Electrical Engineer Project Manager Test September 2013
Post Jobs to
Multiple Job Boards &
Get more Candidates
Try it Free!
Start your 30-day
|***** ****** ***. • CHINO HILLS, CA *****
PHONE (CHINA): +86-156-0001-5312 • PHONE (USA): 626-***-****
***** EDWIN *****
Skilled, Creati ve, and Responsible
Experienced Electrical Engineer with strong electric vehicle industry background seeking an opportunity with an
organization to further develop leadership skills and knowledge in the fields of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
S UMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
5 year experience with high voltage power electronics, Altium PCB design, validation and testing.
Exceptional understanding of switching mode power supplies, voltage converters and feedback controls.
Effective leadership skills with experience in Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) process.
Consistently recognized for delivering projects to completion on time while developing effective design solutions.
Creative problem solver with a talent for finding innovative solutions.
Hands-on, mechanically adept, real-world applier of ideas.
Self-starter with excellent analytical, organizational, and entrepreneurial skills.
Well-rounded team player and with exceptional interpersonal skills.
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona Pomona, CA
Major: B.S. Electronics and Computer Engineering Technology, June 2003
P ROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Emotor Advance Corporation Limited
November 2012 - Present Beijing, China
Program Manager September 2013 - Present
- Coordinate a Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA) team to identify and prioritize potential failures in the
manufacturing of the Generation 4 liquid cooled drive system design.
- Create validation and sourcing plan for pre-production manufacturing.
- Identify production capabilities and forecast run to rate resource requirement.
- Organize and coordinate various departments to ensure on time production schedule and production planning.
Project Manager January 2013 - Present
- Guide vehicle conversion program activities including development of proposals, business requirement, risk
assessment, resources and cost estimates.
- Create and review technical documentation, plan organizational changes and support design implementation.
- Successfully communicated customer specification and requirements to engineering team and assure that
requirements are met.
Senior Research and Development Engineer November 2012 – September 2013
- Provided expert guidance on design, engineering and manufacturing of power electronics, induction motors
and battery module manufacturing.
- Conducted failure mode analysis and root causes using Global 8D Process.
- Verified and approved all engineering designs and engineering change orders.
July 2011 – November 2012 Pittsburgh, PA
Director of Operations
- Successfully created and managed a 27 employee multi-restaurant delivery service (Pittsburgh Delivery, LLC).
- Created an integrated online marketing strategy that increased overall sales by 15% in a fiscal year.
- Provided all restaurants with Point of Sale systems and support for better inventory and sales control.
June 2008 – June 2011 San Dimas, CA
Electrical Engineer June 2008 – July 2011
- Design and layout complex printed circuit boards for product prototypes.
- Design and create wiring schematics for electric vehicle conversions.
- Design, build and update test equipment to increase overall efficiency.
Test Engineer June 2008 – July 2011
- Lead Test Engineer for all Power Electronic Unit production.
- Qualified over 1600 Power Electronic Units for production and prototyping.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning Power Electronic Units and boards.
P ROJECT INVOLVEMENT
BMW Mini E, AC Propulsion
During 2008 and 2010, I acted as the bench and dynamometer Test Engineer to fulfill the drive system request for the
global BMW Mini E fleet. My responsibilities included designing new equipment to simulate the vehicle inputs as well as
designing board level testers. In addition, I was in charge of troubleshooting components or units that failed during testing
and finding the root cause of why and how they failed. Further into the project, I became in charge of warranty support
for the Mini E fleet which expanded my responsibilities to tracking, investigation and reporting of failure modes.
Luxgen MPV, AC Propulsion
During 2009 and 2011, I became responsible for the testing department guaranteeing the quality of the products. I
created a database to track testing results to identify if there are variations in the power electronics. In addition, I was in
charge of educating Luxgen engineers about the Generation 2 drive system as they became AC Propulsion’s second
Foton Midi, AC Propulsion
During 2010, I was responsible for designing accessory products such as air conditioner controllers, cabin heater
switches and wiring schematics for the Foton Midi conversion which later on became a fleet of electric taxis that are
operating in Beijing, China. Currently, I am in charge of championing Global 8D analysis for failures that are occurring in
the field in Emotor Advance.
Generation 3 Air Cooled Drive System, Emotor Advance
Upon my arrival in Emotor Advance Beijing, I was assigned to the task of assisting the manufacturing and testing setup
of AC Propulsion’s Generation 3 Air Cooled Drive System. My tasks involved ensuring that documentations regarding
manufacturing are coherent, accurate and updated. Furthermore, I performed PPAP evaluation on subcontracted
NEVS /SAAB 9-3, Emotor Advance
In early 2011, I was assigned to the task of being the liaison between Emotor Advance and NEVS for a prospective
Beijing electric taxi project. My responsibilities included evaluating customer requirements and advising both the customer
and AC Propulsion’s R&D team on which requirements are achievable. I was also involved in projecting manufacturing
capabilities and assessing resources needed as well as consulting on the vehicle conversion.
Generation 4 Liquid Cooled Drive System, Emotor Advance
In late 2011, I became in charge of all manufacturing related planning on AC Propulsion’s Generation 4 Liquid Cooled
System. The planning encompasses all aspects of manufacturing such as; quality plan, timing, facilities, capital requirement,
supplier and component sourcing, process control, risk management and training.
Similar ResumesProject civil Superintendent
Dayton, TX - civil, foreman, superintendent, journeyman, pipe,...Project Injection Molding Experience Mechanical
United Arab Emirates, Sharjah, SH - cnc, molding, injection, plastic,...Customer Service Assistant Management Experience
Auburn, WA - nurses, wa, dining, nursing, handler, heart,...HSE Professional Safety Trainer
Philippines, San Juan, Batangas, CALABARZON - practitioner, saudi, philippines, ksa, kingdom,...Real Estate Analyst Financial Business Management
SF, CA - analyst, mortgage, estate, san francisco,...QA Analyst/ Developer
India, Chennai, TN - chennai, www, http, developer, qa, designer, org,...Architect, Job Captain, Project Manager, AutoCad Operator
New York, NY - architect, draftsman, cad, operator,...Math / Computer Teacher
Philippines, Davao, Davao Region - philippines, davao, davao city, tesda, java, jose,...Electrical Engineering Mechanical Sheet Metal
Glendora, CA - piping, electrical, cnc, pipe, instrumentation,...Project Manager Construction Management Engineering
Baltimore, MD - piping, hvac, instrumentation, civil, valves,...