NAME: SAMUEL ESSILFIE**
TH AUGUST, ****
DATE OF BIRTH:
MARITAL STATUS: MARRIED
ADDRESS: P.O BOX AN 10735, ACCRA - NORTH
MOBILE NUMBER: 00233501281011/00233249461994
To pursue a career in a national or multinational organization where my core competencies
will be enhanced, while contributing to its success story
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
1. Troubleshooting, Problem Solving and Failure Analysis.
2. Hydraulics, Machine Electrical and Electronic Systems and Diagnosis with
schematic diagrams, diagnostic tooling and software’s.
3. Machinery and related components (Diesel Engines, Powershift Transmissions,
Torque Converters, Steering Clutches and Brakes, etc).
4. Product Performance Analysis and Recommended Actions.
1. Service Operations
2. Training and Development
3. Planning and Budgeting
4. Effective Supervision
5. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point & MS Project) and Enterprise
6. Innovation (continuous improvement)
7. Maintenance Management
MARCH 2010 TO DATE: J.A. PLANT POOL GH. LTD, ACCRA
(Dealer in Chinese products including Yutong Buses, Sinotruck Tipper Trucks, XCMG,
Yutong Heavy, Zoomlion, Shantui & HBXG Earth Moving Equipment)
Position: EARTH MOVING AND HEAVY DUTY EQUIPMENT WORKSHOP MANAGER
To provide product support services for all equipments sold into the African Market and report
on operations to the Managing Director.
1. Policy formulation on the repair and maintenance of Equipment.
2. To plan and budget for the operations of the service department.
3. To manage all service contracts both locally and internationally for the company.
4. To prepare job schedules for the purposes of achieving a set maintenance and
5. To supervise all major repairs and ensure their early completion.
6. To analyze product performance and provide technical advice for product
7. To undertake continuous and periodic appraisal for all workshop staff and clearly
outline their training needs.
8. To build and sustain a link as the main technical contact for the depa rtment and
ensure the highest level of satisfaction with the after sales services.
9. To advise the spare parts department of the spare parts needs of the service
10. To cost all services rendered to customers by the service department.
11. To prepare and analyze departments’ technical reports and financial performance.
12. To provide technical support and training for Clients and Service Technicians.
13. To coordinate the service activities of all service centers locally and internationally
and ensure performance targets are achieved.
14. To submit monthly reports on operations to the Managing Director.
SEPTEMBER 2007 TO FEBRUARY 2010: MANTRAC GHANA LTD, TARKWA BRANCH.
(Sole dealer of Caterpillar equipments in Ghana)
POSITION: FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (ASSISTANT MANAGER)
Hands-on Engineer providing product support services (both mechanical and
electrical/electronic) to customers Equipments and report to the Service Manager
1. Troubleshooting and resolving technical problems on Caterpillar Generators and Earth
Moving Equipments (Dozers, Excavators, Graders, Dump Trucks (773F, 777D, 785C),
Wheel Loader, etc) with specialized tools including Caterpillar Electronic Technician,
Engine Blowby Test Tooling, etc.
2. Repair/Overhauling of Diesel Engines and Power Train Components (Powershift
transmissions, torque converters, final drives, etc).
3. Preventive Maintenance for Generators and Earth Moving Equipments.
4. Assembly and Pre-delivery inspection for Caterpillar Equipments brought into the
5. Repair Caterpillar Undercarriage Components.
6. Failure Analysis and Technical Report Writing.
AUGUST 2006- SEPTEMBER 2007: MANTRAC GHANA LTD, ACCRA & KUMASI.
(Sole dealer of Caterpillar equipments in Ghana)
POSITION: TRAINEE ENGINEER
1. Repair/Overhauling of Diesel Engines and Power Train Components.
2. Preventive Maintenance of Generators and Earth Moving Equipments.
3. Troubleshooting and resolving technical problems on Caterpillar Generators and
Earth Moving Equipments
4. Assembly and Pre-delivery inspection of Caterpillar Equipments brought into the
5. Technical Report Writing.
2010-2013: W ISCONSIN INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, LEGON, GHANA.
Master of Business Administration MBA (Project Management)
Currently working on my project
2002-2006: KWAME NKRUMAH UNIV. OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, KUMASI, GHANA.
Bachelor of Science, BSc. Mechanical Engineering (hons)
1999-2001: MFANTSIPIM SCHOOL, CAPE COAST, GHANA.
Senior Secondary School Certificate
1995-1998: GREENHILL INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, ACCRA, GHANA.
Basic Education Certificate
1. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Project
2. AutoCAD and Solid Edge Software
3. Caterpillar Service Information System (SIS), Vital Information Monitoring System
(VIMS) and Electronic Technician (ET)
4. Auto Wares Software
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
1. Basic Engines, Hydraulics and Electricals, Mantrac Ghana Ltd.
2. Basic Troubleshooting Techniques, Mantrac Ghana Ltd.
3. Caterpillar HEUI/EUI Fuel system, Mantrac Ghana Ltd.
4. Machine Systems Training, Mantrac Ghana Ltd.
5. E-series Backhoe Loaders, Mantrac Ghana Ltd.
6. Power Generation System of Caterpillar Generator sets, Mantrac Ghana Ltd.
7. 300D Series, 365C & 385C Hydraulic Excavator’s, Mantrac Ghana Ltd.
8. 950-972G and H series Medium Wheel Loaders, Mantrac Ghana Ltd.
9. Caterpillar Electronic Technician and Service Information System, Ma ntrac Ghana Ltd.
10. Product training at XCMG, HBXG, Zoomlion China, Shantui and Yutong Heavy
11. Budgeting for Senior Managers, J.A Plant Pool Ghana Limited.
12. Effective Supervision for Managers, organised by JOSPONG Group Corporate office
at African Regent Hotel.
13. Change Management for Managers, organised by JOSPONG Group Corporate office
at the Airport West Hotel.
14. Performance Management for Senior Managers, organised by JOSPONG Group
Corporate office at African Regent Hotel.
1. Mr. Kingsley Amoako
J.A Plant Pool Ghana Limited
Internal Audit Manager
Mobile Number: 00233501281012
2. Mr Samuel Ahenkora
J.A Hiring Ghana Limited
Mobile Number: 00233244202349