For the attention of: The Personnel Manager
I am writing to outline my invaluable experience and successful track record in the organization and planning of
events. I believe I possess the skills, qualifications and vital experience necessary to make a very significant
contribution to your organization.
I currently am employed as an Event Coordinator with Simply Green Unique Events. I successfully assisted to
coordinate a charity fashion show and exhibition and am starting to work on a health and beauty tradeshow.
Over the last year and a half, I have gained a wealth of experience in the management of events, including in a
voluntary capacity a product launch for the Samsung Galaxy SIII, a golf tournament for Toronto West Golf, and
a fashion show for Akwaba Cultural Exchange.
In academic terms, I successfully completed a Certificate in Event Management with a 97% GPA through
Humber College, having previously achieved a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology. I am currently working towards
obtaining my CMP.
I am now looking for a challenging new position and am confident that I will be a valuable asset to your
organization. My key qualities include my outstanding organizational skills used to meticulously control
resources and budgets throughout the event lifecycle. I pride myself on my excellent communication skills used
to engage with event attendees, sponsors and colleagues alike.
Please do not hesitate to call me on 647-***-**** so we can arrange an interview to discuss my application in
Professional Profile & Objective
An enthusiastic, energetic and extremely hard-working professional with invaluable experience gained in the
end-to-end management of successful events. Meticulous and well-organized, effectively controlling resources
and budgets to ensure that deadlines and objectives are achieved. Committed to providing outstanding service at
all times, utilizing exceptional communication skills to build rapport with clients, suppliers and colleagues alike.
A strong and supportive team player and leader who thrives in highly pressurized and challenging working
Currently looking for a new and suitably challenging position in the events industry, one which will make best
use of existing skills, qualifications and experience whilst enabling further personal and professional
July 2013 to date SIMPLY GREEN UNIQUE EVENTS INC.
• Overall Event Management on event day
• All aspects of Volunteer Management
• Successful in maintaining budget
• Site inspections
• Developing floorplans - ensuring proper traffic flow and maintaining sight lines.
• Social media marketing
• Securing sponsorship & vendors and overall Sponsorship/Vendor Management
• Development of Media Kits and securing media sponsors
• Graphic design (programs, flyers, floor plans, sineage, etc.)
March 2011 to May 2013 CAKE DREAMZ
Owner & CEO
• Establishing and managing a successful business specializing in the design and creative development of
3D and custom cakes for all occasions
• Managing client relationships, ensuring a full understanding of budgets and requirements while
producing consistently high quality cakes accordingly
Career Summary continued Zayba Ramoutar
September 2012 - May 2013 SEACRET DIRECT
Seacret Sales Agent
• Playing a pivotal role in planning and organizing highly successful special events aimed at
promoting and selling products
• Responsible for researching and securing a suitable venue, purchasing refreshments and maintaining
event budgets as well as preparing swag bags for guests
• Utilizing exceptional communication skills to effectively build rapport with a diverse range of clients
• Managing the recruitment and selection of new Sales Agents and maintaining high levels of morale
and motivation in order to boost retention and performance
2005 & 2006 summers NACEL
• Teaching basic English reading, writing and comprehension to overseas students as well as
organizing and supervising a range of daily excursions and activities
April 2002 - February 2005 RBC INSURANCE
Client Escalations Representative
• Conducting thorough investigations into any escalated client complaints and ensuring their prompt
and appropriate resolution
• Deputizing in the absence of the Supervisor involving increased responsibility for the supervision
of the staff
• Coordinating the activities of new members of staff and identifying and meeting their training and
• Carrying out general administrative duties including preparing correspondence and forms and
responding to requests received via telephone, mail, fax or email
September 2000- April 2002 INVESTORS GROUP
Office Manager / Financial Assistant
• Managed all aspects of the Milton office for two Financial Advisors including coordinating client
appointments, as well as internal and external meetings and events
• Ensured all financial transactions and documentation were completed before submission
May 2012 to date TORONTO WEST GOLF
Sponsorship Coordinator/Events Assistant
• Creating and maintaining all contacts in an Access database
• Procuring and securing monetary and in-kind sponsorship/donations
• Creating welcome bags and swag bags
• Site inspections
• General program coordination day of event
Voluntary Work continued Zayba Ramoutar
May 2012 to date AKWABA CULTURAL EXCHANGE / FASHION ELEGANCE
Program Coordinator - Fashion Show
• Recruit, interview and select Designers and volunteers
• Assign volunteers to services on the basis of programming needs and volunteers' interests and skills
• Plan and supervise ongoing program of all Designers and volunteer services.
• Design and conduct the orientation and training of volunteers
October 2012 - April 2013 WOMEN AT THE CENTRE
Outsourced Event Manager
• Playing a key role in planning and organizing an anti-bullying walk-a-thon for approximately 500-
• Successfully researching crucial corporate sponsorship for the event having created an innovative
package for monetary donations and written correspondence for in-kind sponsorships
• Producing critical paths, function sheets and press releases
• Sourcing and procuring food and beverage and print materials whilst maintaining awareness of
May 2012 - June 2012 SAMSUNG
• Actively involved in the product launch for the Samsung Galaxy SIII including initial site
inspection and subsequent setup of the event and signage
• Greeting and registering guests upon their arrival and assembling and distributing swag bags
Education and Qualifications
Certificate: Event Management (2013), Humber College
Concentration: Corporate Events, Sponsorship and Fundraising
Bachelor of Arts: Sociology (2000), McMaster University
Concentration: Gender and Race Relations, Deviant Behaviour
Languages: Fluent in English, Urdu and Hindi
IT Proficiency: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
Organizing a variety of events for friends and family including birthday parties (up to 100 guests), baby showers
(up to 45 guests), christening reception (250 guests) and anniversary parties (up to 100 guests)
Mechanical Design Engineer
Canada, Brampton, ON - catia, v5, sheet metal, rig, metal, catia v5,...
Canada, Brampton, ON - keeper, stamping, adp, 16949, erp,...
Canada, Brampton, ON - elevator, drawings, metal, engineering manager,...
Account Management, Client Services Manager
Canada, Brampton, ON - es, medium, 1997, beauty, packaging, football,...
Canada, Brampton, ON - electrical engineer, bradley, plc, rs, singh,...
Customer Service Sales
Canada, Brampton, ON - merchandiser, salesman, dairy, supermarket, sold,...
Canada, Brampton, ON - dhabi, abu, area sales, telesales, franchise,...