Phone: *** 248 *** ****
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), with over 14 years of experience in Information Technology. Proficient in Quality Assurance, Business Analysis & Test Management, Project Management, and Team Leadership for software application implementations.
• Extensive experience in all facets of software project life cycle from initial feasibility analysis and requirements gathering through implementation, user training and support.
• Planned and managed Test Defect Cycles and Status in order to fix and close issues & defects in a timely manner.
• Proven skills in building competency and executing assignments in different platforms including Mobile device platforms and their UI applications, Web Portals and ERP applications.
• A highly motivated and energetic professional, dedicated to understanding and meeting client needs. Knowledge in Project Management tools, process and techniques.
• Exceptional focus, follow-through and coordination skills, working with off-shore & onshore resources. Proven ability to develop and manage the project schedules, and known for working well with cross-functional team to achieve on–time project completion.
Education & Certifications
• Bachelor of Commerce – (Commerce, Accountancy, Economics)
• Post Graduate Diploma in Software Programming and Analysis
• Certified PMP
• Certified ITIL (Information Technology Information Library)
• Member of PMI, ASQ, IEEE
• Trained in Six Sigma Green Belt and working towards Certification
• Trained in SDLC Methodology
• Completed IBM - ESCM (Enterprise Software Configuration Management) Training
• Trained in SAP ECC & CRM, SQR, RUP, CMMi, SDP21, MS-Visio 5.0/2000
• Trained in VB, Java and SQL programming.
Operating Systems: Windows 3.x/95/98/NT/2000/XP, HP UNIX
Languages: C, VC++, TSL, JAVA, JCL, J2EE, XML, VB.Net,
ASP. Net, SQL, PL/SQL, COBOL, VB Script.
RDBMS: Oracle 7.x/8.x, SQL Server 2000, MS ACCESS 97, ACCESS 2.0
ERP: PeopleSoft Payroll applications, SAP R/3, QM, MM, HR, SD, FICO and CRM
GUI/GUI Tools Visual Basic 5.0/6.0, Developer 2000, Oracle Forms 4.5,
Crystal Reports 7, Oracle Reports
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, ASP, JAVA Script, Java Beans, Web logic, Jbuilder, Citrix
MS Office/ Packages: MS Project, MS Office, MS word, MS Excel, IBM Lotus Notes, PowerPoint, Wise Package, MS Visio
Testing tools/ETL Tools: Win Runner 7.8, Load Runner 7.8, Test Director 7.8, QTP, Rational tools suite, Track record, QA Run, Business Objects- Data Integrator, Informatica, PeopleSoft People Tools
Change management Tools: PVCS, Clear case, Clear Quest, and Tivoli.
DTE Energy, MI
Project Manager/Lead Business Analyst 04/2008- Current
Managing Web, Mobile and Mainframe rewrite apps/projects of Detroit Edison Energy Company from conception to implementation stages. Played a key role in decommissioning and rewriting Mainframe based applications in different technologies like SAP/PeopleSoft and Oracle over multiple platforms. Involved in launching DTE mobile application to report outages and monitor Smart Home Devices.
• Managed and monitored the Mainframe decommissioning project’s which were replaced by other technologies.
• Extensively involved in Mobil application launch and held key role in Project Initiation, planning and roll out.
• Consulted with clients to identity key requirements, define project scope, developed project plans and schedule, provided to leadership and to internal project teams on daily production issues.
• Facilitated issues resolution. Prepared and presented timely status report to client and internal senior management.
• Drove Risk analysis, project plan and resource allocation and overall test approach for multiple projects.
• Handled Project Scope Management tasks through documentation of Project Charter, resource and budget assessments, financial reporting, recruiting testing team and training and mentoring the team. Approving the time sheets and test strategy reviews.
• Led Functional gap analysis, Functional user requirements, Use case diagrams, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Test Case Scenario, all through the RUP SDLC process within a CMMi process framework.
• Worked with MS Project to provide analytical reports for time, status of the project and recruitment & placements.
• Guided teams in software testing, technical documentation and automated tools. Involved in practicing new Test Strategies for the project team.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Michigan
Test Manager /Sr. Business Analyst 06/2006- 03/2008
For BCBSM performed Business analysis and Quality Management & Project Management functions, across health care domain for many IT Projects. Was involved from the initiation stages of Member portal, HBO and other high visible applications and held a key role in application implementation and roll out.
• Direct, monitor and working on Member, provider and Agent portal applications and ebilling portal gateways applications which are critical to BCBSM.
• Execute customer support strategies for current and future portal applications within customer service (CS) organization.
• Ensure customer portal availability for external customers.
• Led portal initiatives related to release testing, training, portal maintenance, clean-up and governance.
• Interacted with internal and external customers to troubleshoot issues associated with access, registration and general usage of online services in Member/customer portal.
• Planned and managed acceptance testing and related project management activities.
• Monitor portal stability.
• Participated in yearly portal audit preparation and execution.
• Managed the solution with responsibilities in lead role; manage design, development & implementation of the external client facing web portal.
• As a lead BA conducted meetings with internal Business teams and external clients to anticipate requirements, translate them into proper business scenarios and work on prototypes to development cycles with the relevant teams.
• Generated timely and accurate project information, reports and recommendations for executive decision making
• Proactively managed risks, and systematically resolve or escalate issues in a timely manner
• Built and maintained productive working relationships with stakeholders, vendors, partners and IT staff to make sure the platform is developing in line with expectations.
Borders Group Inc
Quality Manager/ Lead Business Analyst 08/2005- 05/2006
Worked for Borders e-Commerce Group as Test Manager/Business Analyst and was involved in managing and testing Borders online e-Commerce application launch which was based on Web, ERP, mainframe and DB2, Oracle back ends.
• As a Test Manager was responsible for managing the team of 25 analysts who are responsible to identify QA and testing requirements, developing test plans based on the business and functional requirements and for the implementation of the test plans.
• Played a key role in managing the executing and coordinating test activities as required in the QA test plan.
• Effectively managed multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
• Managed QA processes methodologies – including Test Plan creation, execution and reporting.
• Involved in organizing/managing testing resources, tools, processes etc to ensure proper implementation of test plan, verified and assessed entry and exit criteria at System, Integration, and UAT phase.
• Mentored QA team as required and monitored System testing, Functional testing, Integration, Regression and Performance /Stress testing and User Acceptance testing to ensure that application is developed according to the business requirements.
• Evaluated the defects in Test Director’s Bug tracking system and maintained defect reporting log.
Keane - GMAC, MI
Quality Manager / Lead Business Analyst 08/2003-07/2005
For Keane – GMAC account performed Project/ Quality Management & Validation functions across the program office for many IT Projects. (Smart Auction Direct, Paid in full and Special Accounts).
• Worked and lead the cross functional teams in project development, system testing.
• Interacted with the business users across the globe for functional requirements.
• Provided analytical reports for time, billing, expenses and Project estimates.
• Managed QA processes methodologies – including Test Plan creation, execution and reporting
• Establishment of best practices for RUP Agile iSLC/SDLC process delivery methodologies on PMBOK, CMMi process framework and implemented SDP- 21 process in developing project technical documentations
• Conducted meetings with the Business Users and Application Designers to gather requirements.
• ITIL services support processes related to Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management and Configuration Management
• Established of processes for System, Integration, UAT and Performance Testing & Validation.
• Extensively utilized Test Director for writing Test plan, documenting Defects.
Ford Motor Company, MI
Sr. QA/Performance test team Lead 10/2002-07/2003
Led in Quality Assurance/Test Planning for Project Edison for their porting center migration team where more than 300 applications are migrated from UNIX to Linux servers, Windows 2000 to 2003 Web servers and Web Application Server 4.0 to 5.0, which requires Functionality, performance and stress testing to verify that application functionality and performance is not adversely impacted by the migration. Involved in ESCM (Enterprise Software Configuration Management) project as a lead/mentor in training others on Change Management and version control tools.
• Managed of all Project deliverables such as Program, Projects plans, Process mapping and CTQs among others. Tracked the Project deliverables and deployment through to its closure.
• Conducted meetings with the SMEs/Business Users and Application Designers to gather Load test requirements.
• Created deployment diagrams from the business documents and specification documents.
• Extensively used Waterfall Methodology and Agile methodologies in software testing life cycle
• Extensively used Mercury interactive Load runner, Win runner and Quick Test Pro for testing the performance of the applications under various loads.
• Created test scripts using the Load runners VUGen and compiled/parameterized the scripts according to each application needs.
• Utilized PVCS, Clear Case (ESCM tool) for Change Management and version control.
• Training of all the project contractors on client’s Corporate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Attend S-Ox based trainings and acquired knowledge of S-OX compliance for FORD standards.
McKesson Pharmacy Systems, MI
Sr. Quality/Business Analyst 09/2001-09/2002
• For a Healthcare/pharmaceutical logistics supply chain industry, performed Business analysis and Project Quality assurance functions for a process-centric Lean Six-Sigma manufacturing System with integrated process and value stream mapping, defined Project Scope, Test protocols and supported integration of various Six Sigma process elements.
• Provided functional expertise and customization/configuration of Accounts Payable & Payroll Modules
• Established Quality systems best practices as per HIPPA regulations, Conducted risk Analysis, reviewed Design control validation documents.
• As a Business Analyst/ team leader, involved in organizing testing resources, planning tests, verified and assessed entry and exit criteria at System, Integration, and UAT phase.
• Monitored/Performed System testing, Functional testing, Integration, Regression and Performance /Stress testing to ensure that application is developed according to the business requirements.
• Used Compuware’s Track Record/QA run for testing and defect tracking.
• Used HIPAA compliance and performance of Drug Utilization Reviews (DURs) for contraindications and allergy checking.
Otis Elevators, New Zealand
Accounts Payable/Test Analyst 2/1995-6/1999
• Involved in testing the Customer Service and Billing application for Otis Elevator, NZ.
• Supported deregulation functionality
• Customized billing services to a Customer’s Personal preferences
• Provided summary/consolidated billing
• Managed customer information
• Coordinated customer billing and invoicing
• Processed online Payments – Payments are posted immediately, rather than waiting until the next day.
• Supported Learning Management Online
• Coordinated with the other existing systems in an integrated environment.