George L. Vaughn**** ********* *** *****
Waxahachie, Texas 75167 Residence: 972.***.****
Seeking an industrial engineer position using my experience in logistics and distribution.
Walgreens Company; Waxahachie, Texas; 2010-Present
• Direct and manage the full spectrum of Full Case ASRS operations as a manager at a $30 billion pharmaceutical/retail company.
• Measure and communicate productivity, accuracy, safety, and teamwork to the Team Members using databases and other production evaluating tools.
• Analyze production output reports and department budgets to determine adequate production rate standards.
• Cross-train and facilitate all operational duties in two unassigned departments including developing and overseeing operating budgets, negotiating deals with buyers, materials handling, and inventory control.
• Improve team production, department picking accuracy, and process improvement
G&T Truck Products; Farmersville, Texas; 2007-2010
• Provided engineering support in time and motion studies, standards development and implementation, facility layout, and project/capital justification.
• Performed time studies on direct and indirect labor to determine the most efficient sequence of operations and establish productive labor rates that support Operations.
• Established work measurement programs and analyzed work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
• Developed Ergonomic principles in the modification of workstations, and work methods to reduce fatigue and prevent discomfort and other work-related injuries.
• Analyzed space and capacity of facilities with current and forecasted volumes to determine utilization rates and recommend any necessary adjustments to footprint.
• Recommended management of the most effective utilization of manpower, materials, and facility.
• Consulted with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
The Schwan’s Food Company; Marshall, Minnesota; 2005-2007
• Developed engineered standards using direct measurement, standard data, pre-determined motion standard methods, manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
• Managed projects within the Supply Chain Engineering team, both corporate and field based; developing, coordinating, and ensuring on time completion of project schedules, and acting as a key communication link between the corporate and field based engineering teams.
• Evaluated and recommended a logical move plan for Red Baron Pizza and Hot Pockets for an annual transportation cost savings potential of $1.7MM.
• Designed, built, and improved order fulfillment infrastructure throughout the supply chain network.
Sara Lee Corporation; Winston-Salem, North Carolina; 1991-2004
Senior Industrial Engineer/Project Engineer/Plant Engineer
• Achieved direct labor savings of over $1 million annual per facility by developing engineered labor standards. Increased productivity by 21% by revamping the value-added casing operation.
• Achieved $6.5MM labor cost savings for vendors and $3.5MM sales increase for Sara Lee Direct Marketing Group by optimizing product flow between store back room & floor display using process improvement techniques, time study analysis, and identified root causes and performance gaps.
• Worked closely with consultants in the design, equipment selection, and start-up of a new $13MM, 740,000 sq. ft. automated distribution center with capacity to process and ship 10+ million dozens ($450 million) annually. Machinery and equipment include three automated storage and retrieval systems with a total of 30 ASR Machines.
• Coordinated the process of the site selection for the future Distribution Center. Managed project teams of internal and external associates that defined project's scope, business requirements, and creative vision, set deliverable, and kept project on schedule and within budget.
• Served as change agent, moving the company forward after the consolidation of four distribution centers. Led project to consolidate two Virginia DCs into a 790M sq. ft. facility and two Florida DCs into a 1.7MM sq. ft. facility.
• Designed and installed automated package sorting systems worth a combined $2.4 million dollars.
• Provided direction to ensure engineering and maintenance functions are in line with organizational objectives and focused on efficient use of resources and assets. Managed large capital projects and ensured all projects were managed and completed properly. Reviewed all projects for justifications of capital expenditures and ensured they are in line with master plan.
• Interfaced daily with operations on goal and performance. Analyzed problems and improvement opportunities. Specified and defined equipment, plant layouts, workstation designs, material flows to ensure excellent customer service.
• Developed guidelines and support procedures to ensure contractors followed safety, environmental, health, and good distribution practices on all capital projects. Provided guidance to drive programs through reporting procedures and record keeping requirements to ensure that all facilities and equipment complied with OSHA, EPA, Loss Prevention, and other regulatory standards and codes.
• Provided engineering support in textile manufacturing operations.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Texas Tech University; Lubbock, Texas
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology; Atlanta, Georgia
Logistics Professional Certification – Logistics Management
Logistics Supply Chain Software Tools
Trained in best strategies used for simulation optimization
Work Measurement, Labor and Capital Budgeting, Ergonomics, Hourly Job Evaluation & Wage Administration, Process Design, Logistics Network Strategy, Materials Handling Engineering, Process Engineering, Facility Layout, WMS - Pick Management System (PkMS), AutoCAD