**** ** ********* ****, **** St. Lucie, Florida
Objective Seeking a challenging position with a growing company to utilize my knowledge and experience.
Experience QUALITY CONTROL DIRECTOR
(July 1999 to Oct. 2008) Mueller Industries, Inc., Fort Pierce, FL/ Colonial Eng
Supervise department of five inspectors. Establish workload, schedules and training. Serve as management contract for the regulatory agency National Sanitary Foundation. Facilitate teamwork between departments.
Skilled in the use of calipers, micrometers, and working from blue prints.
Work with all levels of associates (toolmakers, designers, set-up processors, and quality inspectors) to ensure quality products and cost-saving procedures.
Research and present a precursor quality manual for ISO 9000 certification.
Answer customer issues and quality deviations. Implement corrective actions and solutions.
(1988 to July 1999 and 1974-1977) Colonial Eng, Inc., Fort Pierce, FL
Hands-on supervision of 22 molding machines (250T to 1000T). Train employees in safe and effective operations of molding machines. Responsible for all phases of manufacturing from raw materials to finished product. Troubleshoot injection-molding process and perform light maintenance.
(1981 – 1988) Self-Employed, Port St. Lucie, FL
Configuration and drawing of roof truss systems for residential homes.
(1979-1981) Ampex Corporation, Magnetic Tape Division, Opelika, AL
Oversaw the operation of 35 injection molding machines (100T to 750T). Supervised a staff of sixty employees. Directly responsible for quality control, scheduling, training and labor distribution.
(1977 – 1979) Nibco of Atlanta, Greensboro, GA
Operations manager for injection molding department. Directly responsible for quality control, trouble-shooting processing and order expediting.
(1964 – 1969) National Cash Register, Dayton, OH
Responsible for compiling test data on injection molding of new or unusual plastic materials. Research and development with new types of plastic processing. ASTM testing and evaluation of prototype parts.
Education Tri-State College, 1962 – 1964
Major: Business Engineering
University of Dayton, 1965- 1966
Major: Industrial Engineering
School of Plastic Technology, 1968
SPE Certificate of Achievement
OSHA and EOE training
45 seminar hours of Interaction Management: an in-depth training involving improving employee performance, work habits, utilizing effective disciplinary action, handling employee complaints and delegating responsibilities.
Computer Skills Microsoft Office Application
Professional Societies Society of Plastics Engineers
Similar ResumesCertified Welding Inspector
idaho falls, ID
- cwi, nqa, radiographer, welding inspector, rails,...Electrical Engineer
- allegro, buck, embedded, java, electrical engineer,...mechanical design, maintenance, manufacturing support, mechanical eng
san jose, CA
- pcb designer, photolithography, 3070, 70k, quartz,...Quality Manager
- forging, compounding, cnc, 8d, 16949, ts, grad,...Engineer Engineering Manager Sales Customer Design
St Clair, MI
- blackbelt, assy, seam, engineering design,...Experienced Lead Operator
- ethylene, polymers, dcs, vo, porter, confined,...Toolmaker/Machinist Supervisor
- toolmaker, machinist, steels, edm, cnc, tig, mold,...ARNP
- clincal, arnp, fnp, bsn, surg, rn, nurse manager,...Manager Equipment Systems System Health Welding
- pedicure, rain, hvac, diesel, spa, gym, 50k,...wenzhong wu
- hydroxyapatite, product development engineer, e2,...