Covington Callie* ********** ***** ***. *
Baltimore MD 21286
To obtain an Oracle DBA position where I can use my problem solving skills to help leverage company investment
US CITIZEN (Secret Clearance)
• 5 years total IT experience in Oracle Database & Windows Systems Administration, Design & Development, Systems Architecture, Database Security and Infrastructure.
• Possesses a proven ability to analyze all aspects of database entry in a multi-dimensional function, in terms of managing multiple tasks and projects with utmost accuracy.
• Manage internal databases, from planning and testing stages through implementation and support.
• Excellent writing and organizational skills.
• Extensive experience in Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g Administration.
• Manages databases from planning and testing stages through implementation and support.
• In depth understanding of security and backup procedures to ensure database integrity and disaster recovery plans.
• Excellent communication, presentation, analytical, problem solving skills and work well with all levels of business.
ISHGLO Frederick MD 2008 to Present
Service Desk\Oracle Database Engineer
• Installed and Configured Oracle 10g/11g software on UNIX.
• Upgraded several databases from Oracle 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.4.
• Upgraded databases from 10.2.0.4 to 188.8.131.52
• Performed various DBA Maintenance task such as rebuilding indexes, validating constraints, reorganizing tables using the move command.
• Setup technical procedures and administrative policies for production, test and development databases physical design, administration, maintenance, tuning, backup and recovery.
• Allocated system storage and plan future storage requirements for the database systems.
• Resized database redo logs files by creating new redo logs files and later dropping the existing redo logs.
• Implements automated backups and recovery procedures of databases in LINUX and Sun Solaris environments.
• Created new databases and users: set up exports and other monitoring scripts.
• Implemented database refresh using full export for table level and full database defragment resulting in improved performance and effective space management.
• Handles database server tuning, application tuning, maintaining documentation, and capacity planning and database security.
• Identify, recommend and implement all new database technologies and upgraded oracle database from 10g to 11g.
• Responsible for oracle 11g database logical and physical database design, implementation and maintenance on Unix/Linux, Sun Solaris and windows.
• Performs database tuning, creates database reorganization procedures, scripted alerts and monitored scripts.
Finiti Columbia, MD 2005 to 2008
Console Operator /Oracle DBA
• Provided virtual support to external users in the areas of e-mail, directories, and standard Windows desktop applications via remote desktop.
• Maintained and supported network configuration of desktop computers
• Monitored network systems to ensure they are fully functional using proprietary monitoring software.
• Providing customer and network administration services such as reset passwords, setup up user accounts.
• Checked and maintained backup generator.
• Monitor and start up monitor Oracle server
• Shadow and troubleshot end users in India via Citrix Metaframe
• Checked and maintained temperature of server rooms and office fuel level
• Created new databases and users: set up backups, export, and other monitoring scripts
• Managing database security. Design, develop, and implement automated data backup and restoration procedures. Provide technical support for database maintenance and disaster recovery
Computer Skills: Oracle, Unix, Linux,Operating Windows PCs; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Microsoft Access, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft FrontPage, Adobe PageMaker, Cobalt, Visio, Citrix ,VPN, Java,Symantec Ghost, SQL and SQL PLUS, Active Directory.
Certifications: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) Oracle Database 10g DBA OCA.
Frederick Community College Frederick, MD Computer Science
Oracle Training Owingsmill, MD