A highly talented engineer with extensive manufacturing and management experience
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• More then 15 years experience in chemical/gases Process Engineering
• Highly skilled in optimization, manufacturing and operations
• Proven ability to lead engineering and technician teams
• Hard working, detail orientated and able to multi-task
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent computer skills
LINDE Specialty Gases • 1122 N 52nd St, Phoenix AZ 85008 (3/2007 - 7/2013)
• Managed engineer direct reports and maintenance technicians.
• Responsible for project design, justification and capital request submissions
• Troubleshoot and repair complex process issues with engineering team
• Lead design review, HazOp, PSM and FMEA for new and existing processes.
• Oversee and qualify contractors on site. Approve and issue hazardous work permits
• Performed in-depth analysis of manufacturing and raw material costs to identify savings
• Managed engineering and maintenance budgets
• Reviewed maintenance management program (MAXIMO) to ensure work order/PM completion
• Maintained and approved submissions for MOC (Management Of Change) documentation
• Ensured company compliance with regulatory agencies audits and customer audits
• Executed many projects using Kaizen, Six Sigma and best operating practice methodology
• Performed incident reviews and good catch opportunities to improve safety, processes and facility issues
• Work with Sales, Production and Customer Service to investigate customer complaint issues using 8D
Project Engineer (4/2000 - 3/2007)
• Responsible for process and project engineering. Worked with technicians to keep production lines up
• Designed and programmed multiple process lines, scrubbers and analytical processes
• Managed installation and performed start-up of several distillation columns (Nh3,DCS and BF3)
• Automated several manual processes using PLC’s and HMI’s. (AB, RsView, Panelview,Wonderware)
• Diagnosed equipment failures using volt meters and instrumentation software
• Designed and modify P&ID’s using CAD, created process flow chart using Visio
• Performed several DOE’s to improve process yield losses and first time pass analysis
• Completed company Six Sigma “Operational Excellence” program
• Ensured compliance with company PSM process safety management (HCL,Nh3)
• Facilitated bulk gas delivery system installations at customer sites (Intel, IR, China)
• Upgraded facility hazardous gas detection system to a DCS and interfaced with a PFD Hazmat
• Lead facility upgrades including new building construction and other civil construction
• Managed facility upgrade to meet current building codes
• Extensive knowledge of facility HVAC, chillers, process heating, vacuum systems and utilities
TAVA Technologies • 510 E Broadway, Tempe AZ (8/1998 - 4/2000)
• Performed programming,installation and start-up of controls systems on several water treatment plants
• Programmed PLC (Allen Bradley,Siemens,Modicon) cabinets for various chemical delivery systems
• Programmed HMI (Rsview,Wonderware, Simplicity) for several water/waste water facilities
• Installed and tuned VFD’s (ABB) for large water delivery pumps to city reservoirs
• Prepared P&ID’s, control cabinet details and field interconnection start up documentation
• Performed training on control systems for operations
Mega Systems & Chemicals • 450 N McKemy Ave, Chandler AZ 85226 (3/1994 - 8/1998)
Field Process Engineer
• Performed installation and start-up of chemical delivery systems CMP, (Slurry, Acid) in Asia and the USA
• Managed installation contractors and worked with customer management team (Intel, IBM, Motorola)
• Facilitated customer equipment audits and ensured “Copy Exact” designs and builds
• Performed on site PLC program changes and instrumentation trouble shooting
• Ensured high purity conditions to the fab using particle counters
• Installed UHP chemical valve panels in fabs and sub fabs
• Wrote and updated manuals and work instructions for equipment
• Trained customers process engineers on equipment operations and maintenance
• Responsible for customer sign off after equipment qualification and training
Canterbury University, Cheshire UK (8/1994)
B.S. Engineering Technology
ITT Tech, Phoenix AZ (5/1990)
A.S. Computer/Electronics Engineering Technology
Electronics and instrumentation/DCS,PLC,C
India, Bengaluru, KA - dcs, plc, scada, instrumentation, sec, sec school,...
India, Chennai, TN - dcs, plc, scada, robot, automation, wiring,...
Ashburn, VA - dcs, plc, railway, scada, gsm, sensors, device,...
India, Chennai, TN - dcs, plc, scada, electrician, coimbatore, sslc,...
Tempe, AZ - dcs, plc, engineer, instrument, superintendent,...
United States - dcs, hmi, instrumentation, plc, scada,...
India, MH - dcs, german, plc, hmi, commissioning, engineer,...