NAME: Rikil Chyrmang
Centre for Development Studies,
Prasanth Nagar, Ulloor, Trivandrum
Kerala-695011, Mob: +91-984*******
E-mail: ***********@*****.***, ********@***.**.**
C/o; O.N. Chyrmang
Rynjah Colony Society, Rynjah, Shillong-6
Dist. East Khasi Hills, Shillong
DATE OF BIRTH: 13 April, 1981
Schooling: Jalaphet Primary School 1986-92 and JNV Jowai High School-
Meghalaya 1993-95; JNV Katehar Secondary School, Bihar 1996; CBSE
(Std.X), JNV Jowai, Meghalaya 1997-08; **************** HSSC (XII), Goa,
1999-01; B.A. Economics Goa University, Goa 2001-04; M.A. Economics
Goa University, Goa 2004-06; M.Phil in Applied Economics Centre for
Development Studies affiliated to the Jawaharlal Nehru University 2006-
2008 New Delhi.
Pursuing PhD Programme in Economics at Centre for Development Studies,
Trivandrum-Kerala, affiliated to the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Recipient of Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship in Economics from 2007-08
onward, University Grant Commission, New Delhi.
Received ICSSR Institutional Fellowship for Mphil Programme in
Applied Economics at Centre for Development Studies, Trivandrum-Kerala,
affiliated to the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Received Scholar Travel Subsidy Grant (STSG) Award 2010-2011 from
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The value of the
award is CAD $ 1521 (Canadian Dollar). This grant supports travel costs to
visit Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada from17th-24th May 2011.
Member of the Asian Population Association (APA), Chulalongkorn
University, Bangkok, Thailand June 2010.
Research Affiliates at Wilfrid Laurier University, The International Migration
Research Centre, Canada.
- ACES Computer Courses on Windows, MS Office & MS-Excel
- Two months training on typing course.
Econometric Packages: EVIEWS, GRETL, SPSS, PcGIVE and STATA
1. Rikil Chyrmang (2008), In an open economy home market constraint is not
an issue: Is it true in Indian case? in R.K. Mishra and Nandita Sethi (ed.),
Rethinking India s Growth Strategy: Services vs. Manufacturing (Vols 1 to 2
Set), Vedams Books (P) Ltd, New Delhi.
2. Rikil Chyrmang (2008), Wastage and Stagnation in Elementary Schools in
Goa, Indian Association of Social Science Institutions (IASSI) Quarterly
Journal, Vol. 27, No. 1&2(July December).
3. Rikil Chyrmang (2010), Education and Migration from the Northeastern
Region in India, VDM Verlag, Germany.
4. Rikil Chyrmang (2011), Magnitude of Migration from the Northeastern
Region of India, in S. Irudaya Rajan (ed.), Migration, Identity and Conflict,
India Migration Report 2011, Routledge, New Delhi.
5. S. Irudaya Rajan, V. Korra, & R. Chyrmang (2011), Politics of Conflict and
Migration, in S. Irudaya Rajan (ed.), Migration, Identity and Conflict, India
Migration Report 2011, Routledge, New Delhi.
6. Rikil Chyrmang (2011), Out-migration from the Northeast India: An
Aggregate Analysis, Alternative Perspectives, Special Issue, Vol. 5.
1. International Conference on Networking for the promoting the rights of
migrant workers in the Gulf countries . 4-5, December 2007, jointly
organized by CDS and Solidarity Centre, Washington, USA.
2. International Conference on Employment Opportunities and Public
Employment Policy in Globalising India held on 3rd 5th April, 2008, CDS,
3. International Conference on GLOBELICS (Global Network for
Economics of Learning, Innovation, and Competence Building Systems)
jointly organised by the Centre for Development Studies (CDS) and Indian
Institute Management (IIM) Bangalore held at CDS, Trivandrum-Kerala 2006.
4. Presented paper in the Third International Doctoral Theses Conference
jointly organised by IBS Hyderabad and Indira Gandhi Institute of
Development Research, Mumbai, held at IBS Hyderabad, during March 4-7,
5. Participation in the Seminar on ASEAN India FTA and Way Forward,
organized by CDS, IIFT, UNCTAD and Centre for WTO Studies, 5-6,
February 2010 held at Centre for Development Studies, Trivandrum, Kerala-
6. Paper entitled, Immigration from the South East Asian territory, Conflict and
Development in the Northeastern Region of India" accepted for presentation in
European Population Conference 2010 in Vienna, Austria, 1-4 September
7. Paper entitled, Education and migration in the Northeastern region of
India" accepted for presentation at the Applied International Business
Conference 2008 Conference held during 6th-8th November 2008 in Hotel
Grand Dorsett, Labuan, Malaysia.
8. International Conference on the effects of the Global Financial Crisis in GCC
Countries and its impact on South and South East Asian Migrant Workers,
Centre for Development Studies, 21-22 July, 2009
9. Paper entitled, International Cross-border immigration into the Northeastern
Region of India accepted for presentation in the First Asian Population
Association Conference, 16th to 20th November, 2010 New Delhi, India.
10. CDS-UNCTAD Seminar on International Competitiveness and Inclusive
Development, from 20-21st October, 2008 held at CDS, Trivandrum, Kerala.
11. Participated in the International Seminar on Innovation and Development
under Globalization: BRICS Experience, 19-21, August 2009, organized by
Centre for Development Studies, and Federal University of Rio de Janeiro,
Brazil, held at CDS, Trivandrum, Kerala-695011.
12. Presented paper on the Assessing the Complexities of South Asian Migration
Conference held during 19th- 21st May 2011 at Wilfrid Laurier University,
Waterloo Ontario, Canada hosted by the International Migration Research
1. International Labour Organisation (ILO) Workshop on Protecting the
Rights of Migrants Workers & Networking Tripartite and Social Partners in
Kerala held at CDS, Kerala during 26-27 October 2006
2. Third International Residential Training Workshop on Migration,
Globalisation, Security and Development organised by South Asia
Migration Resource Network (SAMReN), held at Godavari Village Resort,
Nepal, during March 8-15, 2009.
1. Participated in the National Conference on Indian Economy Twenty Years
of Economic Liberalization organised by the Centre for Development Studies,
held during December 01-03, 2010 at CDS, Trivandrum, Kerala.
2. Paper entitled Trend and Pattern of Internal Out-migration from India s
North-East presented in the 52nd Annual Conference of the Indian Society of
Labour Economics (ISLE) during December 17 19, 2010 at Dharwad under
the Department of Economics, Karnatak University, Karnataka.
3. Presented paper in the Second Doctoral Theses Conference held at IBS
Hyderabad, organised by ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad, during March
4. Presented paper in the VII Development Convention on Rethinking India s
Growth Strategy: Services vs. Manufacturing held during 20-22
FEBRUARY, 2008, IPE Hyderabad, India.
5. Presented paper in the Development Convention 2009, held at the Council
for Social Development (CSD), Southern Regional Centre, Hyderabad,
during March 5-6, 2009, organised by CSD.
6. Presented paper in the National Conference on Challenges in Human
Development in India organised by the Centre for Development Studies,
Trivandrum, held during January 24-25, 2009 at CDS, Trivandrum, Kerala.
7. Presented paper entitled, Cross-border immigration and Conflict: An
Assessment of Historical Evidence from Assam, in the 12th Annual
Conference of North Eastern Economic Association (NEEA) held under the
auspices of the Department of Economics, Nagaland University, Lumami,
Nagaland during November 10-11 2010.
8. Paper entitled, Cross-Border Immigration in North-East India: A Case of
Immigrant Workers presented in the 52nd Annual Conference of the Indian
Society of Labour Economics (ISLE) held during December 17 19, 2010 at
Dharwad under the Department of Economics, Karnatak University,
9. Invitation from Dr. A.V. Jose Honorary Director of GIFT to participate in the
PRE-BUDGET CONSULTATIONS hosted by Dr. T.M. Thomas Isaac,
Honorable Finance Minister of Kerala, 12th January 2010, organized by Gulati
Institute of Finance and Taxation (GIFT), Government of Kerala, held at
Mascot Hotel, Trivandrum.
1. Participated in the Short-Term Training Programme on Methods and
Approaches in Research on Migration Issues held at CDS, Trivandrum,
Kerala, during 1st 5th December, 2008.
2. Participated in the Training-cum-Workshop on Capacity Building in Social
Science Research on SPSS organized by the Indian Council of Social Science
Research, North Eastern Regional Centre, Shillong during 1st-10th December
2009 at ICSSR-NERC, NEHU Campus, Shillong, Meghalaya.
3. Participated in the CDS-UNCTAD Training Programme on Contemporary
Issues in International Trade, 10th-30th October, 2008 held at CDS,
4. Participated in the two days Workshop on Leadership Training Camp
sponsored by Free Forum of Enterprise Mumbai held at Dhempe College,
Miramar- Goa during 2002-03.
5. Participated in the Workshop on Effective Writing from January 07-11, 2008
held at CDS Trivandrum.
6. Participated in the two days workshop on Research Methodology organized
by Dhempe College of Arts and Science Miramar-Goa.
7. Participated in the Workshop titled: Economic Planning in Goa-Data
Sources and Uses organized by the Department of Economics, Goa
University, Goa on 13th March, 2006.
8. Workshop on Statistical Analysis Software/System (SAS) organised by IBS
(ICFAI) University, Hyderabad and Indira Gandhi Institute of Development
Research (IGIDR), Mumbai, held at IBS Hyderabad, during March 4-5, 2009.
9. Attended workshop on India s North East Study Circle during 20th -7th July,
2011 held at Don Bosco Institute, Guwahati, Assam, organised by Simon
Chilvers, University of Guelph, Canada.
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Games & Sports, Making friend, Sight Seeing, Listening to Music.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
1. Represented Patna region of Palamu District and State Bihar in Javelin
Throw senior boys category in the Seventh National Athletic Meet held at
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Dharwad, Karnataka from 1st to 2nd Nov 1996,
conducted by School Game Federation of India (SGFI), Position secured:
2. Represented Jaintia District Sports Association (JDSA) in the Sub-Junior
(U-16) category of Inter District Football Tournaments, held at Jowai,
Meghalaya from 18thto 30th 1997. Results: Champion.
3. Represented Meghalaya Football Association (MFA) in the 20th Sub-Junior
(U-16) National Football Championship of India, B.C. Roy Trophy held
during Dec 1997 & Jan 1998 at Delhi conducted by All India Football
Federation (AIFF), Result: Quarter- Final.
4. Represented Dempo Sports Club, Goa in the junior (U-19) category of
Football Championship during 1998-99 conducted by the Goa Football
Association (GFA). I was also part of the Youth Development Program of the
club. The team I represented reached Semifinalist. I was also part of the
Dempo Professional Club and represented in the Second Team of Second
Division League Championship conducted by GFA.
5. Represented Goa in the 36th Junior (U-19) National Football Championship
of India, held at Bangalore, Karnataka from 4th to 20th February 2001
conducted by All India Football Federation (AIFF), Result: Quarter-Final.
6. Represented Goa University Football Team in the senior category of West-
Zone Inter-Zonal University Football Tournaments held at Jodhpur
(Rajasthan) during 2001-02.
7. Represented Goa University Football Team in the senior category of All
India Inter University Football (AIIUF) Tournaments, held at Salt Lake
Studium (Kolkata) during 2001-02.
8. Represented Goa University Football Team in the senior category of West-
Zone Inter-Zonal University Football Tournaments held at Kolhapur,
(Maharashtra) during 2002-03.
9. Represented Goa University Football Team in the senior category of All
India Inter University Football (AIIUF) Tournaments, held at Trishur (Kerala)
10. Awarded Best Sportsman of the year in 1999-2000 Vidya Probodhini HSSC
11. In 2001-02 and 2003-04 awarded Best Football Player of the year Dhempe
College of Arts and Science, Miramar, Panaji - Goa.
12. From 2001 to 2003-04 joint NSS (National Service Scheme), volunteer of
Dhempe College of Arts and Science, Miramar, Panaji, Goa.
13. In 2003-04 elected Sports Secretary of Dhempe College of Arts and Science,
Miramar, Panaji, Goa.
14. During 2005-06 elected as University Group Representative (UGR for Post
Graduate Student Union of Goa University, Taleigoa-Panjim- Goa.
All the above information is true to the best of my knowledge
India - kerala, cochin, goa, ocean, gis, scientist, indian,...
India - kerala, mangalore, thrissur, malayalam, goa,...
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor of Biostatistics
India, KL - kerala, trivandrum, grade, professor, journal, med,...
India, Thiruvananthapuram, KL - kerala, trivandrum, cast, malayalam, oct, top,...
India, Mumbai, MH - kerala, casino, goa, pune, bsc, executive, sep,...
India - kerala, jamnagar, goa, pune, officer, gujarat,...
India, Chennai, TN - kerala, kochi, goa, oiler, ng, ts, sign, cochin,...