Champaign, Ill. 61822
B.S., Journalism and B.A., Political Science, Olivet Nazarene University – Bourbonnais, Ill. (August 2008)
Washington Journalism Center semester study program – Washington, D.C. (Spring 2007)
M.S. Journalism, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – Champaign, Ill. (August 2011)
Lambda Pi Eta, Communication Department Honor Society
Pi Sigma Alpha, Political Science Department Honor Society
Dean’s List for Academic Excellence every semester
Olivet Nazarene University Presidential Scholarship
Who’s Who Among American College Students
CampusCrime.net contributor, Winner of the 2010 Society of Professional Journalists Mark of Excellence
University Housing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (September – January 2011)
• Media Communications Specialist
Department of Journalism, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (August 2010 – May 2011)
• Teaching Assistant
• Taught a discussion section of JOUR 200, Intro to Journalism
Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, Urbana, Ill. (August 2010 – August 2011)
• Patron Services Graduate Assistant
The News-Gazette, Champaign, Ill. (February 2010 – present)
• Savoy correspondent
• Cover village board and planning commission meetings
• Contribute videos for website on various events in the Champaign-Urbana community
Judah Christian School, Champaign, Ill. (March 2010 – May 2010)
• English teacher
• Taught British and American literature, communications studies to grades 10-12
• Faculty advisor to student newspaper
Champaign Unit 4 School District, Champaign, Ill. (January 2009 – March 2010)
• Substitute teacher
Community Concierge, Champaign, Ill. (June 2007 – October 2008)
• Freelance writer
• Wrote business pieces for city guide magazine
The Washington Times, Washington, D.C. (January – April 2007)
• Business Desk reporter – intern
• Wrote articles pertaining to local and national business in Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area
• Experience interviewing top level corporate executives
Communications Department, Olivet Nazarene University (August – December 2006)
• Teaching Assistant
• Assisted in teaching a section of COMM 342, Persuasion and Media Influence
Advanced knowledge of InDesign, Final Cut Pro, Sitecore and FileMaker Pro
American English teacher w/TESOL 5 years experience
Guatemala, Guatemala City, Guatemala - english teacher, english, teacher, de, civil, gt,...
Canada, Vancouver, BC - english teacher, teacher, resources assistant,...
English Teacher School
India - english teacher, teacher, english, grade, telugu,...
English Teacher Supervisor
China, Shanghai, Shanghai - english teacher, cameroon, teacher, cdc, english,...
Serbia, Niš - english teacher, teacher, english, applying, dear,...
China, Shanghai, Shanghai - english teacher, teacher, teaching, english, matt,...
English Teacher Training
Spain, Madrid, Community of Madrid - english teacher, teacher, sep, english,...