DANIEL G. HARRISON678-***-**** ****
Waters Edge Trail | Roswell, GA 30075 firstname.lastname@example.org
Top-Performing Project Manager and Estimator with solid work ethic and extensive experience in residential, industrial, and commercial construction, remodeling, renovation, and historical restoration, material planning, and budget administration. Outstanding communication skills with capacity to interface with contractors and subcontractors, owners, foremen, laborers, suppliers, and other construction team members.
Deliver projects on time, within budget, and above client expectations. Thorough understanding of technical documents with dedication to quality craftsmanship, customer satisfaction, and regulatory compliance. Successful track record as business owner with proven abilities in hiring/recruiting, business development, and strategic planning. Strong background in construction Spanish. • Cost Estimation & Analysis
• Purchasing & Procurement
• Client Relationship Management
• Jobsite Safety
• Staff Training & Development
• Labor Management
• Scheduling & Logistics
• Bidding & Proposal Preparation
• Contract Negotiation
• Primavera Scheduling
• Microsoft Project & Office Suite
• Founded and managed D.G. Harrison Construction, building company from the ground up to staff of 25–30 with annual revenue of $3M–$5M; managed day-to-day operations, business development, estimating, scheduling, client relations, and project build-out and supervised Superintendent, Foremen, and as many as 3 crews of approximately 5 laborers.
• Developed lucrative and long-lasting relationship with The Winter Construction Company, Inc., managing numerous projects valued at up to $7M as subcontractor for Winter Environmental division.
• Served as primary contractor for First City Bank of Stockridge from 1994–2008, completing infrastructure projects for 36 residential subdivisions.
• Broad knowledge and extensive background in utilities removal (above and underground), selective demolition, and restoration of historical buildings with additional experience in mine reclamation and explosive ordnance disposal (EOD).
Harrison Construction Management | Roswell, GA 2010–Present
Owner & Project Manager
D.G. Harrison Construction | Bethlehem, PA; Hilton Head Island, SC; Atlanta, GA 1973–2011
Owner & Project Manager
Additional experience as Senior Technical Representative – Explosives for Hercules, Inc., Wilmington, DE
Sherwin Williams Paint Demolition, Morrow, GA (2010): Handled removal of inactive cooling tower with pumps for active paint manufacturing plant.
- Pulled down cooling tower by hand to protect membrane roof; delivered project on time with no additional damage to surrounding structure.
Jackson County Courthouse Restoration, Jefferson, GA (2009): Completed selective demolition and utilities removal as subcontractor for The Winter Construction Company, aiding in renovation and restoration of historical building from the early 1800s.
- Managed crew of 4 laborers and worked closely with Historical Society of Jackson County to ensure safety of original structure and adherence to standards for historical restoration.
City of Atlanta Housing Authority, Atlanta, GA (2009): Supported and oversaw multiple demolition and utilities removal projects, including:
- Jonesboro Road, Areas 1 and 2: Performed environmental demolition, removal of underground utilities, grading, restoration, and seeding; finished 6–8 month project on time.
- Antoine Graves Project: Completed underground utilities removal and supported implosion of 11-story building.
Flint River Pipeline, South GA (2007): Oversaw installation of 34 miles of 18”–48” diameter pipeline to replace pumped-storage system following construction of Georgia Power Dam, completing pipe in Griffin, GA.
- Managed 3 crews of 5 laborers; delivered project months ahead of schedule.
Indian Creek Landfill, DeKalb County, GA (1996): Served as subcontractor for Valleycrest Construction on landfill cell expansion project covering 17.5 acres and 8 levels of air space.
- Uncovered aquifer in SW end that required $700K change order; installed bentonite and rubber liners with approximately 18” of sand and utilized “burrito” method (wrapping liner around rock) to allow water to continue running through aquifer.
- Completed project early in spite of unforeseen complications and large change order.
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & AFFILIATIONS
B.B.A. in Finance | Oklahoma University, Norman, OK
Licensed General Contractor (#GC 1000125), Utility Contractor (#UC 301524), and Utilities Manager (#UM 001261) State of Georgia
OSHA 30-Hour Training
Member, General Contractors Association (G.C.A.)
Member, Utility Contractors Association (U.C.A.)
President, Housing and Economic Development Association (H.E.D.A.)