Logistics | Distribution | Operations | Supply Chain Professional
Free job posting
|DAVID S. BRINK
**** ******* **, ******* ****, IL 60014 (847) ***-****, firstname.lastname@example.org
DISTRIBUTION / LOGISTICS / SUPPLY CHAIN / OPERATIONS / PROFESSIONAL
Strategic professional offering 20 years of expertise and progressive accomplishments in operations, distribution, logistics, customer relations and facility automation, resulting in multi-million dollar cost reductions, increased profitability and surpassed customer expectations. Agent of change, committed to operational excellence through continuous improvement and building winning teams.
Misumi USA, Elk Grove Village, IL 2011 – Present
$1B Global ISO manufacturer specializing in the distribution of factory automation products.
Sr. Logistics Manager
Responsible for Lean multi-facility operations, distribution, management, transportation negotiations including budgeting, hiring, and continual process improvements, managing imports/brokerage, reporting directly to the President.
• Set up new D.C. in Los Angeles including layout, hiring, and equipment installation. Achieved target startup date.
• Expanded shifts and order processing time achieving a 99% same day shipping, surpassing customer expectations.
• Project lead for the implementation of C-TPAT to achieve reduction in U.S. Customs delays.
• Developed KPI’s for labor planning and analysis, order cycle time, process improvements and inventory accuracy.
Brink, LLC, Crystal Lake, IL 2010 – 2011
Independent Consultant/Project Management
Fidelitone Logistics, Wauconda, IL 2008 – 2010
$350M National 3PL with Fortune 500 client base specializing in product and parts distribution, reverse logistics, last mile delivery.
Director of Logistics
Managed and directed product distribution and fulfillment across multiple distribution centers totaling 500K sq. ft. with up to 250 employees, with over 5M annual package volume, responsible for budgeting, process improvements, customer compliance and on-boarding, efficient facility layout, ensuring all aspects of customer contractual agreements are surpassed including profit and loss accountability, reporting directly to the Executive Vice President of Supply Chain.
• Implemented warehouse labor standards, KPI metrics, velocity reporting and Kanban system resulting in a $1.2 million-dollar reduction in labor cost in less than 24- months.
• Achieved 50% reduction in order cycle surpassing customer contractual agreements while improving order accuracy to 99.89%.
• Achieved a 400% reduction in dock to stock time allowing for a $2-million dollar reduction in inventories in the supply chain.
• Implemented Labor Management software, optimizing labor efficiencies and utilization.
• Developed formal safety program throughout multiple facilities resulting in a 60% reduction in OSHA recordable injuries.
• Worked with the executive team in defining new customer warehousing and distribution requirements including developing cost analysis response to RFQ’s, working closely with IT to achieve system requirements and customer onboarding.
• Introduced activity based budgeting, which resulted in accurately forecasting labor, space and supply requirements.
• Implemented DOT compliance program for new asset based acquisition.
• Drove accountability through Lean methodology and process improvement, cross-training and implementation of SOP’s.
TouchTunes Corporation, Lake Zurich, IL 2004 – 2007
$100M Jukebox Manufacturer and delivery of music content to the coin operating industry within U.S. & Canadian markets.
Director of Operations
Responsible for U.S. operations, managing inventory, warehousing, logistics and distribution, procurement, supply chain, customer call-center, supplier and transportation negotiations, product warranty, 3PL relation and reverse logistics.
• Developed and implemented product warranty policy resulting in $1 million-dollar annual cost savings while simultaneously increasing gross sales of replacement components by over $600K.
• Improve supply chain performance, cross-docking opportunities achieving a 25% reduction in cycle time of product to end users.
• Negotiated transportation brokerage, resulting in annual savings of $300K and improved delivery on TL.
• Expanded technical support to provide 24-7 coverage, helping sales increase client base by 141% in 36 months.
• Improved technical support response time, reduced caller hold time by over 90%, offering web based FAQ’s to client base.
• Planned facility relocation to meet expanding business needs, ensuring transparent disruption to customers during the process.
• Increased shipping performance by over 184% through Lean concepts and process improvement.
• Developed inventory reorder points and min/max levels within the WMS/ERP, which increased customer satisfaction while successfully reducing overall inventory throughout the supply chain.
Omron Corporation, St. Charles, IL 1988 – 2004
$5B Electronics manufacturer serving Fortune 500-client base in healthcare, automotive and control component products.
Accountable for the overall management, customer compliance, cost control, budgeting, process improvement, supplier negotiations, transportation, cross-docking, warehousing, inventory management on $75 million dollars in inventory and distribution of products throughout North and South America supporting divisional sales of $250 million. Managed 100k sq ft facility and up to 70 people.
• Appointment of Divisional Project Manager for a new Tier 1 ERP/WMS implementation (J.D. Edwards / ORACLE). Responsible process mapping existing procedures with gap analysis for developing best business practices, reporting directly to the executive committee.
• Implemented RF technology for processing incoming materials from manufacturers resulting in an 80% improvement in throughput along with increased accuracy.
• Developed method within ERP/WMS for order release predicated on transit times. This resulted in a 100% improvement in customer satisfaction and strict adherence to customer delivery mandates.
• Introduced method of tracking employee accuracy and productivity within ERP/WMS. This has been instrumental as a means of benchmarking and improving employee efficiencies.
• Introduced 24-hour, 7-day emergency logistic capability to meet the needs of a rapidly expanding business. This has been critical in securing new accounts.
• Through the implementation of new methodologies and automation, achieved over a 50% increase in productivity while simultaneously absorbing an 8% increase in sales related activity.
• Project manager for several facility expansions and relocations including contractor negotiations, engineering layout, and equipment requirements. As Project Manager, I was able to optimize space and labor efficiencies.
• Implemented company-wide method of “driving to resolution” customer reported shipment irregularities. This allowed for quick ISO response and tracking of customer complaints with root cause corrective action, resulting in improved quality performance.
• Instituted lease labor program resulting in a 16% reduction in payroll costs, allowing for greater scalability while simultaneously reducing company expense and carrying cost.
Bachelor of Science in Business / Global Business Management
University of Phoenix, Schaumburg, IL (summer2012)
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification of Achievement (SSGB), Villanova University, 2008
Effective Decision Making / Foreign Corporate Relations / Increasing Personal Effectiveness / Time Management
Leadership Skills for Managers / Finance for Non-Financial Managers, Loyola University, Schaumburg, IL, 1994
Distribution, Logistics, Supply Chain, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Transportation Negotiations, Facility Design Reengineering, KPI Development, Warehouse Management Systems, Labor Management, Lean, Process improvement
WERC - Warehouse and Education Research Council / SCM – Supply Chain Management Practitioners
SCN – Third Party Logistics / APICS – The Association for Operations Management / 3PL – Professionals
LOS – Chicago Area Logistics, Operations, and Supply Chain Professionals / RLA – Reverse Logistics Association / CSCMP – Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals–
Similar ResumesSenior Supply Chain/Logistics/Distribution Manager
Lakeland, TN - combat, desert, civil engineer, air force,...Marketing Customer Data Engineer Experience Analyst
Dallas, TX - sas, samples, engineer, thermal, sap, programmer,...Electrical Engineer
Canada, Edmonton, AB - philippines, quezon, quezon city,...Inventory Planner
Des Plaines, IL - kanban, colombia, cnc, ensure, planner, brake,...Customer Service Project Manager Supply Chain
Chicago, IL - division manager, asset management,...Marketing and Business Development Manager
Glenview, IL - dental, pipeline, content, spa,...Supply Chain Executive: Procurement, Inventory & Supplier Management
Lake Forest, IL - edi, supply chain, chain, tulsa, coca cola, supply,...Safety, NCSO, Red Seal Electrician
Canada, Red Deer, AB - control room, h2s, service tech,...Electrical Service Maintenance Supervisor Construction
Canada, Wetaskiwin - electrician, rig, drilling, indonesia, electrical,...Maintenance Manager / Electrical Engineer
Canada, Edmonton - electrician, plc, electrical, journeyman,...