Address: **** **** *** ******
Phone: (860) ***-****
Skill Level: Management
Salary Range: $120,000
Job History / Details:
JAMES R. BOURDEAU
1315 Deer Run Circle Cheshire CT 06410
Phone 860.***.**** Fax 203.***.**** Email **********@***.***
Bright & exuberant leader looking for a new challenge. Expertise in working effectively with others toward a common goal; broad multi- faceted experience (family owned business - small physician group - large physician group - national corporate environment) provides a unique perspective towards management of any healthcare organization; strengths in the management disciplines of Contracting, Finance, Administration and Healthcare IT.
9/07 -1/13 CRESCENT STREET OB-GYN LLC, Middletown, CT
Reporting directly to the Founding Physician; responsible for daily operations of small group practice consisting of initially 3 Physicians, hired 4th Physicians as of 9/08, 30 Employees, 3 Locations and $4 M Net Revenue. As of July 2011 reported to a 4 Partner LLC (Composed on Founding Physician and the new Partner Physicians)
* Budget Analysis: In conjunction with outside accounting firm and inside bookkeeper, prepared CY08 Budget within 60 days of being hired. 1st Budget that was done in 2 Years. Monitored budget throughout the year. Have successfully implemented an annual budget each year thru the present time.
* Physician Recruitment: Worked in conjunction with several recruiting firms and ultimately secured services of new physician based on cold call inquiry. Successfully negotiated contract and compensation package with new physician.
* Corporate Stability: Entered position where my immediate predecessor had changed the practices: Lawyer, Accountant, 401K Administrator, Practice Management Software, Insurance Plan and Phone System over the previous 18 months. In the first year worked in conjunction with management team to establish a systematic process to review what vendor relationships were working and what need to be addressed. During the 1st year time we increased the Net Income by 74% and reduced the short term debt (Credit Line) from $104 K to $0K.
* Data Analysis: Worked with staff members to maximize reporting capabilities of existing Practice Management Software. Instituted review of KPI`s (Key Performance Indicators) Introduced data review to existing weekly management meeting.
* EMR/Healthcare IT: Chaired a project management team with Head Nurse and the Physician Representative. We switched from existing PM as of 3/12/12, we went live with clinical backend of new system as of 9/17/12. We have upgraded all the PC`s, Server and Wireless Access Points.
* Partnership: Worked in conjunction with Outside Counsel & our Accounting firm on Partnership Contract. Completed Partnership as of July 2011. Working on revised corporate governance issues with new partnership.
4/03 - 5/07 MEDICAL ONCOLOGY & HEMATOLOGY, Woodbridge CT
Reported directly to the CEO; responsible for daily operations of large group practice consisting of 21 Physicians, 190 Employees, 8 Locations and $60 M Net Revenue.
* Financial Reporting: In conjunction with the CEO and outside accounting firm, developed standard monthly reports to present to Partners on Finance Committee; used weekly Key Performance Indicators to monitor performance and correct deficient areas.
* Data Analysis: Worked with staff to introduce concept of -data mining-; process allowed management team to have easier access to a greater set of data this made ad hoc/one time report requests easier to produce; managed conversion process to sequel servers merging data from multiple systems to one platform and provide seamless data reporting system.
* Project Management: Point of contact with COO on construction of two new office spaces accounting for clinical need to maximize space while still maintaining basic construction requirements for IT and other administrative infrastructure; used new technology (Wireless) and work flow design to maximize efficiency.
* IT Management: Reworked contracts of existing vendors upgrading network architecture to provide redundant data backup within current cost structures; worked with IT staff on transition of internal requests to a -help desk- process allowing requests to be appropriately triaged and prioritized to internal staff or outside vendors.
* EMR Project Team: Member of senior management team to evaluate multiple vendors, perform due diligence, select and implement best EMR vendor; post-implementation at one site worked with vendor on process improvements at local and national levels; communicated on-going system and performance issues to the Partnership Committee as they evaluated continued roll out of product.. Made recommendation to delay further implementation/termination of contract based on system issues.
11/94 - 4/03 AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE, New Haven, CT
A/R Senior Manager - Non Government Billing (6/99 - 4/03)
* Member of divisional A/R Management Team responsible for +/- 110 employees (4-person management team each overseeing 24-38 staff line positions). Responsible for coordination between Operations, Finance, Marketing and Patient Business Services; instituted plans and process to prevent erosion of cash position.
* In addition to System Administrator Duties, worked on national project team to develop common practices through out multiple sites and locations. National Project Team assignment encompassed Financial Reports, Health IT Standards, Work Flow Process Management and many other components of merging multiple cultures nationally.
* Reworked existing Billing Center System Design and implemented process improvements.
Project Manager - AM2000 (2/96 - 6/99)
* Responsible for implementation of new national A/R management systems in two locations with in excess of 100 Users.
* Implementation sites were the result of previous mergers. Issues included system re-design, work flow management and process improvement of existing systems while we implemented new national A/R system.
* Liaison between local management, corporate staff, computer vendor & regional senior management (CEO & CFO)
* Set up, monitored, adjusted and completed multi-departmental project plan including timelines on hiring, layoffs, relocation, purchase/training of computer hardware, network connectivity and financial reporting.
* After successfully implementing the new A/R system assumed responsibility for day-to-day operations.
* Member of divisional A/R management team responsible for +/- 100 employees
* Expanded and developed common practices throughout multiple sites and locations.
Purchasing Coordinator (11/94 - 2/96)
* Responsible for design and implementation of new purchasing system.
* System needed to accommodate the existing legacy systems of 3 previous companies at 5 different locations statewide.
* Used purchase orders, new shipping contacts, minimum stocking levels & coordination of regional buying power to maintain inventory while lowering costs.
* Introduced -Just In Time- inventory process to reduce costs while still providing need equipment.
* Developed Microsoft Access program to monitor pricing levels of 200+ products from 16 vendors.
5/89 - 11/94 CHAMBERLAIN AMBULANCE, Milford, CT
Vice President & General Manager (6/91 - 11/94)
* Responsible for daily operations of family owned business; instituted standard practices for A/R Management, Personal, Inventory, Fleet Maintenance and Financial Reporting;
* Implemented first computer system and increased Gross Billings 100% over three-year period.
* Centrally involved in successful negotiation, due diligence and sale of company to AMR.
Administrative Assistant (5/89 - 6/91)
* Rotated through administrative, operational and middle management roles to gain understanding of company business
EDUCATION UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN
MBA, Healthcare Administration, December 1998
UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER
BA, Political Science, May 1989
* Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access & Power Point), Monarch (Data Mining Application)
* Practice Management Systems: IDX/GPMS, ATHENA ), Sweetsoft & AM2000 (Ambulance A/R Management Systems).
* PM/EMR Systems (Impac Multi Access, Greenway Prime Suite)
* Comfortable with UNIX Networks, FTP, T-1`s, ISDN, VPN and management of related network issues.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATES
* EMT License 1990
* EMS Manages Degree, Texas Tech University, March 1995
* CPC (Certified Professional Coder), June 2004
* CSMS- IPA Business Managers Roundtable
* Medicare Executive Circle
* Medicare Provider Outreach and Education Advisory Group
* MPS - IPA Business Managers Group
References Available Upon Request
Physician Assistant Health
Hartford, CT - physician assistant, physician, savannah, health,...
RN case manager
Bristol, CT - review, staff nurse, r.n., nurse, case, medicare,...
Sales & Marketing Manager
Waterbury, CT - 1989, five, physician, oncology, instrument,...
Manager Customer Service
Fort Lauderdale, FL - physician, cancer, practice, access, performance,...
South Brunswick Township, NJ - physician, practice, nurse practitioner, analyst,...
Chicago, IL - practice, hospital, physician, chief, systems,...
Customer Service Sales
United States - practitioner, physician, emr, lead, epic, practice,...