Much of my experience is in Computer Technology and Software management industry. With my extensive background I can be a great value to your company’s business focus as a Database Administrator for your internal and external support.
My experience in high technology stems from high end IT installations as a technical computer/software analyst in such companies as Oracle Corporation, Fujitsu America, Inc. (FAI), GenRad Corporation, and Scientific Calculations.
I have managed, supervised, and supported the IT infrastructure as a Database and Applications Administrator, Systems administrator, Email administrator, and root cause and performance diagnosis analyst.
I have proven track record and am extremely competent, reliable and an asset to my team(s) and my organization(s). I anticipate combining my technical ability to help your company move forward into the future.
Summary of Experience
• Oracle DBA starting with version 5.0 and comfortable working within and around the RDBMS 9i, 10g, and 11g infrastructure.
• I have a very clear understanding of the overall database fundamentals including internal concepts, and structures within the SYS/SYSTEM security level to the individual application levels.
• Secure access management experience functions using OAM/Identity Manager (OID). I’m very confident with the DIT of the Middle Tier architecture.
• I'm knowledgeable of data models and logical and physical databases according to IT standards to help meet business requirements such as SQL security and SSO security.
• I’m experienced with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) for proactive database management to install, configure, space management, monitor performance, historic problems, setup alert notifications, and run diagnostics.
• I'm experienced at implementing database solutions meeting end user needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability. I apply database design theories and principles to analyze, design, create and implement databases. I have a long background of experience with database planning, capacity planning, installation and configuration.
• Experienced with customer site analysis, recommendations, configuration, and a complete understanding of the Oracle 3 tier architecture.
• I have knowledge with Oracle RAC, Clusterware and Dataguard.
• I am experienced at monitoring, controlling, and managing software interfacing with the RDBMS.
• I’m strong at technical diagnosis, root cause analysis, bug diagnosis and problem resolutions. My analysis tools range from system and database tools, to unix/linux tools like TRUSS, VMSTAT, SAR, and 3rd party tools.
• Experienced with performance evaluation and tuning, applying patches updates to the RDBMS and connecting software using Opatch.
• I am very strong at evaluating degradation of performance and issues by utilizing tools as SQLTRACE, TKPROF, SRCSESS, along with the use of Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and STATSPAK for further evaluation.
• I’m knowledgeable with backup and recovery procedures using RMAN. I used this utility at its conception imp/exp to recover many Oracle instances and data during disk outages and corruption and have a complete understanding of backup methodologies.
• I’m very comfortable on Unix/Linux on platforms – AIX, Solaris, Red Hat/Suse Linux, and Windows O/S platforms on Sun, HP, and Dell.
• I've worked with database software vendors and external technical support on upgrades, problem resolution and design issues. I’ve logged many bugs as and enhancement request
• I’m experienced at evaluating innovative technologies to enhance current database structures and recommend appropriate database configuration to support business goals and strategy.
• As a Product manager I've helped design, develop prototypes, and write documentation and updates. I worked well with project teams and development to test and implement a variety of patch and update releases.
• I've helped manage schedules and train users on patches, upgrades or new database installations.
• I like to work closely with the operations teams for troubleshooting with root cause analysis, patching, and problem resolution if necessary.
• I have excellent organizational and communication skills. I have the ability to independently lead and manage project work and interface with Project Managers.
• I’m very knowledgeable in RFC standards as well as the associated Internet standards including SMTP, IMAP4, POP3, LDAP, HTTP, and TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP. I’m experienced with security applications which include Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam and SSL/SASL.
• I’m a trained Sendmail (Unix/Linux) administrator and have an understanding of Lotus Notes and Microsoft Exchange
• Having owned my own business, and have SQL Server experience from a Retail Management System (RMS) perspective.
Oracle Products Summary: RDBMS (5, 6, 7, 8, 9i,10g), RMAN, Identity Manager(OIM/OAM), Calendar, Collaboration Suite, Email, Voice & Fax, Enterprise Manager(OEM), Internet Directory(OID/LDAP), Grid Control, Content Services, Files, SES, TKPROF, SQLTRACE
System Administration Summary
As a Systems Administration my background is strong, and includes platforms such as UNIX, Linux and the Windows operating systems. I have experience with the major platform hardware which includes Sun, HP, and Dell. I’m well versed in system configuration and disk hardware, maintenance/repair, and care for the O/S Linux/Unix, Windows, and system application data. I’m familiar with backup and restore capabilities of each platform. I’m familiar data networks, peripherals and infrastructure cabling. I have experience with unix/linux shell scripting.
Platform Summary: Linux Red Hat, Solaris, HP, IBM AIX, Dell Linux, Microsoft NT/XP/Vista
Other Product Experience Summary
Norton/McAfee/Webroot Anti-Virus/Anti-spyware applications Microsoft RMS/SQL server
Intuit QuickBooks Small Business S/W Remedy
Understanding of Computer Networking (LAN/WAN ) Microsoft: Office Suite, Project, Visio, Outlook
As a Consultant, Product manager, and Customer Support I gained a strong customer relations background both offsite and onsite. Oracle’s Advanced Server Technologies and Product Management group involved me with many strategic customer installations and deployments both domestically and internationally in such places as the Government of Andalucia in Sevilla, Spain and AT&T in Reston, VA. I was tasked with site assessments, site analysis, site architecture and implementation, and performance as well as service recommendations.
My on site assessments gained customers expectations by strategic evaluation and assessment of production flow and performance. I continued customer relationships as a liaison long after production to assure confidence and reliability was maintained. As a customer support analyst I was directly involved with customers bug diagnosis, analysis, and treatment planning. I have strong interpersonal skills.
My management background shows many aspects of my skills.
• IT contributor/manager of Oracle’s internal helpdesk and its personnel. I was also Manager of Oracle’s World-Wide Internal Email Deployment overseeing many international employees.
• Product Manager within the Oracle Collaboration Suite leading the success of the Oracle Email product development organization. Some key tasks were supplying field, customer, and industry enhancements and features through Product Release Design (PRD) documentation, being a key contact point for the technical assessment of the product and its functionality, writing numerous product documentations guides as well as proofreading related documentation for clarity and correctness. My interaction with development led to product enhancement and bug resolution. I’ve also given Public Presentations at conferences in Munich and Antwerp on product release and futures.
• Customer Support interfacing helped me to involve my extensive background in directly resolving customer issues with direct hands on fixes or evaluating and constructing bugs on behalf of the customer to resolution.
• Interfaced with Internal Dept: I investigated internal and external email security issues. I worked with Oracle Legal by doing research and discovery on pending cases. My testimony has proved successful in Oracle litigation matters to conviction.
• Development of Internal and External Training Courses and delivered them to Oracle’s World Wide internal support, sales support, as well as customer onsite training. I also wrote and recorded online training seminars on product introduction, management, and application concepts.
San Jose City College Drafting Engineer/Music 1973
Oracle Corporation Database Administration ver. 6.0(1987), Ver. 9i (2001), Ver. 10g (2005)
Oracle Corporation Collaboration Suite 9.0.3 2001
2012 - Currently in study of Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician toward certification 70-685
2012 - Currently in study of Windows 7 Desktop Deployment
2012 - Currently in study of Windows Vista Client for Enterprise Support Technicians toward certification 70-622
Detailed Work History
D’Vine Jazz and Wine, Inc. (Owner) August 2008 – March 2011 CTO/CFO
As the owner, my responsibilities included business planning, wholesale wine buying, inventory tracking, retail sales, project management, employee management, A/P and A/R accounting, as well as business and sales tracking and forecasting. I also managed and maintained the SQL server database integrity, security access, and computer systems (XP, Vista) and communications administration. Experience with Microsoft RMS and POS.
Oracle Corporation July 10 1989 – April 15, 2009
World-Wide IT DBA/Email Management Product Management (Collaboration Suite: Email Server group)
Manager Internal Helpdesk World-Wide Consulting Group
World-Wide BDE (Bug Diagnostic and Escalation) Customer Support Group
Being employed for 20 years, my experience covered a wide spectrum of organizations including IT, Email application Administration, computer system administration, Mgr. of internal helpdesk, world wide consulting, product management, and customer support. These areas required my full knowledge of DBA and Systems Administration including site requirements analysis, sizing configuration proposals, installation and configuration, database performance tuning, application monitoring, root cause analysis, backup and recovery, PL/SQL tuning, patch and upgrades, customer bug support and resolution, document writing and review, class curriculum writing and presentation, as well as trade show presentations.
Fujitsu America, Inc. (FAI) 1987 – 1989 System Administration, Ask ManMan/Oracle Database Administration
I was employed as a computer systems administrator for the North American Financials. My responsibilities covered managing, monitoring, upgrading, and backup of all financial computers. This led to all tasks of administration over the databases which included Ask ManMan and Oracle database administration. These tasks were backup/restore, financial report generation and distribution, upgrades/patches, root cause analysis, and performance monitoring.
References upon Request
Similar ResumesTechnical Support
- content management, arcsight, security specialist,...Customer Service .Net Java Developer Experience
Los Angeles, CA
- java developer, csharp, aspnet, web designer,...SQL Server DBA
San Jose, CA
- qlikview, sql server dba, server dba,...Oracle Management Project Production Development
Mountain View, CA
- disaster recovery, cpu, management project,...Manufacturing Manager Engineer Management Engineering
- manufacturing operations, modem, milpitas, piece,...Corporate Controller
- wimax, essbase, architect, herndon, stockton, pune,...Information Qa Need Any Hi Please
- navigator, france, qa tester, analyzed, odbc, qtp,...Engineer Customer Service New York Field Project Management
Castro Valley, CA
- tsa, scanners, elevator, field service engineer,...Sr Developer/DBA
- dataguard, pricewaterhouse, datawarehouse,...Sr Developer/DBA
Mountain View, CA
- oracle apps, rac, dba, oracle dba, apps, ux,...