Project Manager, Safety Manager, Site Safety Supervisor
|Timothy D. Lyons
***** **** ***** *****
Madison, AL 35756
256-***-****(C) / 256-***-****(H)
SUMMARY: Seasoned Manufacturing Manager with over thirty years of industrial plant and facilities experience spanning a broad range of plant processes, products, and businesses at plant, division and corporate level responsibility. Competencies include plant production management, maintenance, facilities, quality, safety & health, and employee productivity & continuous improvement:
Extensive Safety & Health Management experience spanning construction, manufacturing,
and commercial sites, plants and facilities.
Numerous Manufacturing, Quality, Safety, ISO, OSHA and government compliance training programs and certifications
Significant Safety Program experience with Curriculum Development, Implementation, Training & Accountability, Audit, Compliance, and Reporting
Two Senior Technical Process & Management Development International Exchange Programs in JAPAN. Onsite Training at several benchmark Japanese Manufacturing plants.
Plant and Facility Construction, Multiple New Plant Start-Up, Debug, and Operations Management.
Corporate Safety Manager: International Fire Protection - Madison, AL (08/08 – 8/11)
• Manage all aspects of corporate-wide safety.
• Responsible for facilities audits, compliance, and reporting.
• Developed and implemented company-wide employee OSHA, Safety Training programs.
• Manage Workman’s Compensation claims, OSHA logs and compliance.
• Lean and Steps programs
• Key Resource for on-site contractors training, compliance, and reporting.
• Handle all aspects of accident / incident investigation and successful remediation.
• Responsible for Safety Program cost controls and loss mitigation.
Industrial Safety Manager: Turner Universal Construction – Huntsville, AL(08/06-07/08)
• Developed Safety Plan and Safety Manual for the Industrial Maintenance Group.
• Provided safety and health training to the Industrial Maintenance Team.
• Routinely met with potential and existing clients/supervisors/management.
Project Safety Manager: Turner Universal Construction - Oakridge Tn (08/06-08/07)
(Turner Universal’s largest project with budget of $150 million dollars)
• Supervised and developed safety program for over 450 to 800 contractors on two different job sites in Oakridge, TN at the BWXT Y-12 Department of Energy.
• Implemented safety programs that reduced accident / incident rate by 50% in five months
• Coordinated CCIP
• Conducted new hire orientation, monitor pre-screen drug programs.
• Participated in job hazard analysis and pre-planning tasks.
• Managed day-to-day safety duties which included safety walkthroughs and audits, OSHA compliance and reporting, OSHA practices & guidelines, employee reviews, safety training, budget, supplies, safety performance tracking and reporting.
• Key Resource for all communications and corrective actions with employees, management, medical personnel, insurance companies to effectively control accident / injury / incident costs.
Safety Supervisor: Daikin America - Decatur, AL (11/92-8/06)
• Developed and implemented health and safety programs for over 300 employees that increased proficiency in safe work practices and reduced plant accident / incident / injury costs.
• I & I rate less than 1 for last three years.
• Zero lost work days for last three years, which resulted in decreased Workman’s Comp Costs.
• Developed and implemented contractor safety training program.
• Leader and trainer of Emergency Response program.
• Key Company Interface with local agencies, such as Police, Fire Department and Emergency Management agencies, surrounding industries, Insurance and OSHA etc…
• Conducted plant safety audits, inspections, and ensured corrective actions and compliance.
• Managed fire detection and suppression systems.
Plant Utility Supervisor:
• Managed Plant Utilities Function. Supervised Utilities Maintenance Employees
• Planned and prepared work schedules, ordered raw materials, kept time records and performed employee evaluations.
• Key Resource for plant certifications process for ISO 14001 and 9002 certification.
Manufacturing Supervisor: Takeda Chemical Products, USA - Wilmington, NC (6/88-11/92)
• Supervised and directed new plant start-up and operation in the production of Vitamin C.
• Planned and prepared work schedules, time records, employee evaluations and record keeping.
• Worked closely with Japanese technical staff maintaining strict quality and process control.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
Texas Engineering Extension - San Antonio, TX.
• OSHA 501 Trainer General Industry
• OSHA 500 Trainer for Construction
East Carolina University – Greenville, NC
• Hazmat and HazWOP Technician
National Safety Council
• POSH, Safety Management Techniques & Safety
• Safety Training Techniques
• Radiation Safety Officer
• Fire Systems, Trained on multiple systems
• Interactive Management Trainer
• Supervision and Management Trainer
Texas A & M - College Station, TX
• Industrial Fire Fighter
• HAZMAT Technician
• Incident Command
Takeda Production Management – Industrial Production Training Program – Onsite Hikari , Japan
(Takeda’s International Exchange Training for Technical & Cultural Assimilation for Management)
• On-site Plant Technical Process Certification
• Production Management & Task Force Leadership Training & Certification
• Wilmington Plant Start-Up Operations
Daikin America Technical & Management Development Program – Onsite Osaka, Japan
(Daikin America’s International Management Program at various Japanese Plants)
• On-site Plant Technical Process Certification
• Lean Manufacturing and Total Quality Management
• Technical Leadership Training, Coaching, and Employee Development
• New Plant Start-Up Operations
Similar ResumesInjection Molding engineer
AL - molding, injection, injection molding, engineer,...Manager Nurse Customer Service Home Health Experience
Dallas, TX - nurse case manager, nurse case, lvn, telemetry,...Histologist/ Histotechnician
Orlando, FL - histologist, histotechnician, histology, ascp,...My Resume
Lanett, AL - inspector, welder, michigan, housekeeper, packer,...Customer Service Administrative Assistant High School
AL - computer software, bookkeeper, cashiers,...Customer Service Management Technician Office
Prattville, AL - sitter, sonic, private duty, handled, others,...None
Lanett, AL - therapy, rehab, al, allen, posting, receptionist,...Customer Service Administrative Assistant Data Entry
Coosada, AL - whitney, mainframe, edwards, alabama, counter,...Medical Customer Service Assistant Specialist
Columbus, GA - nurse, ky, hospital, common, surgical, army,...Entry Level Customer Service
Columbus, GA - genuine, operators, courier, providing, agent,...