|Robert M. Todd
*** ******* ******. ************ **. 37127
Cell : 615-***-**** or 256-***-****
• 25+ years as a supplier to the automotive market.
a. Direct to OEM
b. Tier II
c. Tier III
• P & L responsibilities.
• Process knowledge
a. Progressive, auto and hand transfer stamping 30T-1500T
b. Welding, robotic, hand MIG, resistance spot, hardware affixing
• Management and Quality operating systems (QS, TS)
• Turnaround achievement. “Quality + Associate Moral = “Financial Success”
• WE over I management philosophy. Manages By Walking Around.
• Change agent, Mentor Management Style. Recognition and Rewards.
• Lean principles.
• Program Management / Product launches.
• Union experience.
• Material and labor reductions.
• Productivity increases, throughput enhancement, process reliability and focus.
• Scrap reduction.
• (Turn around) Increased press efficiency and product quality confidence that led to
bringing in out sourced product, resulting in increased sales and value added content for
• (Turn around) Transformed small facility destined for closure to a facility now that is the
backbone of sales and profit for the company. Increased sales from $3.5m to $13m within
24 months, with minimal overhead increase. Increased profits ( –26% EBITDA to +33%)
• Managed White House TN, facility in light of soft sales of over –$1.3mil to succeed meeting
budgeted EBIT projections.
• 2010’ TS audit 0 findings, 1st time in company history.
• Within 24 months achieved double ward from Honda of Alabama for Quality and Delivery.
• Facility holding single digit index average at Honda Alabama for 4 years consecutively.
General Manager – MATSU ALABAMA INC. – Nov 07 – Present Huntsville, AL
• Future planning as well as manage day to day operations in the manufacture of high strength steel
cross member, seating and white body structural components as a Tier I and Tier II supplier to Honda,
along with Hyundai through the Korean suppliers in Alabama.
• Stamping capabilities of 200T-1500T, progressive 300 to 1000T, manual and auto transfer 200 to
• Welding capabilities deploying 50+ robotic MIG, spot and manual spot, both hardware and plate to
plate attachments. Honda double award recipient for year 2010 (Quality/Delivery) (Recognized as
most Improved to TS Tech Alabama 2 years running)
• Oversaw installation of 1500T, 24’ bolster transfer press along with addition of 40K sq. ft. to
manufacturing building to bring total square footage to 165K sq ft.
• TS16949 Certified
• 260 Associates 27 Salaried
Operations Manager- Leggett & Platt – Nov 06 – Nov 07 Chattanooga TN
• Over saw daily operations of 2 facilities of over 200K sq. ft. in the manufacturing of automotive seating
components and assemblies utilizing processes of CNC, dedicated, and other flexible wire forming
equipment. Welding processes including MIG, resistance and up and coming new process of hot upset
or (Fas-Loc). Sales of over $35 million annually.
• TS16949 Certified
• 135 Associates
Branch Manager – Leggett & Platt – Jan 05 - Nov 06 White House TN
Facility Closed during Core Business Restructuring
Manufacturing Consultant – Self Employed Aug 04 to Dec 04 White House TN
Leggett & Platt – Whitehouse TN Operations
Residential Construction Owner TODD CONSTRUCTION Aug 2003
PLANT MANAGER – CHELSEA INDUSTRIES – FEB 2000 to JULY 2003 Cadiz KY
Wire forming utilizing fixed and CNC bending methods, 2 nd & 3rd tier supplier of welded seating assemblies.
Utilizing MIG and resistance, dedicated and robotic processes.$13 million in sales.
• Full P&L responsibility
• Direct contact with customer quality along with process quality diligence. Produced a reduction of
RPPM from 2500 to 150.
• Turned facility around from destined closure by developing TEAM oriented cost down exercises in
which reduced facility labor content by 40% while supporting growing sales. EBITDA turn around from –
25% to +30% in 18 mos. Shareholder confidence increase resulted in growing facility from $3.5M to
$13M in 2 years.
• Plant was selected and maintained Company of the Years status for 2 consecutive years.
• QS9000 quality management system implementation completed in Feb 2003.
• 48 hourly, 9 salaried.
Facility closed amid steel price lunge in 2003-4. Main customer refused price absorption
PLANT MANAGER – GMP METAL PRODUCTS - SEPT 1998 to FEB 2000 Humboldt TN
Supplier of heavy structural stampings to the construction and agricultural equipment industry. $12.5 million
in sales .Sheet metal fabricator.
• 60 to 800 ton capacity. Progressive as well as hand transfer.
• Press brake, laser, turret presses, robotic and manual weld applications.
• 95 hourly, 8 salaried
BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER – EMERSON ELECTRIC MOTORS – SEPT 1996 to SEPT 1998 Humboldt TN
Magnetic lamination stampings supporting the rotor and stator assembly operations both in Humboldt TN and
• Carbide progressive dies.
• Tool and die responsibilities
• 10 presses ranging from 200 to 300 ton. Press speed of 0 to 300 SPM.
• 65 associates
• Facility restructured, stamping moved to Mexico.
STEEL COMPONENTS UNIT MANAGER – MAGNETEK INC – SEPT 1994 to OCT 1996 Mendenhall MS
Magnetic lighting lamination stampings supporting fluorescent ballast operations in Mendenhall MS, Blytheville
Ark and Matamoros Mexico. $65 million in sales.
• Carbide and tool steel progressive dies.
• Engineering, Metallurgic lab, Production Control and Tool and die responsibilities.
• 45 presses ranging from 60 to 200 ton. Press speeds from 0 to 300 SPM.
• 185 hourly, 18 salaried
• Operations moved to Mexico.
** STAMPING OPERATIONS MANAGER – MAGNETEK INC – SEPT 1993 to SEPT 1994
** LAMINATIONS STAMPING MANAGER – MAGNETEK INC – Jan 1992 to SEPT 1993
OPERATIONS MANAGER – DOUGLAS & LOMASON MAR 1990 to DEC 1991 Carrollton GA
Supplier of stamped automotive trim and seating components. $55 million in sales.
• 550 hourly, 28 salaried.
SUPERINTENDANT (2ND Shift) – DOUGLAS & LOMASON OCT 1989 to MAR 1990
PLANT SUPERINTENDANT – ITT THOMPSON IND. OCT 1988 to OCT 1989 Adel GA
Supplier of window, side body and wheel ornamentation components to the OEM’s both stamped and roll
formed. $60 million in sales.
• 350 hourly, 23 salaried
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Taguchi Design of Experiments 80 hrs
• Supervisory Management 60 hrs (Georgia Northwestern)
• Statistical Process Control 40 hrs (ITT Internal Training)
• Demand Flow Technology 80 hrs (John Costanza)
• Synchronous Manufacturing 80 hrs (GM Training, Doraville Assembly)
• Project Management 80 hrs (D&L Internal Training)
• 5S Disciplines 20 hrs (Emerson Electric Internal Training)
• Computer Skills: MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, multiple MRP/ERP systems.
• Some college work: Associates (Business Management) 1 semester (4.0)
Similar ResumesMechanical Engineering Customer Service Manufacturing
Syosset, NY - hvac, mechanical, mechanical engineering, allen,...Customer Service High School Team Leader City
Philippines, Makati, NCR - applicant, makati, laguna, gabriel, makati city,...Strategy, Business Development, Product Management, Sales Management
Greensburg, PA - nuclear, instrumentation, united kingdom, kingdom,...Manager, Inventory Control, Cost Accounting, Production
LaGrange, GA - accountant, machine operator, operator, controller,...Customer Service Entry Level Project Management
Huntington Beach, CA - bpo, escrow, entry level, mortgage, loan,...management
Mission Viejo, CA - le, es, laguna, robinson, ui, er, ro, buyer,...Project Manager Management Business Data Warehouse
New York, NY - data warehouse, etl, hyperion, agile, cognos,...Engineer Quality Assurance Experience Development
United States - engineer, qa, www, tester, quality engineer, http,...Manager Manufacturing Customer Service Experience
Cookeville, TN - combine, plant manager, plant, ts, tn, welding,...Customer Service Manager Operations Continuous Improvement
Smyrna, GA - molding, lean, center manager, operations manager,...