Pranav Prakash Baraskar** ***** ******, *******, **
14214 firstname.lastname@example.org (716) ***-****
Seeking an opportunity in a challenging work environment to improve my knowledge and gain practical experience.
• University at Buffalo, The State University of New York ,U.S.A
Master of Science in Industrial & Systems Engineering, December 2011
• K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai University, INDIA
Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering, August 2009
PAXCHEM LTD, JULY 2009-JANUARY 2010.
Graduate Trainee Engineer Intern
• Forecast production based on theory of constraints (TOC).
• Improve the flow of products and materials by decreasing cycle times and eliminating bottlenecks.
• Asses’ feasibility of reducing number of replenishment trucks to customer while staying within customer service levels and passing cost benefits to customer.
• Improve warehousing activities taking into consideration benchmarking like 5s and continuous improvement Kaizen.
• Experienced Import export Excise Invoice & customs clearance process at warehouse level.
• Improve material handling in the plants and warehouse.
Godrej & Boyce Mfg.Co.Ltd. May 2011-Aug-2011.
Supply Chain Management Intern
Used BAAN Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) modules
• Learnt and implemented ways for efficient allocation of materials generating transport order reducing backordering and no stock cases by 30%.
• Full Truck Load shipment preparation i.e. consolidating & planning trips.
• Design, implemented and controlled performance metrics based on parameters of cost, operational efficiency and transportation effectiveness, reducing lead time by 60-65 %.
• Analyze Trucks loaded as per truck load factor (TLF), formulated and implemented the corrective workflow with continuous reporting to top management with goal to of full truck load dispatch.
• Analyze warehouse-assembly plant interaction.
• Logistics Department Delivery performance analysis and implementation.
• Help in tremendous cost reduction through effective analysis & reduced truck detention by 60% saving 10000$ per year.
• Ensuring correct dispatch of shipment.
Production Planning and Control, Six Sigma, Quality Assurance, Design and Analysis of Experiments, Linear Programming,, Discrete Optimization, Logistics and Distribution Management, Supply Chain Design Modeling & Optimization, , Revenue Management.
• Sales Forecasting & Aggregate Planning for Ambience Aircon, August-December 2010
o Forecasted the demand for Air Handling Units manufactured by the company.
o Estimated Aggregate Planning using tools like Lindo & Excel Solver with application of Linear Programming.
• Optimal Thermal Insulating Material, August-December 2010
o Applied sample selection methods, ANOVA, Regression Analysis.
o Used tools Minitab & SPSS to obtain the results.
• Effective Complaint Management System for UB Facilities (Six Sigma), August-December 2010
o Applied Six Sigma DMAIC procedure to reduce the no of complaints.
o Used excel to sort and simplify the provided and surveyed data
o Applied ANOVA & Regression Analysis methods using the tool Minitab.
o Lead the Group of Six.
• Effect of ingredients & microwave power on the popping characteristics of popcorn(Quality Assurance),January-May 2011
o DMAIC Six-Sigma Solving Methodology
o Analysis with SPC, FMEA, Minitab GageR&R and Response surfaces & optimization.
o Applied Design and analysis of experiments DOE principles to find optimal combination.
Programming languages: C, C++, CPLEX
Package: Minitab, SPSS, Auto CAD, MS Office
• Men Single Runner-up University at Buffalo Lawn Tennis open spring 2011
• Represented Shivaji Park Gymkhana for three years as a team member for national level lawn tennis tournaments: 1. TATA SHIELD. 2. BELANI SHIELD.
• Have been an active member of MESA(Mechanical Engineering Students Associations)and SAE(Society o Automotive Engineers)