and 4 customer service reps.
• Developed procedures to handle customer issues and liaise with sales.
• Developed hiring, training and motivation procedures for the company.
• Successfully completed OSHA classes every two years. Completed mandatory training when notified by OSHA of updated procedures.
• Mandated and monitored hazardous materials training program for all warehouse staff.
• Certified -forklift operation.
• Completed redevelopment of all distribution processes: product receipt through quality control and shipping (domestic and international).
• Reduced overhead by adding company fleet of trucks for outside shipping.
• Implemented procedures for warehouse and production resulting in reduced overhead to the company.
• Negotiated discounts with major carriers improving rates in the distribution process.
• Developed and implemented Inventory control procedures to eliminate monthly shrinkage.
Additional Relevant Experience
Lindner & Co., Escondido, CA, 1986-1990
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
BS Business Administration, Minor Mathematics
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, LotusNotes
CRM Software – Salesforce
References upon request
Similar ResumesSap Service Business Project Management Java Design
Lyndhurst, NJ - system integration, gds, fscm, webdynpro,...Management Consultant
Elkhorn, NE - sap, pfizer, hyperion, oracle, client services,...Customer Service Manager Sales Business Software
TN - tester, memphis, sap, revenue cycle, cleaners, tn,...Manager Quality Assurance Testing Business Oracle
Chino, CA - qa, tester, java, qc, oracle, sql, qtp, test, c#,...Salesforce.com Consultant
Lodi, NJ - salesforce, call center, administrator, sql,...Management Service High School Assistant Marketing
Columbia, MD - salesforce, php, crm, analytics, mental, docs,...Salesforce CRM Architect
United States - architect, salesforce, sap, submit, asp.net,...Management Human Resources Manager Resource Analyst
Newnan, GA - civil, vi, atlanta ga, analyst, army,...Sales Marketing Experience Service Customer Services
Kenosha, WI - sales rep, counselor, wi, rep, milwaukee, peter,...Developer Sql Server Software Project Electrical
India, Gurgaon, HR - developer, software developer, php, c#, asp.net,...