**** ******* **., ********, ** ***** (408) ***-****
Lead engineer position in a technically aggressive and intellectually challenging environment.
• 8+ years of experience as a software development engineer designing, developing, maintaining web-based applications and IVR systems using object-oriented languages.
• Key Competencies: Web Development, Software Application Development, Object Oriented Design, System Design/Architecture, Post Development Operational Support Excellence.
• Comprehensive Knowledge and Experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Web Technologies: .NET, ASP.NET, HTML, ASP, XML, AJAX, PHP, SOAP
Platforms: Windows XP/2000/98/95/ NT, Mac OSX, DOS, Unix
Database: SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access, Oracle
Tools: Microsoft Office Suite, Exchange, CVS, SourceSafe
Reports: Crystal Reports
Travelzoo Inc. Mountain View, CA
Senior Web Application Engineer June2007-Nov 2008
Travelzoo Inc., a global Internet media company, publishes travel offers from various travel companies. Its publications include Travelzoo Web sites, the Travelzoo Top 20 email newsletter, and the Newsflash email product. The company also operates SuperSearch, a pay-per-click travel search engine.
• SuperSearch is a feature where customer can find travel, car rental and hotel deals based on cities and travel dates. I was engaged in design and developing various custom controls for this product. We are always in the process of adding new clients and going into new countries, therefore the design accommodated these requirements and was made generic so that adding new clients was configuration change and going into new countries was adding localized content as compared to making changes when new client or countries needed to be added on business request.
• Developed the ‘Deals Near You’ feature. We used Akamai or Maxmind APIs to get the location (city, state, zip, country etc.) of the customer and then used Google APIs to show travel deals on the map near the location of the customer.
• Developed Web services to fetch recommendations from different clients for SuperSearch ads based on customer selection of cities and travel dates. Used AJAX AutoComplete control for suggesting the city and airport name as the customer types.
• Designed and developed templates for different sweepstakes and competitions. The templates received localized data from the generic controls on the backend. This made it easy to create and localize sweepstakes and competitions.
• IT Tracker is an internal tool which is used by business and development team to request new projects, enhancements and tracking bug fixes. I played a key role in taking this product to the next level. It had some basic features but designed and developed multiple features so that this product can be opened to more departments. Features included different permissions based on roles defined for a user, notification emails based on status and priority of the tickets, way to create reports based on different criteria’s, tracking history of the ticket and more. IT tracker changes were well received and appreciated by business.
• Developed web controls for reporting tool to help marketing and sales people to generate reports. The report can be viewed on the web or exported in MS Excel or CSV format.
• Platform: Windows 2000/XP, ASP.NET, ASP, VB.NET, C#, ADO.NET, Java Script, AJAX, TSQL, SQL Server 2000/2005
Official Payments Corp. San Ramon, CA
Senior Software Engineer Sep 2003-June 2007
Official Payments process a wide range of payments including personal income taxes, business taxes, property and real state taxes, utility and education payments.
Responsible for application development:
• Design, develop and maintain the core engine for the IVR system which is responsible for taking simultaneous calls for payment processing.
• Designed, developed and implemented DLLs which support multiple languages like English, Spanish, Cantonese etc. for IVR system.
• Designed, developed and maintained online reporting tool for generating reports for finance department with option for downloading in multiple formats like excel, csv, flat files etc.
• Designed, developed and implemented monitoring system using web service model to monitor IVR systems and report any issues.
• Developed credit card authorization server which is responsible for authorizing credit cards.
• Production support for customer bureau and install systems.
• Platform: Windows 2000/XP, ASP.NET, SOAP, ASP, C#, ADO.NET, VB, Visual C++, SQL Server 2000/2005
Siemens Information Systems Limited Gurgaon, India
Software Engineer Jan 2000-Apr 2002
• Designed and developed a complete CTI solution for BTNL.
• Developed Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS), a soft phone for the customer care executive, report generator to generate various reports and administration utility to setup IVR system configuration.
• Enhanced Interactive voice response system and agent screen pop, ACD integration and web based application.
• Developed a user-friendly GUI tool for developing IVR application call flow. Tool has various action items using which we can design a call flow and can have functionalities like database query, incoming call, outgoing call, playing voice files etc.
• Redesigned the Request Server Module which take the requests from core engine and process them. The module initially could only handle MS Access requests but it was made generic to handle requests from any kind of database including Oracle, SQL Server and Fox Pro.
• Platform: Windows 95/2000, VB, Visual C++, C++, Java, MS Access, MS Excel, Oracle, Crystal Reports, Lotus Notes, SQL Server 2000
• Developed a telecom billing system in VB as a part of project in M.S. Final year.
• Developed MRP using Developer 2000 and Oracle as backend as a project in M.S. 1st year.
• M.S. in Computer Engineering 2000
• B.S. in Computer Engineering 1998
Similar ResumesCircuit Design Engineer
- sram, virtuoso, verilog, epic, l2, rtl, cmos, bit,...Staff IC Design Engineer / Program Manager
San Jose, CA
- pcie, sram, sata, fpga, signals, asic, verilog,...Sr Sharepoint Developer /.Net Developer
- caml, web solutions, sharepoint developer,...Software Engineer / Developer
San Jose, CA
- ixia, tacacs, virtuoso, l2, cro, logger, l3,...EE Engineer, Verilog, VLSI, verification, validation, dotnet, c/c++
San Jose, CA
- plsql, virtuoso, verilog, rtl, vlsi, bit, asic,...Asic,Vlsi,RTL Engiener
San Jose, CA
- plsql, rtl, verilog, asic, vlsi, ee, cmos, bit,...Product Marketing Manager
- semiconductors, microelectronics,...Recruiter
Santa Clara, CA
- hl7, sean, prefer, j2ee, dice, bioinformatics,...Graduate Research Student, RTL, ASIC design
San Jose, CA
- durgapur, sram, rtl, vlsi, vcs, fpga, asic,...Project Services Software Testing Network Service
- qos, mahindra, ss7, br, sip, quality analyst,...